Top Shelf Aquatics

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Nice. My zoa garden wont look as good as yours but I am planning blue hornets,sunny D's,scrambled eggs,radioactive dragon eyes and eagle eyes.

Blue hornets were such little bitches for me. Grow, melt back, grow, melt back. Red's were easy though.

Rastas are a very pretty zoa. Some of my other favorites are emeralds on fire, clementines, mandarins, red hornets, spidermans, fruit loops, pink hippos.

I really been digging Ring of Fires:

ringoffirezoas_25485.jpg

• Like 7

Love that acro!! Stunning.

Thank you!

Nice. My zoa garden wont look as good as yours but I am planning blue hornets,sunny D's,scrambled eggs,radioactive dragon eyes and eagle eyes.

Wait till it fills in, it will look fabulous.

• Like 1

Has anybody used Seachem Reef Status Magnesium kit which says:

Tests for carbonate alkalinity, borate alkalintiy and total alkalinity in 0.1 meq/L resolution through a titration based procedure. The kit resolves borate from carbonate and, along with magnesium, this presents a clear picture of the tank's buffering capacity as well as a very reliable determination of the critical carbonate content required for coral and coraline growth. Each kits can perform 75 determinations for each test.

Blue hornets were such little bitches for me. Grow, melt back, grow, melt back. Red's were easy though.

I really been digging Ring of Fires:

ringoffirezoas_25485.jpg

I've seen some of those recently sold as Alpha Omegas.

• Like 1

Yeah those ROF colors look more vibrant than usual.

What is the recommended lighting for them. Mine are at bottom but looked washed out even under actinics.

I've seen some of those recently sold as Alpha Omegas.

Those are the exact ones I have. I bought a frag from that colony pictured I mean. They are really cool! The middles look like daisy's. :wub:

Yeah those ROF colors look more vibrant than usual.

What is the recommended lighting for them. Mine are at bottom but looked washed out even under actinics.

I have mine towards the bottom under t5's but recently added LED's as well. So far they have held color.

Those are nice!

You need some! and I need everything on your list :lol:

• Like 1

How long have you been feeding that nls stuff Kat?

Is it liquid phyto?

It is a new product, they launched it a couple of months ago. It is a very fine powder, about the size of larvae first food. Perfect for SPS. A little goes a long way. I can mail you a little baggie to try if you like.
  • Like 1
It is a new product, they launched it a couple of months ago. It is a very fine powder, about the size of larvae first food. Perfect for SPS. A little goes a long way. I can mail you a little baggie to try if you like.

Yea! I've been looking for something to supplement my zeo stuff. Just something to do once a week. No increase in po4? How often you using it?

Yea! I've been looking for something to supplement my zeo stuff. Just something to do once a week. No increase in po4? How often you using it?
PM me your addy. As for phosphates, I have plwnty but they are in balance with everything I have going on. Haven't measured for spikes after feeding this food because I don't feed this food everyday or by itself all the time. I feed my tank at least once a day, rotating between over 20 foods. Most are coral foods and I do mean coral foods, with only 3 or 4 fish foods. It's a lot of food. :)

First cat is an Abyssinian cat. Coat color is called blueShe was staring down the other one for coming into "HER" area of the house.
Wow. Do you have more pictures of her?

I do not have a good picture of her. Most are crappy cell phone pics. Last night I pulled out my real camera to tank some tank pictures and she always helps me out perched on my salt bucket I also use as a seat.

• Like 1

Haha, I love this practical and funny. I might actually get my closet cleaned with this chart. :)

I was considering printing it up and posting it on the closets as a constant reminder. If I followed it I'd really have a bare closet! I used ot have a rule, buy one new thing, throw out 2 old. Not sure why I stopped.