ReefCleaners.org

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Currently building one and I already know this is going to result in more water changes, I'm freaking sick of doing squats with 5 gallon buckets.

Does wonders for your ass though!
  • Like 1

Plant dolly would work, but not as stable. Most bucket dollies have those screw downs on the side to hold the bucket in place and the wheels have a stable wide stance. however, either can work fine.

My Home Depot trip to get paint, brutes and brute dollys turned out to be 2 hours and 15 minutes long. It involved 2 Home Depot locations and about 6-10 associates to get me on my way. :wacko:

The first Home depot with the demon plumber was just a pick up- I had placed online orders for the Brutes, dollys, some plumbing parts. They had called last week to let me know the dollys and unions were not in stock but that they would be this weekend. So I called this morning to check stock, they said yes and I went to go get everything.

Nope. Not in stock. Spent all this time with an associate running that damn orange cart from the outdoor gardening department to the trash can department find the dollys. Nope. With a plumber (Thank God not the demon) and no unions. Fine!

The paint I had bought for the fish nook was just a neutral cream color. I bought that new super thick paint and primer in one, their Marquee brand. It's expensive but it works great Well just as I was finishing up the can, the bottom of the can had unmixed color in it and my wall now has some spots/steaks on 1/4 of the area. I took the paint can back and told the paint department guy what happened. He opens the can and says the paint is almost finished. Well yeah, that's what I'm telling you there was unmixed paint in the bottom and 1/4 of my wall has spots. He wants to see a picture of the spots. Okay fine, so while I'm pulling it up on my phone, I ask him, can he not see the unmixed paint in the can, he says yes but I still need to see your wall. WTF. He then calls his supervisor and mixes me a fresh can that I don;t have to pay for.

So I go on to the next closest Home Depot who, I was told at the first HD, had 6 of the dollys and 25 of the unions in stock.

Nope. :angry:

So I ask the plumber in the department there for the unions. He can't find them. He tells me to go to a 3rd Home Depot location. Really?!

I went to the service desk spitting mad and waved all my papers with the pictures on it and their store SKU numbers. The lady the desk says oh yeah we have 6 of the dollys and 25 of the unions. I said the plumber could not find it. She says what was his name, I said I don't know, he wore one of your orange HD aprons. He was your guy. So she pages somebody, he comes up and she explains to him what I need, I jump up and down waving my papers with the pictures - "HEY I HAVE SKU NUMBERS BUDDY"

So I follow him back to the same aisle. Nope. :angry:

Then he looks up, like waaaay waay up on their shelves and says what is that SKU# again, I tell him and he spies just the last 3 numbers on a box. Gets a ladder and what do you know! A brand new box of 25 unions! :wub:

I go back to the service desk and that lady had somebody in the outdoor plant department bring 3 dollys for me. :wub:

Then she gave me 5% off everything for my pain and suffering. :wub:

That was my afternoon.

• Like 6

My Home Depot trip to get paint, brutes and brute dollys turned out to be 2 hours and 15 minutes long. It involved 2 Home Depot locations and about 6-10 associates to get me on my way. :wacko:

The first Home depot with the demon plumber was just a pick up- I had placed online orders for the Brutes, dollys, some plumbing parts. They had called last week to let me know the dollys and unions were not in stock but that they would be this weekend. So I called this morning to check stock, they said yes and I went to go get everything.

Nope. Not in stock. Spent all this time with an associate running that damn orange cart from the outdoor gardening department to the trash can department find the dollys. Nope. With a plumber (Thank God not the demon) and no unions. Fine!

The paint I had bought for the fish nook was just a neutral cream color. I bought that new super thick paint and primer in one, their Marquee brand. It's expensive but it works great Well just as I was finishing up the can, the bottom of the can had unmixed color in it and my wall now has some spots/steaks on 1/4 of the area. I took the paint can back and told the paint department guy what happened. He opens the can and says the paint is almost finished. Well yeah, that's what I'm telling you there was unmixed paint in the bottom and 1/4 of my wall has spots. He wants to see a picture of the spots. Okay fine, so while I'm pulling it up on my phone, I ask him, can he not see the unmixed paint in the can, he says yes but I still need to see your wall. WTF. He then calls his supervisor and mixes me a fresh can that I don;t have to pay for.

So I go on to the next closest Home Depot who, I was told at the first HD, had 6 of the dollys and 25 of the unions in stock.

So I ask the plumber in the department there for the unions. He can't find them. He tells me to go to a 3rd Home Depot location. Really?!

I went to the service desk spitting mad and waved all my papers with the pictures on it and their store SKU numbers. The lady the desk says oh yeah we have 6 of the dollys and 25 of the unions. I said the plumber could not find it. She says what was his name, I said I don't know, he wore one of your orange HD aprons. He was your guy. So she pages somebody, he comes up and she explains to him what I need, I jump up and down waving my papers with the pictures - "HEY I HAVE SKU NUMBERS BUDDY"

Then he looks up, like waaaay waay up on their shelves and says what is that SKU# again, I tell him and he spies just the last 3 numbers on a box. Gets a ladder and what do you know! A brand new box of 25 unions! :wub:

I go back to the service desk and that lady had somebody in the outdoor plant department bring 3 dollys for me. :wub:

That was my afternoon.

Just reading this gave me severe anxiety. Glad it worked out in the end.

Are you in NYC or burbs area? Living in metro Chicago, going to three different HD's would take over three hours alone in typical weekend traffic... ugh.

• Like 2
aquariumlover10

That was my afternoon.

That sounds like me at petsmart about the betta and goldfish bowl and saaying koi can be kept in a bowl "WITH" goldfish.

That was my afternoon.

what a noob you always look up when you can't find things. The sku #'s are wrote on the boxes with a black marker.
  • Like 1

what a noob you always look up when you can't find things. The sku #'s are wrote on the boxes with a black marker.

:huh:

TIL, you need these comic book shoes...

Ihy87Oh.jpg

PxZJ0Ge.jpgFnt9mjm.jpg

These are from London!!! I do shop at new look, so cute.

• Like 1

Next time... go to lowes. They hire intelligent people there who aren't demons and they always have what I need, PLUS if they don't it's free delivery to your house just as fast as they would get it to their store so... no running around like chicken with cut off head :D

• Like 2

Next time... go to lowes. They hire intelligent people there who aren't demons and they always have what I need, PLUS if they don't it's free delivery to your house just as fast as they would get it to their store so... no running around like chicken with cut off head :D

My Lowes sucks bigger balls but thank you for the tip, I will try there next time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Old thread.

So every few months my Tyree Sunset Montipora tries to off itself. Then a few months later it starts to grow back. Very strange coral. Here you can see it beginning to grow back over it's old skeleton.

20141203_115045.jpg

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...