Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Thought you would understand this ;)

Favorite lyric from that song:

All these things will catch up to you

And time can heal this wound

So if you're comin' my way, just don't.

OOOOOOH. That was my favorite for a while.

• Like 1

I don't Know if it's just me or what, but my tank looks a lot clearer on the live stream. I'm pretty sure vinegar dosing is like 15 mL per day. I told my parents to boosted up to 25 today.

Link to the live stream?

What camera do you have? I forget :)

PS. Should I be splitting up the vinegar dosing? Or just add the 25ml all at once like I've been doing. What should I do as it gets higher?

Dose it at 5ml increments IMO.

• Like 1

Dose it at 5ml increments IMO.

Meaning 5ml each time? Or increase by 5ml?

Cause doing the first would mean having them add dosing points which I don't believe they know how to do. Might have to walk them through it.

• Like 1

Meaning 5ml each time? Or increase by 5ml?

Cause doing the first would mean having them add dosing points which I don't believe they know how to do. Might have to walk them through it.

5ml each time for whatever total you want. Vinegar will lower PH so bolus dosing is not recommended but some people do it without any issues.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Vinegar will lower PH

If his tank were a pico reef, then yes, that is true. For something in the 60-70 gallon total volume range, 25mL will have, realistically, no measurable effect. Per Randy Holmes-Farley, one mL of vinegar per actual gallon of water will generally lower the pH by 0.3 units. When the acetate in the vinegar is oxidized, CO2 and OH- are released and carbonate and pH actually rise slightly. http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-03/rhf/#recommend

• Like 3

Had a dream everything STN'd and I had to pull all the coral out. I hate tank nightmares. :(

Yup, had a nightmare i had flatworms last week.

A few days later I dreamt that I was trying to take family pictures on a sofa, the family was the maricultured corals in the tub. And a certain teenager kept trying to sit on the couch with us. :rolleyes:

Nightmares!

• Like 1
ninjamyst, on 06 Feb 2016 - 08:26 AM, said:

that's the worst

your lights are on early! what's your schedule?

7:00-7:30 1 blue+ 1 actinic

7:30-8:00 2 blue+, 1 coral+, 1 purple+

8:00-19:00 3 blue+ 1 coral+, 1 purple+, 1 actinic

19:00-19:30 2 blue+, 1 coral+, 1 purple+

19:30-20:00 1 blue+ 1 actinic

Yup, had a nightmare i had flatworms last week.

A few days later I dreamt that I was trying to take family pictures on a sofa, the family was the maricultured corals in the tub. And a certain teenager kept trying to sit on the couch with us. :rolleyes:

Nightmares!

Sounds terrible. haha

• Like 2

What isn't? But if it means being able to keep a fish tank for 400 days, and getting some much needed craving taken care of.

I'm not sure it'd be worth it. Too much going on right now, and on such a low income because of school I don't think it would alleviate any stress, but rather induce it.

• Like 2