ReefCleaners.org

Sk8n Reefer

Very nice ? Acros doing great . Elegance looks happy. Is that a pink or rainbow stylo- love the shape they grow . Nice FTS. It's like Christmas with Dropbox ?

TheKleinReef

Very nice ? Acros doing great . Elegance looks happy. Is that a pink or rainbow stylo- love the shape they grow . Nice FTS. It's like Christmas with Dropbox ?

It's an ORA purple stylophora.

My mom picked that one. She's got good taste in coral aside from her like of Xenia.

• Like 3
TheKleinReef

Can't believe how well the slimer is doing. It's been so long since I've gotten that to grow consistently for me. During my whole upgrade and following months, it would grow and STN at the same time. Now it's probably the fastest growing sps i have. I may have to move the green slimer to the back so it doesn't block the corals behind it.

• Like 2
TheKleinReef

I have no idea how i only just noticed this, but all the GSP is gone off the overflow box.....

wat?

anyways, parents updated me

ca: 425

alk: 6.7 (upped the doser a smidge)

blues also look a tad pale, upped the Potassium Idodide to see if that helps.

I'm trying that because of this: http://reefbuilders.com/2008/09/03/guide-of-sps-coral-coloration-make-them-more-vivid-bright/

worth a shot.

Mr. Microscope

How's the fauxkins, saramentosa, bbg milli, and palmer's blue doing for you?

tis a shame.

not really much i can do though. :(

Oh! It's working now!
TheKleinReef

How's the fauxkins, saramentosa, bbg milli, and palmer's blue doing for you?

Oh! It's working now!

The saramentosa peeks out from the middle rock, so I assume it's doing well. And i had the palmer'smounted my the setosa, but it's hard to tell from the webcam angle if it's doing well. aside from that i have no idea, my parents don't give me updates on those. The fact that a few were on the frag rack worries me too, because the urchin will come and pick them off and drop them everywhere, and i have no idea if my parents are picking them back up and/or mounting them. i kinda want to make a trip home soon to see for myself.

• Like 2
Mr. Microscope

The saramentosa peeks out from the middle rock, so I assume it's doing well. And i had the palmer'smounted my the setosa, but it's hard to tell from the webcam angle if it's doing well. aside from that i have no idea, my parents don't give me updates on those. The fact that a few were on the frag rack worries me too, because the urchin will come and pick them off and drop them everywhere, and i have no idea if my parents are picking them back up and/or mounting them. i kinda want to make a trip home soon to see for myself.

Cool. I hope they're doing well. The hurlock is still trucking along and looking awesome.
TheKleinReef

Species tank ? that'd be sick- one SPS type for the whole tank!

It's something I've always wanted to do.

I may do a millepora only tank and name it "The Milleporium" But I like the slimer more. Lol

• Like 2
TheKleinReef

Thanks guys. I put in the request for pics of every coral. Should get that soon.
All: 6.7
Ca: 390
Mg: 1280

Everything is low. Bumping up the Doser. Man, I'm dosing a lot. Part of me wishes there was a better solution. (My vote is for a Ca reactor) but I do how that would fly with the rents).

Also, the Doser has been getting clogged. I told the rents to make sure everything is clean around the pumps and the tubes aren't compromised. They should be able to tell if something is wrong, they're both engineers. Hah

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

alk: 7.2

ca: 410

mg: 1200 (was manually dosed today)

But i like these numbers better.

the fact that i'm now dosing 60 mL makes me nervous. So much Na being added to the tank, hopefully the 10G WCs will keep that in check.

TheKleinReef

Saturday will be my first race in a year. After takin some time off, nearly destroying my hip, starting from scratch, and rebuilding.... I am back.

3000m steeplechase with some DI runners should be tons of fun. It'll be my first steeplechase ever too. Haha

• Like 3