Cultivated Reef

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

It's WAY better. You don't have to scrub at all.

Well, I didn't have to scrub, not sure what the heck the guy in the video is doing.

I'm digging the Christmas wrapping paper for a tank skirt. :D

• Like 3

Cake Update. :rolleyes:

So the kids told their dad that they wanted to have cake for breakfast. Since it is a school day they weren't allowed. They staked out which area of the cake they wanted to eat, which flower. They fought over the flowers. :rolleyes: I just fed my nephew one piece and he agreed with me, the cake tastes better without the icing.

The icing is a pre-made thing that I got from the store. I might have to return the unopened tub and make my own which is less sweet and smoother to eat. Not sure yet.

• Like 2

The icing is a pre-made thing that I got from the store.

Post should have read :

The icing... I CHEATED

• Like 3

You don't understand. I would need a cake mixing thingee to make icing and cake. I'll get it, just not for my first class or two. I'm taking decorating up to gum paste flower level. so there is plenty of time. At least I stumbled upon a cake mix they like. Okay fine, I cheated on the cake mix too. It's a DECORATING CLASS. Pfffft.

• Like 3
Polarcollision

So I'm still looking for someone to sell me a small baggie of freeze dried krill.

Also looking for blue clove polyps.

And LRS food

I have blue cloves. A ton of them. Think they can take 2-day shipping?

• Like 1

You don't understand. I would need a cake mixing thingee to make icing and cake. I'll get it, just not for my first class or two. I'm taking decorating up to gum paste flower level. so there is plenty of time. At least I stumbled upon a cake mix they like. Okay fine, I cheated on the cake mix too. It's a DECORATING CLASS. Pfffft.

You don't need much of a mixer for icing. You can always start with a cheater (small tub) of icing. I like the cream cheese and then add another thing of cream cheese and powdered sugar and voila! Icing. (Vanilla and almond are always great additions.)

• Like 1

You don't need much of a mixer for icing. You can always start with a cheater (small tub) of icing. I like the cream cheese and then add another thing of cream cheese and powdered sugar and voila! Icing. (Vanilla and almond are always great additions.)

The icing recipe they gave me was 1/2 pound crisco vegetable shortening, 1 pound sugar, vanilla essence and water to mix to the right consistency. This is used for the decoration and the icing so it is medium consistency. This is the tub I bought for class

704-680_L.jpg

It tastes very sugary, and is not "creamy" at all, instead it is a grainy sugar taste.

Now. I'm fine with using this for class. Because I don't have one of these:

M_KHM5APWH.jpg

How do you not know you have a STAND mixer in the closet!!! :blink:

mixer on that icing would be better as you smooth out the lard better....oh, and swap the vanilla for Almond extract. WAY better taste IMO

• Like 3

mixer on that icing would be better as you smooth out the lard better....oh, and swap the vanilla for Almond extract. WAY better taste IMO

Also, how do you know this much about icing? Are you also going to tell me you won the mid-atlantic cake competition like Evan did?

• Like 1

Rehype did a real nice job with the tank pics!

:wub: he did he did! I'm hoping he will come back. I'll have to offer some frag bait.

:D

• Like 1