inTank Media Baskets

TheKleinReef

Wow is it for a competition... One of my friends is training for iron man in Florida

yep. collegiate track and field.

man the ironman, that's a whole 'nother monster. one i will never try to tackle haha

TheKleinReef

everything looks soooooo freaking good. pics soon!

i actually have corraline algae. i haven't had that growing consistently since the 29G. :D

the anemones are a deep deep red and very beautiful.

the test acro is branching out wonderfully.

i. am. happy. :)

• Like 3
TheKleinReef
TheKleinReef

That's great Roger, glad it's turning around for ya

I told my tank care takers to keep doing exactly what they're doing. Cause it's working perfectly. Hahah my novice parents are doing a better job than me, probably cause they're not over thinking it.

• Like 1

I told my tank care takers to keep doing exactly what they're doing. Cause it's working perfectly. Hahah my novice parents are doing a better job than me, probably cause they're not over thinking it.

Haha, your probably right. It's cut and dry for them, just do what's on the list :P

TheKleinReef

Haha, your probably right. It's cut and dry for them, just do what's on the list :P

i asked what they were doing they just said they're feeding the tanks everyday. i told them to keep doing that.

some of the STNing sps in the frag tank actually stopped necrosing and re-encrusted over their skeleton. the most noticable being the redplanet. i left a small frag leaning against the frag rack just hoping it'll live and it encrusted to the frag rack! :D hahah unfortunately i can't move it around but in time i should be able to frag off pieces, or break the whole colony from the rack. but for right now i'm just gonna let it be. :P

on a side note.

this tank does however need some more fish. would adding a few anthias to the tank be a bad idea? would i have to worry about agression from the tang and angel? i'd rather have a small school of anthias than the tang and clown.

it also needs new bulbs.

chadf recommends: 3 blue+, 2 coral+, 1 KZ Fiji purple

asureef recommended: 3x ATI blue plus, 1x ATI true actinic, 1x ATI coral pro, 1x KZ fiji purple

and i've heard 3 blue+, 3 coral+ too

thoughts?

I'm glad things are looking up here! Finally!

Anthias need to be feed 2-3 times a day. I've never owned any, so you might want to ask around about them. I would suggest more wrasses! :)

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

I'm glad things are looking up here! Finally!

Anthias need to be feed 2-3 times a day. I've never owned any, so you might want to ask around about them. I would suggest more wrasses! :)

i was thinking about getting the apex feeder. assuming i can get them on pellets.

as for wrasses, i'd like at least 3 more fish (more if i remove the tang and angel). will that many wrasses get along. plus there's the whole jumping issue... i like not having a screen.

jedimasterben

this tank does however need some more fish. would adding a few anthias to the tank be a bad idea? would i have to worry about agression from the tang and angel? i'd rather have a small school of anthias than the tang and clown.

Fish don't really care about other fish unless they are similar in shape and size. There are generally few exceptions to that (other than small territorial spats, etc).

it also needs new bulbs.

chadf recommends: 3 blue+, 2 coral+, 1 KZ Fiji purple

asureef recommended: 3x ATI blue plus, 1x ATI true actinic, 1x ATI coral pro, 1x KZ fiji purple

and i've heard 3 blue+, 3 coral+ too

thoughts?

Fiji purple and ATI Purple Plus are almost identical, the KZ bulb has less blue (specifically 450-480nm) and more green, the red is the same. People will tell you all day that the measly amount of green will make all the difference, but it's a moot point from people that just like to argue lol.

How blue do you want it? If you like a crisp white with a blue tone, 3x Coral Plus, 3x Blue Plus, swapping in a Purple Plus for a Coral Plus if you don't get the reds in some SPS to come out as vibrant as they "should". If you prefer a more blue light, swap one Coral Plus for a True Actinic instead of a Purple Plus. These bulbs are very dim, so they won't add a lot of visible whiteish light, so the blue will stand out more. For REALLY blue, 3x Blue Plus, 2x True Actinic, 1x Coral Plus, will give some wicked fluorescence, but non-fluorescent colors may not look all that great.

Also, not sure what the 'ATI Coral pro' is. They used to sell a bulb called Pro Color, which was intense red light, very little blue, gave a weird look to tanks and didn't sell well so they cut that one out.

TheKleinReef

Fish don't really care about other fish unless they are similar in shape and size. There are generally few exceptions to that (other than small territorial spats, etc).

Fiji purple and ATI Purple Plus are almost identical, the KZ bulb has less blue (specifically 450-480nm) and more green, the red is the same. People will tell you all day that the measly amount of green will make all the difference, but it's a moot point from people that just like to argue lol.

How blue do you want it? If you like a crisp white with a blue tone, 3x Coral Plus, 3x Blue Plus, swapping in a Purple Plus for a Coral Plus if you don't get the reds in some SPS to come out as vibrant as they "should". If you prefer a more blue light, swap one Coral Plus for a True Actinic instead of a Purple Plus. These bulbs are very dim, so they won't add a lot of visible whiteish light, so the blue will stand out more. For REALLY blue, 3x Blue Plus, 2x True Actinic, 1x Coral Plus, will give some wicked fluorescence, but non-fluorescent colors may not look all that great.

Also, not sure what the 'ATI Coral pro' is. They used to sell a bulb called Pro Color, which was intense red light, very little blue, gave a weird look to tanks and didn't sell well so they cut that one out.

the coral pro was probably just a mixup, i did the same thing before. i think he meant coral+

i don't want it too white, but i'd like to avoid the icy look i have currently with 4 blue+ 1 coral+ 1 purple+. a natural looking combo that will still provide good color is ultimately what i'm looking for.

TheKleinReef

What mode do you have your MP10s set to and what percentage? I have been playing around with mine and am not sure what I like best.

i have them (2) on lagoonal at like 90%. i need 1 more mp10 so i can successfully use them all. using 3 i found that half the tank was getting blasted while the other half wasn't

I have the actinic bulb/ The most useless bulb I've ever seen. And I don't even speak Kelvin.

that's why i left the kelvin talk out. i know it'll bug ben. hahah

just want something warm, natural, and good color producing.

i was thinking about getting the apex feeder. assuming i can get them on pellets.

as for wrasses, i'd like at least 3 more fish (more if i remove the tang and angel). will that many wrasses get along. plus there's the whole jumping issue... i like not having a screen.

Ya well, if you don't want a screen, I wouldn't tempt fate with any wrasse. My solon fairy and yellow coris wrasses hit the screen top weekly.

If you can get the anthers feeding on the pellets with the AFS, that would be ideal. They are nice fish.