Cultivated Reef

TheKleinReef

Lucky find :)

i lured it out with some silverside to see how big it was. it ended up being at least 8" long, 1" thick, and it wasn't even fully outta the rockwork. who knows how big it would be.

as bristle worms get bigger do they get pinchers, cause i dunno if i imagined it out of a weird fear or something ,but it definitely took a chunk out of the silverside.

TheKleinReef

New coral. I'm not big on all the common names for birdsnest color morphs but its green with purple poylps. super cool.

ECE256ED-38AF-4049-998F-A1F202873331-687

had 2 disatsers....

1. my purple deepwater fell into my frogspawn, half dead and it isn't looking too good.

2. one of my rocks fell and knocked 2 sps colonies from their encrusted spots.... luckily the colonies them selves were not damaged, nor was the tank. that could have been awful.

frekking bubble algae.... :/

• Like 2

smaller Maxima Clam update:

IMG_0840.jpg

Hey buddy. Playing catch up here, and you prolly know this by now, but this is a Crocea clam, not a maxima. ;). Everything looks great, keep up the good work.

TheKleinReef

Hey buddy. Playing catch up here, and you prolly know this by now, but this is a Crocea clam, not a maxima. ;). Everything looks great, keep up the good work.

haha, i totally forgot about re-labeling that. but i figured that out (: just shows how much of a n00b i was (and still am). hah

thanks though!

Nice tank! The birdsnest ur referring to above is Birds of Paradise.

thanks!

i can never remember the difference between the BOP and the ponape. is the ponape the browner stalks with purple polyp?

doppelganger

thanks!

i can never remember the difference between the BOP and the ponape. is the ponape the browner stalks with purple polyp?

ponape is green/yellow with more pink/purple tips. It's polyps are really short where the BOP has really fuzzy polyps

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

ponape is green/yellow with more pink/purple tips. It's polyps are really short where the BOP has really fuzzy polyps

Hmm. I haven't seen them around much... Might grab a frag so ill have 4 colors. Hah

• 4 weeks later...
TheKleinReef

Well if the rock its on is too big to transplant, You have to pry them off it using your fingers. It will be messy but its pretty much the only way I know.

TheKleinReef

Well if the rock its on is too big to transplant, You have to pry them off it using your fingers. It will be messy but its pretty much the only way I know.

It's not that the rock is too big... It's the main piece in my aquascape. I'd hate to mess it up. I'll try prying it off today since I just finished my junior year if college today. Woot woot.

IDK about your anemone question, but I do know I love your pictures with the DSLR. Lovely!

Thanks. I'm going to try an get some more this summer. I'll have a lot of time to practice.

• Like 2
TheKleinReef

I really like that your sump is on display. It is so honest! I love the colors in your DT. Gorgeous large corals. :wub:

hah thank you. i haven't added any new corals, (which needs to change :P) i've just been waiting for these to grow.

the pink birdsnest is getting abused, so it'll be moved to the frag tank.

my philosophy about reef keeping has 2 parts:

1. if your sump detracts from your display, then somethings wrong with your display.

2. you're more likely to maintain something you see on a consistent basis.

that being said, i kinda want a display fuge, but i'm not sure how that would go since i need to replace 1/2 the miracle mud every year....

meh, the caulpera is doing just dandy.

• Like 1