SaltCritters.com

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

I put the clam upside down. Meaning the inhalent siphon is higher, the foot isn't facing the ground and instead is facing the back. The mantle is significantly more normal looking and flattened now. Although I am sure this can't be good for the clam. I've messaged James Fartheree. I'm hoping he will reply.

20140419_193331_1.jpg

I spy with my little eye:

A dendro saying "FEED ME" :D

• Like 2

I spy with my little eye:A dendro saying "FEED ME" :D

:D I feed it. I'm waiting for some krill to arrive in the mail.

If your interested just send me a surprise with my frags you are sending me and I will ship it your way.

I'll send a surprise but I'm really only looking for birds. Thank you though, papa of peanut.

Blue the clam was totally not happy being upside down and started the process to shed it's foot. I put her the right side up again. I don't know what to do with this clam.

II was reading James Fartherees book again and fed a mix of spray dried zooplankton and phytoplankton yesterday. Boom. Woke up to flatworm central in the fuge. So still blurry eyed I siphoned them and did a FWE treatment. Hope all the inverts in the fuge will be okay. I did a crazy overdose. Carbon is running of course but :shrug:

I set up a 'studio' for my Marine Depot Videos. 6 year old niece:

Niece: what's that thingee?

Aunty Kat: what thingee?

Niece: That thingee with the thingee in the water thingee

Aunty Kat: Oh that thingee is a studio I have to film some videos

Niece: So then after that can I play with that orange thingee?

Aunty Kat: what orange thingee?

Niece: that robot thingee, the fishy

Aunty Kat: okay that's fine

Niece: when are you going to video the thingee

Aunty Kat: (pointing to charging batteries) I have to wait for that thingee to turn green

Niece: oh

• Like 4

Is there even such a thing as upside down when you are underwater? I can't say my maxima is upside down, but the incurrent siphon is a little higher than the excurrent but not much.

• Like 1

Installed the smart ATO. Going to watch to see how reliable it is. Initial thought is that the itty bitty pump it comes with would not be strong enough to pump water in with any strength but boy was I wrong. It's pretty powerful for a little thing.

I know I was at some reef event and they were saying super glue gel and carib sand. If they used a mold they used KY jelly as a mold release it is water soluble and non toxic. I get some reef rubble it is easy to make it look natural in the tank from the start. Check out youtube as well.

Also occasionally done with white Portland mixed with reef sand or aragonite. Those have to be cured in water though before going into a tank. Most people cure them in the toilet tank so the water gets changed constantly. Molds for that sort are quite easy to make.

I have made some magnetic ones from acrylic, magnets, sand and super glue.

More recently I have started to see a large number of plugs made out of abs or possibly hdp, its some sort of injected mold plastic for sure. One local guy uses large plastic golf tees with the tios cut down.

• Like 1

The RSM pump died. Like completely died! I'm soaking it in vinegar to see if it might come back to life.

I emailed RedSea. This pump was sent to me in October so in ~6 months it shouldn't burn out.

Still looking for birdsnest skeletons. :flower: