Cultivated Reef

OH A DIRTY TANK!!!! WELCOME TO THE CLUB!

i feel like there's way more wiggle room with more nutrients in the water.. sure corals may not be the mot colorful, but the system itself is more healthy. i'd rather have a healthy system than gamble with creating perfect conditions for perfect color. :)

i feel like there's way more wiggle room with more nutrients in the water.. sure corals may not be the mot colorful, but the system itself is more healthy. i'd rather have a healthy system than gamble with creating perfect conditions for perfect color. :)

The fishy part of me takes umbrage at this comment. My overly dirty tank has immensely colorful corals. :slap:

The fishy part of me takes umbrage at this comment. My overly dirty tank has immensely colorful corals. :slap:

you know what i mean! :P

a tad more nutrients gives you a system that has more wiggle room to produce beautiful coral.

Ahhh Ok, what's sucking so much K from your system? Always figured with regular water changes K should be fine if you're not running a Zeo system.

not sure, but weekly consumption is about 10ppm.

the tank is curretly stocked with a lot of acropora.

and with water changes i'll never be able to keep it at 410 because my salt mix (aquavitro salinity) mixes at 370-390.

Tanks still lookin great Roger, and man those BTAs are really taking over the right pillar. Love em :)

hopefully they stay put... haha one of the clowns is currently hosting the big two front and center. there's one on the side, and i think one on the back as well. i actually sold 2 a few months back as well. they love to split for me.

https://flic.kr/p/p1QGGY'>15105707976_17a8e38b24_c.jpghttps://flic.kr/p/p1QGGY'>FSH_0500 by https://www.flickr.com/people/127239994@N04/'>loraine_klein1, on Flickr

• Like 3

hopefully they stay put... haha one of the clowns is currently hosting the big two front and center. there's one on the side, and i think one on the back as well. i actually sold 2 a few months back as well. they love to split for me.

15105707976_17a8e38b24_c.jpgFSH_0500 by loraine_klein1, on Flickr

I remember that, would if lived to grab one but the tank wasn't quite nem ready, or big enough :o , but I'll just live vicariously through you for now ;)

It doesn't look that bad. I hope your clam pulls through. Mine looked like garbage for months after they were stressed from changing lights. They are looking good now. I hope yours comes around.

• Like 1

It doesn't look that bad. I hope your clam pulls through. Mine looked like garbage for months after they were stressed from changing lights. They are looking good now. I hope yours comes around.

from what my parents are telling me it extends its mantle out for a few hours then shuts. which from what i understand is good, it has the energy to close shut tightly versus being so week it gapes. i get weekly updates on the weekends, so i hope to see some progress.

• Like 1

from what my parents are telling me it extends its mantle out for a few hours then shuts. which from what i understand is good, it has the energy to close shut tightly versus being so week it gapes. i get weekly updates on the weekends, so i hope to see some progress.

Ya, I'm no clam expert but that sounds good. I guess we have to wait and see what happens.

• Like 1

Still palying catch up but damn things are looking great. Sorry to hear about the Maxima though.

Hit the one year mark and I ran into problems.

Good torch, gold maxima, both gone. :( my two favorites.

Thanks though. It took s while to get this tank rolling again. I FaceTimed my parents yesterday and the colors are very intense and growth is excellent. :)

• Like 1