ReefCleaners.org

I fed my 46 gallon Reef Roids 2 days ago and left the skimmer off until yesterday evening. This morning it was already 3/4 full of good brown gunk. Normally it will fill up after a roids feeding and this tells me the roids stayed in the water column for 2 days until I skimmed it out. That's pretty cool and probably means I should start turning the skimmer off more often.

This is a mediocre eshopps psk100 (I think) HOB skimmer.

TheKleinReef

I fed my 46 gallon Reef Roids 2 days ago and left the skimmer off until yesterday evening. This morning it was already 3/4 full of good brown gunk. Normally it will fill up after a roids feeding and this tells me the roids stayed in the water column for 2 days until I skimmed it out. That's pretty cool and probably means I should start turning the skimmer off more often.

This is a mediocre eshopps psk100 (I think) HOB skimmer.

looks like i need to grab some reef roids!

I've been hoping I can get a sample of reef roids some day. From what I gather, it has the same stuff as reef chili has (what I use), right?

TheKleinReef

I've been hoping I can get a sample of reef roids some day. From what I gather, it has the same stuff as reef chili has (what I use), right?

i feel reef chili, but it doesn't seem like it does anything special.

TheKleinReef

after reading about bartlett anthia aggression, i'm gonna avoid getting anthias.

now i'm down to:

leopard wrasse trio

5-6 Ocrestriped Cardinals: http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+26+3235&pcatid=3235

5-6 yellow striped cardinals: http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+26+1431&pcatid=1431

or something really cool, like a golden dwarf moray ;) hahah maybe in the next tank.

Ark PM me your addy, I'll send you a little baggie

• Like 3
TheKleinReef

Once an addict, always an addict :happy:

Glad you're slowly getting into the sticks again :)

Looks good.

My heart will always have a place for colorful sticks. Even my parents miss the SPS. Gonna snap some pics now.

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

Getting really good polyp extension on that new coral!

it took 24H for other SPS to start STN'ing and this new colony shows no signs. crossing my fingers for long term success!

asked my parents for their feeding regimen in full detail here it is:

phyto: 1 tbsp everyday

azox: 4 squirts (pump bottle) every other day

CV: 4 drops every other day.

reef feenzy: 3 drops/globs every other day, alternating with azox & CV

cyclopeeze: daily

• Like 1