Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

el fabuloso
"Like a virgin...hey! Shipped for the very first time!!" :rolleyes:

:lol:

Until you've packed and shipped your own corals, you're still a virgin. ;)

Also I don't understand why you're acclimating a dead fish. :mellow:

I'm acclimating a dead fish because that is what Live Aquaria asked me to do when I called them about the DOA. They said to acclimate 45 minutes and cross my fingers. (I crossed my toes too).

So then I had to call them back and it turned out they didn't cross THEIR fingers so the fish stayed. dead. I have a credit but who wants a credit! I want the fish.

:lol:

Until you've packed and shipped your own corals, you're still a virgin. ;)

Also I don't understand why you're acclimating a dead fish. :mellow:

Too true. Nothing frightens me more then boxing up a grand woth of discus and dropping them off at Fed ex.

I miss my yasha. :(

Did the mushroom eat the Yasha too?

The crappy pics continue.

And in this corner, we have Google and Chrome. Chrome has a big a$$ piece of poop hanging from his tush so this is the best pic I could get from my phone. Charlie is checking out the commotion looks like.

IMG_20120424_172516.jpg

Too true. Nothing frightens me more then boxing up a grand woth of discus and dropping them off at Fed ex.

Zeph, what dyu think about LiveAquaria's DOA acclimation requirement? You're like ordering every week from them. Also am about to post a review for Salt Critters, will send you a PM so you can add to it.

Thank you for visiting! I read your thread(s) for inspiration. Loved it when you fragged the powerhead to get clove polyps to grow, cried when that elephant ear ate your beautiful clownfish and others. I hope you visit again.

I think I'm liking the media rack! :) As for LA, :ninja:

I'm nervous though. Some people swear by LA's quarantine methods, say you can be assured the fish are clean without diseases and can safely put them in the tank. Anyone have any experience to the contrary?

I got my last fish on Mar 5 so the biofilter has had a chance to catch up.

No way can anyone say that ALL LA fish are clean and free of disease. I have been purchasing from them since they were called Flying fish express, if any of you guys remember them!!! LA is awesome, and always my first choice, but you can never be 100% sure. I went through so many powder blue tangs before I got a clean one that was eating.

PS. Sorry my mailbox is full i know.

Zeph, what dyu think about LiveAquaria's DOA acclimation requirement? You're like ordering every week from them. Also am about to post a review for Salt Critters, will send you a PM so you can add to it.

They just started that fairly recently.. I think it is a necessary business strategy for a business of their size, as silly as it sounds. A stressed or cold fish might look dead to some. They would be much wiser in requiring photographic proof of doa's. which they dont. Go figure

Recieved from saltcritters today and am VERY IMPRESSED!!!!!!! More later i guess.

I still haven't taken any decent FTS (would help if I changed my macro lens to a regular one) but I've been re-arranging rockwork, corals, gluing down frags over the last 2 days. So here is a picture update (still have a LOT of work to do especially to reach my goal of a nearly clear front sandbed:

IMG_4288.JPG

IMG_4289.JPG

IMG_4290.JPG

IMG_4291.JPG

Edited by metrokat
altolamprologus
None of you have ordered a fish from LA?

I ordered a divers den coral not too long ago. Found out the hard and expensive way they photoshop. Go figure.They also overcharge like crazy. Like adding $20 to the price of a $40 fish. Then you pay shipping.

Looks like you need to stop buying frags and just let everything grow! Your tank looks packed.

edit: I see your black sun is doing well :) How long have you had it now?

Edited by altolamprologus

Black sun grew 2 new mouths, possibly 3. Have had it since Dec 4th 2011.

Yes it does look packed but it is not. My rock is very colorful which makes it seem I have a lot more than I do

Most of the corals on the frag rack will exit the tank soon. What I wanted to keep is already glued down.

I ordered from LA and the only thing that didn't make it was my candy cane. I have a credit for that but I don't have enough to place another order right now. Have you ever ordered from PYA?