Pod Your Reef

Roger did you check potassium to see if thats whats causing this problem?

i did. it was within target range at 390ppm. (i usually dose it once a week and i dosed today after the test) i try to keep it at 400ppm

left 4 acros in the 65 just to see what happends. (i have multiples of these in the frag tank so why not?)

1 is STNing

2 show no signs of STN

1 looks like it was STNing but stopped. (STN'd area looks dark, almost LR color)

i hope a few big water changes will help. i'd rather not sell all my acros off. i'd like to move them in the 65

Like a jawbreaker? And the bounce shroom?

oompas

hornets

fruit loops

sunny D's

scrambled eggs

stratospheres

seductions

?

i've never been big in the zoa/paly/shroom game so i don't know what most of those are. but i do now jawbreakers and no i will not get any of those. i'm not a fan.

But the more i look at the little nanobox tank the more i'd want something a tad bigger. i'd love to get a peninsula tank. maybe the mr aqua 12L or a generic 20L. but if the price is right, i'm gonna jump on the little pico. :P

I'm having a hard time following this thread :)

The display tank is 65 gallons?

How large is the frag tank?

Are they plumbed together?

Where are you maintaining your alk currently?

What is the lighting on the display and frag tank?

Did the stn coincide with any changes in lighting?

Looking at your video, your SPS look very "thin skinned" It looks like they lack fluorescence, slime coat, and polyp extension which are all indicators of a healthy coral. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this :)

• Like 1

I'm having a hard time following this thread :)

The display tank is 65 gallons?

How large is the frag tank?

Are they plumbed together?

Where are you maintaining your alk currently?

What is the lighting on the display and frag tank?

Did the stn coincide with any changes in lighting?

Looking at your video, your SPS look very "thin skinned" It looks like they lack fluorescence, slime coat, and polyp extension which are all indicators of a healthy coral. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this :)

Display and frag tank (55g) are seperate systems.

Display tank alk was at 7.7 but then I brought it up to 9.0 when I took the acros out. Frag tank alk is 7.3 and has been there since it started.

I did switch from led to t5 when upgrading.

Halides on the frag tank (2x250w).

I agree with the thin skin. The frag tank corals slime up much more than the display tank sps.

Roger you're still losing me here :) I need detailed info on each system to offer a possible solution. This thread is 41 pages and the first post isn't updated to your current system. You would be doing yourself a favor to update to what you have running currently in your first post. I'm sure others can chime in as well but don't have time to go through this thread.

Roger you're still losing me here :) I need detailed info on each system to offer a possible solution. This thread is 41 pages and the first post isn't updated to your current system. You would be doing yourself a favor to update to what you have running currently in your first post. I'm sure others can chime in as well but don't have time to go through this thread.

both are up to date except for parameters/dosing/lighting.

he's the difference:

polyp extension is so good in this tank... i'm truly wondering why my display tank and frag tank behave in two very different manners...

specs of each:

display:

65 g

2 vortech mp10wes

asm g-1 skimmer

1" miracle mud

ball of caulerpa

GHL doser dosing alk 4x/day, ca 4x/day, mg 1x/week

feed daily

ati 6x39 (max is 4 bulbs) (that's outta date) currently running 6 for 2 hour peak

5 fish 1 shrimp

frag tank

50g 12" tall

2 koralia 1000gph

reef dynamics ins-80 skimmer

LR in sump

GHL doser alk 4x/day, ca 4x/day mg 1x/week

2x250W 14K halides

corals rarely fed.

3 fish 1 shrimp