Top Shelf Aquatics

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Looks pretty good to me. I might try a bag. I really like Red Sea blue bucket but my back can't handle the weight of the bucket. ... and this is me being cautious, I don't have regular back pain unless I lift something like, say, a heavy bucket. :)

The koralia nano in the fuge was covered in a dense algae forest. Soaked it overnight in vinegar and scrubbed. Cleaned the skimmer cup. At some point I have to take the sump offline, clean out the overflow and U tube. And I've been putting it off because the whole plumbing this is a chore. The connection from the overflow box to the sump has been gathering salt creep so I'm taking this to mean there is a leak or something. That means I need to change the tubing. Considering going with the flexible hose this time, not sure though.

It is still extremely difficult to reach into the back of the sump for any kind of cleaning and maintenance. Tibbets was considering a roll out sump and I advised against it because of weight considerations. The cabinet is particle board. I'm not sure how it supports this tank TBH, but adding something that will severely put pressure on the side panels is a scary proposition. But I wonder if I could get a riser that essentially extends the cabinet base; and then put a rolling tray or a board with casters or something under the sump to roll it out to the extended base cabinet.....

• Like 1

So I don't know where I was going with this video. Originally it was to get a good look at the return pump chamber at the back of the fuge because I can't physically see it otherwise. But then I found Sam's sleeping spot so that was cool. I'm not sure why it look slike I have a clean fuge because it's terribly cruddy but anyway.

FUGE VIDEO.

Yup, that Crocea had severe pinched mantle disease and it's more happy as a clam in a low flow fuge undisturbed by fish or crabs. She gets strong light and phytochrome. I hope she stays healthy.