SaltCritters.com

TheKleinReef
Where are you at in il ?
NW suburbs

Happy New Year to everyone
Hanks Albert, likewise.

Whoaaa, that sure looks disgusting alright. Sorry to hear about the mefw.
Luckily they were just on that one coral. I haven't seen any other signs of them. Keeping my eyes open though.
  • 3 weeks later...

the brain coral is doing wonderful, i came home to see now big swirly gobs of awfulness on the tissue, and it also stopped sliming and colored up a tad.

since my last post i:

• cleaned ALL of the coralline off the back wall, i spent 45 minutes scraping and i had to run a filtersock to catch it all and dang there was a lot.
  • moved the arch on the top so the entire aqucasacpe is now centered in the tank, and makes scraping the walls a tad easier.
  • moved some coral around

plans:

• frag up that birdsnest cause its ridiculously large.
  • try and get some coral/clams off the sandbed
  • make the scape a little more spacious (haha that'll be tough)
  • find a home for twitch (or upgrade :P)
  • ATO
  • biopellet reactor

January FTS:

DSC00510_zps86a85ad0.jpg

Photo dump (camera sucks, these are the best i could get):

DSC00511_zps6e0f7dd0.jpg

DSC00512_zps6d54c1bf.jpg

DSC00513_zps290f0fed.jpg

This one (below) is recovering, i thought i lost it.

DSC00514_zpsd91024de.jpg

i'm not sure what to do with this. i love the tort, but the millepora base is WAY too close:

DSC00515_zps7a6e9680.jpg

DSC00516_zps0b3dc896.jpg

Looking good! I need to work up the drive to scrape my back wall.

thank you so much!

that's how it was for me. after a year of staring at an over-dominate back wall i finally worked up the energy to spend a half an hour scraping. and i love the way it looks now. purple is such a powerful color that it forces you to notice it more.

• 1 month later...

I love your tank it is so great I am even starting a 29 gallon as well! I have been watching your videos and looking at your threads and they are absolutely amazing packed with great information and help for the reef enthusiast. Can't wait for the next update, keep em up. And come check out my 8 gallon thread more pics will be up today. Thanks again for all you do!?

I love your tank it is so great I am even starting a 29 gallon as well! I have been watching your videos and looking at your threads and they are absolutely amazing packed with great information and help for the reef enthusiast. Can't wait for the next update, keep em up. And come check out my 8 gallon thread more pics will be up today. Thanks again for all you do!

thank you so much! :)

i have a video going up today i hope!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The new scape looks great! I just rescaped my tank as well. I love the two column design! I watched your videos on Youtube. Keep up the great work Roger! I hope my 29 Gallon will look as superb as yours does!!! :D

TheKleinReef

The new scape looks great! I just rescaped my tank as well. I love the two column design! I watched your videos on Youtube. Keep up the great work Roger! I hope my 29 Gallon will look as superb as yours does!!! :D

haha thanks! the new video i just put up goes through the whole scape design. i still need to glue some corals in place, but i ran outta glue :o hahah

Haha that happens to me too often, even though i have a small tank! lol Can't wait for future updates either! :P Check my thread out too, I will have some new pictures uploaded tomorrow since I haven't uploaded any in a while!

TheKleinReef

Its been 24 hours since the rescape and here's how everything has opened up so far. i need to move some SPS around, but i ran out of glue, so they're kinda scattered about...

B0BDD2C7-A54B-4EDF-A67F-5E4E39CB4C4B-174

and i'm so happy my anemone hasn't moved. I HATE that my gono encrusted on the rock, i might have to try and chisel it off in the anemone doesn't move. if not... it'll be survival of the fittest. :/ hopefully the nem moves somewhere else just not in the back. :o

577AD887-420A-4F55-AD8B-14C8EF4E1907-174

i never realized how beautiful it was until now...

16F327D4-DD97-4EE1-A1DE-F571BD97BEB5-174

hope you enjoyed the pics.

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

New scape = much mo betta!

thank you! just need to glue in some sps. i ran outta glue. <_<

Great rescape! And that BTA is a beaut (prephotoshop).

haha thanks! i can finally appreciate it, its been 48 hours and it hasn't moved so i'm hoping it doesn't go explorer mode on me :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...