inTank Media Baskets

TheKleinReef

Oh no! Sorry to hear that Roger. I hope you can make a comeback.

Not likely. I'm not there to do anything, and the parents aren't going to do much either.

The only survivors are the LPS and the katropora. Hopefully I can find someone to take it/save it.

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

nooooooooooooooooo. don't break it down. can it be solved with a few water changes???

I'm sure it can. Will they do them though.... probably not.

I think turning the dosser off since nothing is growing and 3 20% water changes per week with a bacteria boost could solve it. but I don't see them doing that

Mr. Microscope

Not likely. I'm not there to do anything, and the parents aren't going to do much either.

The only survivors are the LPS and the katropora. Hopefully I can find someone to take it/save it.

Ouch. If it makes you feel any better, the Kat you gave me it finally starting to take off.

TheKleinReef

Ouch. If it makes you feel any better, the Kat you gave me it finally starting to take off.

well if the kat starts to go down hill, would you mind taking the colony? I don't want to lose it.

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

well if the kat starts to go down hill, would you mind taking the colony? I don't want to lose it.

No problem! Just give me a heads-up if you need help. You can have it back too if it holds and you're somehow able to reboot.
TheKleinReef

No problem! Just give me a heads-up if you need help. You can have it back too if it holds and you're somehow able to reboot.

I'll let you know. Thanks man.

Sorry, hopefully stopping the dosing will help get it back to stable.

I think that was the initial wound to the tank... one step too far an boom it was all downhill

Sorry to hear, Roger. :(

Gonna try to convince the parents to keep it going. not sure how successful I'll be

• Like 1

KH drops generally don't do as much harm as things stop growing as it falls, it's the spikes that can kill damn near anything. Regardless, hopefully it settles down. Need a remote KH tester.

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

KH drops generally don't do as much harm as things stop growing as it falls, it's the spikes that can kill damn near anything. Regardless, hopefully it settles down. Need a remote KH tester.

It was a spike that did it. went from 8.0 to 12

TheKleinReef

Crap....I have kept up with all 139 pages. What an incredible tank you have.

Sorry to hear Roger, a real shame :(.

O no, that's terrible! I am really sorry to hear this.

Thanks guys.

I'll keep you posted.

dont give up. ask your parents to do a couple of water changes. it probably looks worse on camera. when are you coming back?

I gave them a little plan. Hopefully they do it. I won't be back until Christmas probably....

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

If they can get it to stop crashing and be stable again, it can be rebuilt. Sucks to lose so many colonies but hopefully it is better than it looks on camera. :grouphug:

I don't think it is

teenyreef

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about this, Roger. :grouphug:

I know you're feeling pessimistic but I still hope it will pull through!

• Like 1

That is some sad reading, and i realy hope to see the tank come back, but omg all the corals growing we seen on youtube and in all the pages on here.

I realy hope you save the last corals but what a sad time for reefing.