Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Clyde needs a bigger home. The more I see him in there the sadder I get. He used to be so wittle.

They both exploded with growth. But they're too close together. I may end up moving one (if I can).

move it to my tank =P

how's your flame angel with nipping?

move it to my tank =P

how's your flame angel with nipping?

If you want Clyde you can have him. No joke.

Flame is probably a nipper but as the corals grow there's more and more to nip on so its getting less and less harmful.

If you want Clyde you can have him. No joke.

Flame is probably a nipper but as the corals grow there's more and more to nip on so its getting less and less harmful.

haha, i meant the corals. but just kiddin about that.

good to know about the flame. i want one so i will wait till my corals get bigger before getting one. would hate for it to destroy a frag

What happened to the stag??

it got moved down since my parents are ​ridiculously against fragging, they decided to just move the entire colony itself...

Great shot- caps still steal the show for me

yeah, that bold red needs some competition. hah

• Like 1

it got moved down since my parents are ​ridiculously against fragging, they decided to just move the entire colony itself...

yeah, that bold red needs some competition. hah

Good for them. I did the same with my slimer, gained a few months of growth but it also spread out more. I'm not sure what I'm going to do when it hits the water line, I hate to cut the tips and ruin the natural look of it.

FTS is awesome, perhaps better than the last one. The cap is positioned perfectly to steal the show.

So you've got flow, like 27 pumps on there, and yet the acros are extending big like they lack flow. It must be the Sponge Power (dosed daily, right)? I noticed my blue stag went a little crazy if I dosed daily.

yep:

KZ Sponge Power: 3 drops per day

My thoughts on the tang ... is he riding up and down the glass? That would be a stress reaction, otherwise if cruising around he probably just needs something to much on. My yellow does not use the entire tank and can hang in a small area all day, especially since I grow a lot of algae on the back wall and rocks for him to much on. Perhaps just a change in feeding, like strips of nori or something, would help.

• Like 1

Mark - in lieu of cutting tips, I have always fragged the taller branches at the joint. The joint heals over quickly and grows another branch like nothing ever happened. I do this slowly, like one branch every few weeks so as not to disturb the appearance of the colony too much.

• Like 1

How many heads would you say the frogspawn behind the plate coral is?

Your reef really has great color all throughout. Its almost like it was planned before anything was put in. You don't have too much of one color, and the corals really contrast against each other. Each one looks fantastic. Its like looking at artwork.

• Like 1

Good for them. I did the same with my slimer, gained a few months of growth but it also spread out more. I'm not sure what I'm going to do when it hits the water line, I hate to cut the tips and ruin the natural look of it.

FTS is awesome, perhaps better than the last one. The cap is positioned perfectly to steal the show.

So you've got flow, like 27 pumps on there, and yet the acros are extending big like they lack flow. It must be the Sponge Power (dosed daily, right)? I noticed my blue stag went a little crazy if I dosed daily.

yep:

My thoughts on the tang ... is he riding up and down the glass? That would be a stress reaction, otherwise if cruising around he probably just needs something to much on. My yellow does not use the entire tank and can hang in a small area all day, especially since I grow a lot of algae on the back wall and rocks for him to much on. Perhaps just a change in feeding, like strips of nori or something, would help.

The tang needs a new home. But I can't even convince my parents to frag corals let alone catch a fish. Haha but those 4 mp10s are on 70% power and the flow is pretty decent. Any more and sand is blowing and LPS shrink. :( I'll have to play with it when I'm home.

Mark - in lieu of cutting tips, I have always fragged the taller branches at the joint. The joint heals over quickly and grows another branch like nothing ever happened. I do this slowly, like one branch every few weeks so as not to disturb the appearance of the colony too much.

Luckily I have a few more inches before I have to worry about that. Phew

How many heads would you say the frogspawn behind the plate coral is?

Your reef really has great color all throughout. Its almost like it was planned before anything was put in. You don't have too much of one color, and the corals really contrast against each other. Each one looks fantastic. Its like looking at artwork.

The purple coral right behind the plate is a hammer coral. Probably around 50 heads or so. I might frag that beast, but it's just beautiful. It's funny that you mention color placement, cause I don't really pay too much attention to it. Maybe I'm naturally good at placing them, or just super lucky. :D

• Like 2

I'm going to have the opportunity and time to frag some corals when I'm home. Everything aside from the kat is fair game, I'll have to check with Kat on the waitlist. But some of the others I'd be willing to trade/sell.

Frags of Teal Stag

ORA Tricolor (not too many frags maybe 1-2)

ORA Hawkins (Not too many frags maybe 1-2)

Green birdsnest

Hurlock Acro

Mandarin Setosa

Red Monti

Purple Monti

Green/purple Montipora

Purple Hammer

Green Frogspawn

Torch

Zoas

I also might be able to get some rose bubble tip anemones out of the tank. maybe 2 or 3.

I won't be home until the 18th, but if you want anything PM me and I'll get a list started.

(12/8/15 edit):

Update list of what's available:

ORA Hawkins (Not too many frags maybe 1-2)

Green birdsnest

Hurlock Acro

Mandarin Setosa

Red Monti

Purple Monti

Green/purple Montipora

Purple Hammer

Green Frogspawn

Torch

Zoas

• Like 1