Innovative Marine Aquariums

Since you have a chiller and automation I would slowly lower the tank temp to the mid 70's, then go even lower in the winter. Not sure why more people don't use temperature to kill things, especially when most if not all tank like can do fine at the lower temperatures. Red bugs are supposed to be killed at 70F and the colder the temps the slower the bugs get.

I had little non red bugs (brown spider like) on a few acros, but once I lowered the temperature to hit 77 at night they seemed to have vanished. /shrug

• Like 1

I've always had a few of them out and about. But when I get PE like this:

19611210354_cbe55ef12b_b.jpgORA A. Valida by Roger Klein, on Flickr

i really could care less.

Thanks Arce.

I agree man. I prolly had MEN and AEFW for a longggg time now that i look back. But most of my sps were still healthy and had great color and growth. The decline of my tank was just when i didnt keep up with maintaining it.

• Like 2

A wrasse would like eating bugs.

I've been thinking about getting one, but my parents hate covers. I was also thinking about getting some dragon face pipefish.

Since you have a chiller and automation I would slowly lower the tank temp to the mid 70's, then go even lower in the winter. Not sure why more people don't use temperature to kill things, especially when most if not all tank like can do fine at the lower temperatures. Red bugs are supposed to be killed at 70F and the colder the temps the slower the bugs get.

I had little non red bugs (brown spider like) on a few acros, but once I lowered the temperature to hit 77 at night they seemed to have vanished. /shrug

The easy thing about that, is I can do that from Boise. I can't really does the tank with medication while I'm away, but I can meddle with the temperature from here
  • Like 1

:blush: - I'm glad you're in a good place. Now tell me about PTA school.

Pipefish are high maintenance with their food requirements.

I've been thinking about getting one, but my parents hate covers. I was also thinking about getting some dragon face pipefish.

:blush: - I'm glad you're in a good place. Now tell me about PTA school.

Pipefish are high maintenance with their food requirements.

PTA school is good. Got a 100% on my first anatomy and physiology quiz so that's a great start!

I know pipefish are tricky, but with the variety I'm already feeding the tank, training them will be the only tricky part really.