SaltCritters.com

TheKleinReef

anyone know why the dosing line from the GHL would somehow disconnect. apparently, the tank didn't get dosed alk for anywhere from 8-12 hours (which is 2-3 doses or 21mL) so things got pretty pissed. luckily my mom noticed. she fixed the dosing line, tested alk (6.0dkH) and brought it slowly back to 7.5dkH.

fyi: doser or dosing line didn't rupture, it just disconnected.

man, my parents are getting good at this reefing thing :)

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

Lol it happens...good thing she caught it. I put a zip tie around my tubing so that this never happens. It could have just slipped out.

it's weird because the little nipples that hold the dosing line make for an extremely tight fit. it takes a lot of force to put the dosing line on and take it off.

it's weird because the little nipples that hold the dosing line make for an extremely tight fit. it takes a lot of force to put the dosing line on and take it off.

lines dry up and they won't fit as tightly after a while. My mame tubes are about to be replaced because of this here in the next few months. Still tight enough for now but they are easier and easier to slip off.

TheKleinReef

lines dry up and they won't fit as tightly after a while. My mame tubes are about to be replaced because of this here in the next few months. Still tight enough for now but they are easier and easier to slip off.

good to know! after forcing them on, i never thought i'd have a problem. but i guess i was wrong there.

• Like 1

anyone know why the dosing line from the GHL would somehow disconnect. apparently, the tank didn't get dosed alk for anywhere from 8-12 hours (which is 2-3 doses or 21mL) so things got pretty pissed. luckily my mom noticed. she fixed the dosing line, tested alk (6.0dkH) and brought it slowly back to 7.5dkH.

fyi: doser or dosing line didn't rupture, it just disconnected.

man, my parents are getting good at this reefing thing :)

Invest in some good silicone tubing, it's all I use now, the stuff is amazing. Costs a bit more but it lasts a long time and can be sterilized without issue.

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

Invest in some good silicone tubing, it's all I use now, the stuff is amazing. Costs a bit more but it lasts a long time and can be sterilized without issue.

it's not the dosing line. it's the tubing from the pump itself. unless i can exchange that with silicon tubing as well.

• Like 1

it's not the dosing line. it's the tubing from the pump itself. unless i can exchange that with silicon tubing as well.

Oh, I have not had this problem with my Profilux, in fact I can never get them off when I need to. I would not change out the tubing unless you use the stuff made for the GHL. If you decided to I would call Aqua Digital first.

TheKleinReef

Oh, I have not had this problem with my Profilux, in fact I can never get them off when I need to. I would not change out the tubing unless you use the stuff made for the GHL. If you decided to I would call Aqua Digital first.

that's what i thought! i cold never get that stuff off, but apparently it's not ruptured or anything it just stretched out. so i looked it up, some people are zip tying around it. i though i'd give that a try before buying a new tube.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

The folks are doing well!

extremely! they're actually getting cyano, so i told them to cut back on feedings a tad or pick up some coral snow. lol but regardless. they are doing great. on a side note i have 5 anemones now. hahah :)

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

if i didn't have a lightly used reef dynamics INS-80 sitting in my empty fish room i'd totally jump on the Vertex 180i deal at BRS.

D:

side note, 25 days until i see my tank! :D

courtesy of my parents, sorry for potato quality.

notice the growth on the setosa :D

that coral is seriously becoming one of my favorites.

• Like 2

The mag 7 is gonna need s replacement soon. It's failed to start up again twice in the last 2 days during feed cycles.

Any body have any recommendations?

I just got a sicce syncra 3.0 on sale at BRS for a great price to replace my mag7.

• Like 1

I just got a sicce syncra 3.0 on sale at BRS for a great price to replace my mag7.

I've read good things about those too. And I have a sicce for mixing salt. That pump is a monster and very quiet.

My LFS has started carrying sicce so I might have to get it from there. I'm not sure how long I can delay the pump replacement. The mag could fail again any day. :o