Pod Your Reef

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

We will have many frags of this Subulata avail soon. Keep your pants on.

:ninja:

It has been 2 days since I put in the phosguard. Is that enough time to check phosphates to see if it made any changes up or down?

:ninja:

It has been 2 days since I put in the phosguard. Is that enough time to check phosphates to see if it made any changes up or down?

Phosguard is very very quick, 1 day would be enough IMO.

• Like 1

:ninja: It has been 2 days since I put in the phosguard. Is that enough time to check phosphates to see if it made any changes up or down?

Yes. Phosguard will remove phosphates so fast it causes problems for some people.

Phosphates are the same. 0.03

You don't want them any lower than that anyway. Corals and clams need phosphates!,,,,,also if yurs running it in a sock it will not be as effective as a true reactor.
  • Like 3

Yes. Phosguard will remove phosphates so fast it causes problems for some people.

You don't want them any lower than that anyway. Corals and clams need phosphates!,,,,,also if yurs running it in a sock it will not be as effective as a true reactor.

The phosguard is in a reactor.

I'm happy with 0.03 phosphates. The measurement was just to see if the phosguard changed my usual 0.03 to something else.

I wouldn't trust the test kits.

Why not?

The Subulata remnant is growing up

20140829_110634_1.jpg

Rescued this mushroom from the fuge, it was a more vibrant turquoise in the fuge though, it was getting high light.

20140829_110514_1.jpg

Tricked the Baslet. Puttied up the little opening to the cave and now it just hangs out by the sea rod. Such a cool fishy. I was getting mad that it chose to stay holed up knowing the clowns were terrorizing it.

20140901_123435.jpg

Kramer has been cruising the tank but the last couple of days he has chosen to stay in this SPS spot instead of the rock nem I initially put him on. Although I did see him hiding under the nem for a bit the other day. Maybe he likes to nap there.

20140901_123516_1.jpg

I hope I am not speaking too soon but I wanted to give a shout out to Tarte the Urchin. I don't see any bryopsis to speak of anymore! It has to be her, or it has to be the vitamin C that I have been dosing everyday. I see one tuft in between the ORA purple plasma branches at the back of the tank, it could be that she can't get to it between the branches. but other than that I do not see any. That is quite a miracle and I'm really grateful for that.

• Like 6
jedimasterben

Tricked the Baslet. Puttied up the little opening to the cave and now it just hangs out by the sea rod. Such a cool fishy. I was getting mad that it chose to stay holed up knowing the clowns were terrorizing it.

That's natural behavior, picking a hole in a rock and using it for cover. :huh:

That's natural behavior, picking a hole in a rock and using it for cover. :huh:

And I am fine with him doing that on any other side of the tank but the spot that is 2 inches above the clownfish spawning rock.

The clownfish made it their business to constantly bully him in that hold exactly like they used to when I had Geowge the Midas.

Why not?

I have found them to not be that accurate or helpful at the level we need them to be at for SPS systems. My ULR Hannah phosphate meter always said .03-.04 and my corals were always STNing. I stopped caring about chasing numbers and went by coral look and algae growth on the glass and it has served me well. Just my opinion though.

The phosguard is in a reactor.

I'm happy with 0.03 phosphates. The measurement was just to see if the phosguard changed my usual 0.03 to something else.

Why not?

I thought u only had tumble style reactors. You can't tumble phosguard. That's why u were talking about a sock.

Rescued this mushroom from the fuge, it was a more vibrant turquoise in the fuge though, it was getting high light.

20140829_110514_1.jpg

Nice i have a shroom that lookalike this but hairy

• Like 2