Top Shelf Aquatics

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

I have been skimmer-less for 2 weeks now. And today I removed the entire contraption from the back chambers too. Installed Stevie T's media basket omgomgomg

With 2 chemi pure and 2 purigen and filter floss. (I had it laying around so I decided to use it all as i had them originally for the 14G so the chemipure are small bags)

I have to say the water back there is nearly crystal clear! whoa.

Tomorrow is frag glue down day, water testing and changing day too. I did a little shopping at the event I hosted at the LFS. I guess I wasn't done spending because I just pulled the trigger on a LiveAquaria order omgomgomg

My first mail order fish! :scarry: ima need some hand holding when it arrives on Tuesday.

I have a very small QT tank so I might be using a 5G bucket to QT.

But I am hoping with this order of fish, my tank is complete!

MAKE WAY FOR GEOWGE!

PH 8.2

Ammonia 0

Nitrite 0

Nitrate 0

dKH 7.7

Ca 500

Spent a few hours rearranging frags, glueing down new ones. Discovered that the structure on the right was wobbling and came apart easily so took a while to try to figure out how to make it work. Still have more work to do which I hope to do tomorrow, before my fish from LA arrive Tuesday. Fingers crossed.

What fabulous tank you've got! :)

Congrats on the media rack. It's so much better than that stupid RSM set up. I also spent the weekend gluing new corals. It took me for ever and this morning my bulldozer snails or hermits knocked three of them off.

What did ya get from LA?

What fabulous tank you've got! :)

Thank you for visiting! I read your thread(s) for inspiration. Loved it when you fragged the powerhead to get clove polyps to grow, cried when that elephant ear ate your beautiful clownfish and others. I hope you visit again.

Congrats on the media rack. It's so much better than that stupid RSM set up. I also spent the weekend gluing new corals. It took me for ever and this morning my bulldozer snails or hermits knocked three of them off.

What did ya get from LA?

I think I'm liking the media rack! :) As for LA, :ninja:

I'm nervous though. Some people swear by LA's quarantine methods, say you can be assured the fish are clean without diseases and can safely put them in the tank. Anyone have any experience to the contrary?

I got my last fish on Mar 5 so the biofilter has had a chance to catch up.

el fabuloso
Thank you for visiting! I read your thread(s) for inspiration. Loved it when you fragged the powerhead to get clove polyps to grow, cried when that elephant ear ate your beautiful clownfish and others. I hope you visit again.

You're welcome! I'm glad someone appreciates my long and winded storytelling. :lol:

• Like 1

IMG_20120424_132135.jpg

So this was my first order with LA (and my first mail order fish!!!) and I was skittish as a kitten. My friend ZephNYC sent this sms to me yesterday after I demanded some virtual hand holding:

"Like a virgin...hey! Shipped for the very first time!!" :rolleyes:

I called the front desk 4 times to see if FedEx had arrived, all the front services staff knew I was expecting fish so they called me even before the entered the package in their system.

Packaging is stellar. Also I had a casualty. I called DFS, they picked up right away a live operator on the line! That is rare these days. She made a note on my order about the DOA but, get this: MADE ME ACCLIMATE DEAD FISH.

Fishies are drip acclimating now.

One of my favorite lines from Goodfellas -

"Hey!!!!! You popped your cherry!!!!" Lmao!!! I know, I know..dog house.

"Whadaya mean? I got pinched, I thought you'd be mad."

Probably had you acclimate it in case it wasn't truly dead. I've read the stories of fish flopping around in the trash can, hours later.

y'all are terrible. all those pics I painstakingly put up with my macro lens and the unboxing of stuff gets more attention! :slap:

The fish are in but the lights are off to give GEOWGE a chance to get comfortable. He displayed very interesting behavior so I'll share that when the lights are on.

Spiro: don't text and drive!!!

KG: Lol, you were right

Banshee: yup had to acclimate per LA.

Zeph: I called you when the package arrived! Grrrrr.

Mike: Would have been nice if the DOA would come back to life but alas no.

Alto: dead fish acclimating:

IMG_20120424_140830.jpg