SaltCritters.com

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Introducing THE BENNY, 2.0. Or mebbe we should call it THE BENNY LIME POINT OHHHH!

omgomgomg

So I sent The Benny 1.0 to Benny for some adjustments. And he sent me back pretty much a whole new light with Lime LEDs! :)

2x 5000K Rebel ES white

4x Rebel ES royal blue

2x Rebel blue, and

2x tristars that each have a Rebel ES royal blue, Rebel ES lime, and Rebel red

So, like I might be the first chick to have Lime LEDs on the fuge. Okay, I might be the first reefer ever to have Lime LEDs on the fuge.

happycat1_1.jpg

happycatdance.jpg

• Like 5

hey kat, did you ever get gold to peek through on your myagi? since moving mine halfway down the rock work the gold/green has been increasing dramatically.

here's 9/3/14:

https://flic.kr/p/oLoquK'>14942149587_2d8129a7e3_b.jpghttps://flic.kr/p/oLoquK'>FSH_0461 by https://www.flickr.com/people/127239994@N04/'>loraine_klein1, on Flickr

unfortunately i can't find a good pic from the summer. :/

• Like 1

hey kat, did you ever get gold to peek through on your myagi? since moving mine halfway down the rock work the gold/green has been increasing dramatically.

here's 9/3/14:

14942149587_2d8129a7e3_b.jpgFSH_0461 by loraine_klein1, on Flickr

unfortunately i can't find a good pic from the summer. :/

Wow, maybe that's what mine needs, lower light. Well, really not sure how to do that given that it now looks like this:

Encrusted colony.

20140822_172746.jpg

So like, I want a Kitty acro frag....

;) Errbady wants a piece of kitty. Acro. :lol:

• Like 4

I got off my lazy derriere and did a water change. Siphoned the sand bed and made my bucket dirty.

Then I added "clarity" and "prime" to the tank while it went about it's business.

About to add some Dr Tims.

Microbakter7 later in the day maybe.

I got off my lazy derriere and did a water change. Siphoned the sand bed and made my bucket dirty.

Then I added "clarity" and "prime" to the tank while it went about it's business.

About to add some Dr Tims.

Microbakter7 later in the day maybe.

When's the last time u did one? Don't lie. 10%?

Clarity and prime? Why?

When's the last time u did one? Don't lie. 10%?

Why would I lie? :slap:

I did a couple of gallons 3 or 4 weeks ago.

Today I did 3 gallons. I usually mix up about 5G and do a 2G change on the pico.

So that is averaging about ~5-7% water change. Per month.

Clarity and prime? Why?

Clarity for the schmutz the siphoning stirred up, organics and all. Prime for the same reason: siphoned the sand bed, disturbed a lot of crap. Prime will lock up any nitrogen cycle components.