Top Shelf Aquatics

i can never tell if your "wow"s are sarcastic or not loll

:angry:

That wow was for the light.

put before and after photos for color progression next time.

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

Could be. :) You tried feeding the corals at night yet? This seemed to jump the health of my corals over a two day period, but I'm recovering from a flatworm toxin incident so it's hard to say.

I usually feed at night. Unless I'm bored and feel like feeding lol

TheKleinReef

Dates help, like so

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/289493-kats-tank-birthday-party/page-620#entry4522488

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/289493-kats-tank-birthday-party/page-442#entry4314130

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/289493-kats-tank-birthday-party/page-661#entry4591692

It's for your own record keeping and help to see how the tank progresses with each change you make.

Also, I posted some feeding pictures on my thread. Don't have a heart attack.

TheKleinReef

well, in a week we'll find out if my care sheet i left for my parents was good enough. :unsure:

i broke it down by day and time to dose/feed etc.

then even wrote down warning signs if corals are stressed/dying.

i really wish i could have gotten it all figured out before i left for school. ah well.

Did you get a REEF CAM ?

Can't tell you everything but at very least it can tell you if there is still water in the tank , LOL.

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

Did you get a REEF CAM ?

Can't tell you everything but at very least it can tell you if there is still water in the tank , LOL.

i was actually looking at a webcam the other day! but with two tanks to watch, it'd be excessive to get two. :P

i was actually looking at a webcam the other day! but with two tanks to watch, it'd be excessive to get two. :P

Roger,

You only need one cam, get a remote movable cam and you can swing it around to look at the entire room (both tanks are in the same room right?) :)

11806665285_e699973458.jpg
TheKleinReef

Roger,

You only need one cam, get a remote movable cam and you can swing it around to look at the entire room (both tanks are in the same room right?) :)

11806665285_e699973458.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/D-Link-Wireless-Surveillance-mydlink-Enabled-DCS-5020L/dp/B00CL8F98W/ref=lp_898406_1_6?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1389045767&sr=1-6

Unfortunately no. They're on two different floors of my house. :/

Hey we had a power outage out here in the western burbs for 2 hrs. Might wanna check in ....

Parents didn't text me. And my Apex didn't email me. Hmmm I'll check in now. Thanks!

TheKleinReef

doser is gonna be here friday :D

can't wait to set it up. it'll be where my ATO reservoir is, one floor underneath my tank. from what i've heard this shouldn't be a problem. of course i'll have to calibrate the pump and check on the peristaltic tubes consistently.

any advice to keep the risk down?

• Like 1

Went home for a few minutes on my way back to school from my internship. When i walked in the door i saw my dad happily turing the skimmer off with the apex and dosing the zeovit CV and SP. I think i may have corrupted my parents ;)

Everything looked good. The gold torch looked a tad stressed, it released some of its zooxanthellae. By the time i left it looked okay. SPS looked okay as well. the slimer hasn't lost any more tissue. Unfortunately my pink stag fell behind the rocks and i lost some tissue on that one. :/ also, my urchin decided to walk around the tank with Kat's Nasuta. I was not happy about that. haha

On a side note the doser, vessels, tubing, and vertex mag hoder came. I'm planning on setting it up this weekend for my parents. Having the tank auto-dosed will take an enormous amount of stress off my parents, and probably the corals as well. stay tuned for an update! :)

• Like 2

Currently dosing 20mL alk, 20mL Ca, 10mL Mag per day.
i'll upload a pic of the dosing regimen upon request

Keep an eye on your mag., for my tank I hardly ever have to dose mag. even 5ml a week is too much.