Cultivated Reef

TinyGiant's GU10 LED 55G In-Wall

TinyGiant

another video of my tank.. this is from the front (living room side).

i will have a video of the other side up in a minute.

you can see my new gorgs :)

ordered 10 more of the GU10 Epistar bulbs last night. going to replace some of the bulbs on this the tank with some of the epistars since they run a deeper blue

seems whatever i kicked up from doing the last water change/substrate syphon finally burned off. the corals didnt look so hot for a few days but now everything is happy and open. I'll probably take the time to razor the glass tomorrow and try to get some new pictures now that i have the sea fans in there :P

added another Pom Pom crab today and an atlantic purple porcelain crab :)

got the pom for free and the porcelain for $4 Gotta love the local LFS (well sorta local 1.5hrs) lol.. but he delivered it to my house :)

• 2 weeks later...

lol i've fragged so much in the last couple days that i am completely burnt out on fragging. Still have like another 20 plugs to go until I am finally finished.

i fragged about 75 yesterday have been just chipping away at it as i walk by the tank. I need to make bigger rag racks downstairs i've run out of room.. have about 160 frags down there right now.

andrewguilfoy

160 frags!! wow. This tank looks awesome!

This might have been answered.. out of curiosity, why do some of the pictures have a black background on the tank and some you can see through it? Was the light just out in the other room?

yeah i try to wait until night to take pictures. I think taking pics with the other room visible is distracting.

*update

Today i switched out 10 of my Blue bulbs with the new Epistar Gu10s. the tank is POPPING! the color difference is quite noticeable. I was impressed with the epistar ones on the 33L and had to have them on the 55

i did a really thorough cleaning last night. Razored the whole tank, I hope to take a ton of pictures today. my thought is to have a picture of every colony in the tank in its current state to be able to show at the T frag farmers market on the 10th :)

i have older pictures on y reef catalog of almost everything but figured it would be nice for an update. It takes forever though to get a picture of every inhabitant :( we'll see how ambitious I feel today.

• 2 weeks later...

the wife shot some sweet fast motion videos yesterday of the tank

check out these videos

All my fish in fast motion

Clowns in fast motion

Dendro in fast motion

Pajama Cardinal in Fast motion

Feather Duster in Fast Motion

Hello!

What a greayt tank, your aquascaping is greayt.

I have also read trough the whole 60 pages gu10 led built that you done, and i have decided to give these cheap gu10 a try. I have a question: the seller that you linked to for the gu10 have two kind of blue color in the listings, the one you linked to is labeled blue 460-470 but i also find a blue one with the same seller that is labeld Royal blue 460? Have you tried them both, or is it probably the same leds?

jnad

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

just gave the tank a thorough cleaning. once everything settles I'm going to snap some pics for some updated! its been a while!

5/30/12

7299646792_ccfae8a5ff_o.jpg

pink and golds with eagle eyes

7299648666_1eee7f57d8_o.jpg

Miami hurricanes with hawaiin starbursts

7299648462_fee82486e9_o.jpg

Zoa Garden

7299648146_206f13f310_o.jpg

Chalice

7299647720_b989904b2f_o.jpg

tyree long tentacle toadstool

7299647374_cbe307a01c_o.jpg

left side shot

7299647088_155ea4445d_o.jpg

Top Right Column

7299646484_401462f9bb_o.jpg

Bottom left column. (RDE + paly rock for sale)

7299646094_743f58f403_o.jpg

RDE

7299645818_db1e7b8923_o.jpg

Totally beautiful tank !!!! I would enjoy it so much more if it didn't give me a bad case of TANK ENVY.

I strive to someday be in your class,maybe when the kids are older,I'm not working 68-70hrs a week,or I get a clue but some day........I hope

Thanks for the inspiration.

thegambler26

Super awesome! Not having read the whole thread, you might have said this. What's on the opposite side of the wall? A spare room or hallway? I've always wanted to do an in wall tank or use a tank as a room divider!

• 3 months later...