ReefCleaners.org

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Basically, Kat loves shoes, fashion, cheesecake, cake in general, and reefing. Shoes are her true love. She finds a pair she likes, boom - avatar. Why does anyone pick their avatar as it is? Because they like it :)

• Like 1

Sharkie didn't make it. :(

Sorry :(

I had the same fear with my mp40 and my kole tang. The tang was small enough to go inside the mp40 to pick at algae so I never turned the thing off/on automatically for fear of hurting the fish.

Sorry :(

I had the same fear with my mp40 and my kole tang. The tang was small enough to go inside the mp40 to pick at algae so I never turned the thing off/on automatically for fear of hurting the fish.

Thanks Indy. :(

How is the tank? Feeding those corals well?

• Like 1

Thanks Indy. :(

How is the tank? Feeding those corals well?

Yup. Things are getting better. Thanks for asking. Most of my corals that were looking rough are encrusting over lost tissue. The only exception is my lovely red planet colony. The STN has not stopped, but it is going very, very slowly. I just fragged and glued it down again so I am hoping it will recover. the small frags of it that I have made are encrusting and looking healthy but I'm not sure what is wrong with the larger colony.

My wife says I have to wait until after the honeymoon to get new corals :angry:

I like these the best Kat THose are special cupcakes. They kinda have a "New York" look about them

IMG_9447.jpg

in my head, this comment was backed my cool jazz

also ninja edit: totally wasn't hating on the shoes, btw

Sorry about your tailspot Kat. :( Mine has stopped going into pumps for the time being but he scares the hell out of me and I can't turn anything on until I find him.

Thanks Mark. :( I used to be always careful about him. In fact the night before this happened, the tank was already in sunset mode, I couldn't see him and I assumed he was in the MP 10 so I made sure to leave the pump off. The next morning after lights were on I see him perching about the tank, he had vacated the MP10. I turned it on, it is a blue box and there is a few seconds delay before it starts spinning. He jumps into the MP10 at the very last second before the blades start. I shut it off immediately, in fact I make sure to have my finger on the on/off just for this reason. But even that split second was enough. I broke him. :(

Kat, my condolences on your fishy. I just lost my 2-year-old YCG, Cosmo, to my new Resun-4000 powerhead as well. I came back to find him sucked inside and partially grinded - he either perched on the vents and got sucked in accidently, or might have been trying to sleep on the powerhead since he usually does that with my previous smaller-vented powerhead. It is horrible to lose a fish this way, and I feel your loss. Really sorry. :(