Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Back to plumbing parts. This here is a true union inline strainer. Anybody use this?

21129p.jpg

I am not seeing the point of one on a reef tank, what were you thinking of for its use?

It would kinda be a PITA to clean and if you didn't clean frequently could potentially catch some big chunks to rot in it.

• Like 1

I am not seeing the point of one on a reef tank, what were you thinking of for its use?

I'm permanently plumbing challenged after I had plumbing parts fall down on my head in Home Depot.

I have no idea what to do with that part. It looks nice though.

• Like 1

I'm permanently plumbing challenged after I had plumbing parts fall down on my head in Home Depot.

I have no idea what to do with that part. It looks nice though.

lol well they have unions without the strainer that would more suit your needs. Benefit of them is nothing is permanent so if you have an issue or have to move the tank you don't have to cut out the plumbing.

heres one without the strainer

611942092253lg.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you. My frag swap haul was more than I was intending, and it is always nice to meet new people, connect with the old. I took my nephew with me, he was carrying all the corals for me. Very carefully. :)

JBB finally sent back my modded mini t5 light. Might throw that on the pico.

That the 4 bulb T5? Such a great idea :)

Also, my zoas are pissed again.

They usually have a swap in End Nov/December. Details haven't been posted yet.

I bet she's saying look at all that crud on the glass.The whole tank is literally peppered with coraline.

Back to plumbing parts. This here is a true union inline strainer. Anybody use this?

21129p.jpg

That strainer has FLOOD written all over it

• Like 4

The almost October FTS. Shit, it's almost October?! :o

I put the magnet cleaner front and center especially for papa Veng.

20140928_165102.jpg

Looking goooooood. Glad to see your tank is still in such great shape. Did I miss anything exciting?

They usually have a swap in End Nov/December. Details haven't been posted yet.I bet she's saying look at all that crud on the glass.The whole tank is literally peppered with coraline.Back to plumbing parts. This here is a true union inline strainer. Anybody use this?21129p.jpg
Lmao inline strainer you're funny. Don't over think the plumbing. People worry to much about plumbing a reef tank it's easy. Plenty of people here to help you avoid any disasters and tell you what thingy ma bob to buy and glue.

That strainer has FLOOD written all over it
Inline screen with a clear housing in a lighted sump. You're crazy thinking that would get clogged :lol:
  • Like 1

Lmao inline strainer you're funny. Don't over think the plumbing. People worry to much about plumbing a reef tank it's easy. Plenty of people here to help you avoid any disasters and tell you what thingy ma bob to buy and glue.

Inline screen with a clear housing in a lighted sump. You're crazy thinking that would get clogged :lol:

I'm building a manifold. In my head anyway.

:closedeyes:

• Like 1

I'm building a manifold. In my head anyway.

:closedeyes:

I wish we could buy solenoid actuated stuff for pvc manifolds and run everything off programs from our controllers... really what I am saying is I need to buy a computer based plc and make my own controller. It would end up costing 10x the price of a big tank system though with the way I would want it set up... oh well I can dream.

I wish we could buy solenoid actuated stuff for pvc manifolds and run everything off programs from our controllers... really what I am saying is I need to buy a computer based plc and make my own controller. It would end up costing 10x the price of a big tank system though with the way I would want it set up... oh well I can dream.
:huh:

:huh:

Think automated everything, controlled from your computer... written in a nice simple plc language. There was a guy who set up a budget plc system for his tank on here somewhere. The price he states doesn't include all the amazing hardware that goes into the actual controls though...

You're not helping, except when I yell at you. Schedule 40 and Schedule 80. Pffft.

Build the manifold and paint all the T's a different color, and apply bedazzling.

• Like 1

Nope nope nope

Drains one color

Returns another color

Maybe red and white. Maybe sch 80 and red......

208338-schedule80pipered-a.jpg

It only bothers me that the fittings don't come in red do they, not that I have been able to find atleast.