Pod Your Reef

TheKleinReef

Your urchin looks HUGE!

oh it is. I named him bulldozer, for obvious reasons. :P

Nice elegance, everything looks to be doing great in the FTS. Whats the sps next to the kat on the left?

I believe it's a teal formosa.

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

Sorry about the clam!

Thanks. That makes the fifth one that's bjt the dust.

3 of the 5 made it past 1.5 years too. Ugh.

I think it was something to do with the upgrade.

My clams were fine before I upgraded. Then rapidly digressed afterwards. Kind of a shame. Too bad I wasn't home to inspect for pests. I can't do much from out here, unfortunately.

Clam died.

I've lost too many of them. I think I'm done wth clams. I have no idea what happens. They just digress in a matter of weeks.

Yeah, I've never had good luck with clams either. I mean, I have two, but one looks like butt. The other ones appears healthy but gets mad once in awhile and looks like it has PM and then is healthy again in a few days. I've never kept a maxima for longer an 8 months - not sure why.

TheKleinReef

Yeah, I've never had good luck with clams either. I mean, I have two, but one looks like butt. The other ones appears healthy but gets mad once in awhile and looks like it has PM and then is healthy again in a few days. I've never kept a maxima for longer an 8 months - not sure why.

What makes me mad is that I had some long term success. But it was like dominos. After the gold maxima went south it triggered the others to as well.

TheKleinReef

Sometimes I struggle planning on what I want for my dream build, then I relaize: I have the sump, return pump, doser, ATO. I do think my next build will be the DSA NEO 105. That tank's dimensions are glorious.

• Like 1

Sometimes I struggle planning on what I want for my dream build, then I relaize: I have the sump, return pump, doser, ATO. I do think my next build will be the DSA NEO 105. That tank's dimensions are glorious.

The 105 is really nice , I almost went with that instead of the 65 but my light coming from Dave wouldn't work for it .

TheKleinReef

The 105 is really nice , I almost went with that instead of the 65 but my light coming from Dave wouldn't work for it .

I'd probably go with a ATI 8x54 W but get a retro from Dave, as I like the look of the ATI fixture better than his custom ones.

I'd probably go with a ATI 8x54 W but get a retro from Dave, as I like the look of the ATI fixture better than his custom ones.

Even the new ones ? They are way better than the previous design, but yeah the ATI over the 105 would be sick.

TheKleinReef

Even the new ones ? They are way better than the previous design, but yeah the ATI over the 105 would be sick.

Yeah, the new ones are cool, but something about the sleek look of the ATI fixture just puts it over the top for me.

TheKleinReef

New FTS looks good. That fat tang is my favorite. The Kat will need fragging when you're home :)

Sorry about the clam darling. :(

I dk when I'll be home next. Itmight be long enough where I can make a handful of frags.
  • Like 2