inTank Media Baskets

How long have you had it? Have you opened it up to check if it just needs cleaning? Ecotech quality has diminished over the years, but that always comes with mass production. I hope you can get if running again soon, keep the LED's cool :)

TheKleinReef

How long have you had it? Have you opened it up to check if it just needs cleaning? Ecotech quality has diminished over the years, but that always comes with mass production. I hope you can get if running again soon, keep the LED's cool :)

I cleaned it out yesterday when I noticed the fan wasn't spinning. Still no luck. I have a fan blowing at it but I'm not sure how well that will work. I emailed ecotech but they said they'd only replace it under warranty and I don't even know if it is or not, or how to check.

This may be a sign to switch to t5! Lol

• Like 1

I think they offer one year warranty, I would go to their web site and confirm that. In order to have it fixed you would have to send it in, so no light for a week plus. Any fixture can break down, T5 or otherwise. I am looking at the ATI dimmable T5 6x24, German made, I think still, German designed at very least. T5 are making a huge comeback, I mean just about everyone I know is returning to T5 or hybrid fixtures now, me included. :)

TheKleinReef

I think they offer one year warranty, I would go to their web site and confirm that. In order to have it fixed you would have to send it in, so no light for a week plus. Any fixture can break down, T5 or otherwise. I am looking at the ATI dimmable T5 6x24, German made, I think still, German designed at very least. T5 are making a huge comeback, I mean just about everyone I know is returning to T5 or hybrid fixtures now, me included. :)

nah, if its still under warranty they send a new one to you, then you ship the broken one back in the same box. at least that's what the email said. i was looking into t5, but not the dimmable model. a few people steered me away from it, i can't remember why.

on a bright side: MY TANK IS HERE! ;D all the way from texas.. i hope it survived the ride

• Like 1

nah, if its still under warranty they send a new one to you, then you ship the broken one back in the same box. at least that's what the email said. i was looking into t5, but not the dimmable model. a few people steered me away from it, i can't remember why.

on a bright side: MY TANK IS HERE! ;D all the way from texas.. i hope it survived the ride

Sounds about right, but is it under warranty?

Dimming T5 is not recommended because it shifts the spectrums of the bulbs when they are run a lower power. I plan to only dim for 30 min ramp up/down blue channel only with the unit, and run all tubes at full power otherwise.

Pics when you receive the tank please :P

TheKleinReef

Sounds about right, but is it under warranty?

Dimming T5 is not recommended because it shifts the spectrums of the bulbs when they are run a lower power. I plan to only dim for 30 min ramp up/down blue channel only with the unit, and run all tubes at full power otherwise.

Pics when you receive the tank please :P

i don't know how to check if the light is still under warranty... i'll replay back to the ecotech email when i get home.

i wanna see this tank too! :naughtydance:

• Like 1
Real Reefer

Nice tank! Have you considered starting with fresh dry rock for this build?instead of using the liverock you have it's gunna be hard getting rid of all the apatasia even if you dipped the rock like crazy some will make it through.thats a nice new tank I think you would enjoy it even more being pest free.cant wait to see more of this build!

TheKleinReef

Nice tank! Have you considered starting with fresh dry rock for this build?instead of using the liverock you have it's gunna be hard getting rid of all the apatasia even if you dipped the rock like crazy some will make it through.thats a nice new tank I think you would enjoy it even more being pest free.cant wait to see more of this build!

I managed to get rid of most of it when I got rid of the Xenia but I plan on using the same rock. Sand on the other hand, I'm not sure

TheKleinReef

I want to try zeovit purely for the sake of naming this thread "Rogers Zeo Neo" haha but that's just not gonna happen.

Anyways. The stand is almost done. Just have to build the doors, stain the whole thing, then seal it. What sucks is I go back to college Friday. :/ I thought I could set this thing up before I left, but I procrastinated on the stand too long. Haha

Realistically, this should be set up by thanksgiving. I hope.

I like the second arrangement better. ATI Actinic has a strong 400-440nm range important for pigment excitation that the other ATI tubes seem to lack. The Blue Plus covers the 440-550nm range quite well.

I will be contemplating a 6 bulb ATI myself soon. I was thinking 2 True Actinic and 2 Blue Plus, then a Purple Plus and ____?____. I was thinking 2 TA and 2 BP might offer a nice spectral balance for corals but I have not seen what it would look like in person. Just a thought. Coral Plus and Purple plus are very similar in spectrum, both have 620nm spikes, so I'm thinking too much red spectrum combined for my taste.

I am looking forward to hearing what you think of the bulbs you choose once you have them over your reef.

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

I like the second arrangement better. ATI Actinic has a strong 400-440nm range important for pigment excitation that the other ATI tubes seem to lack. The Blue Plus covers the 440-550nm range quite well.

I will be contemplating a 6 bulb ATI myself soon. I was thinking 2 True Actinic and 2 Blue Plus, then a Purple Plus and ____?____. I was thinking 2 TA and 2 BP might offer a nice spectral balance for corals but I have not seen what it would look like in person. Just a thought. Coral Plus and Purple plus are very similar in spectrum, both have 620nm spikes, so I'm thinking too much red spectrum combined for my taste.

I am looking forward to hearing what you think of the bulbs you choose once you have them over your reef.

I'll probably tweak it around the first year or so to find the right convo for me just like the LED intensity. But I think I need to do more research in the bulbs and their spectrums.

• Like 2
TheKleinReef

Radion is getting repaired for freeee yay! but it's gonna be a fuge light. :)

and the ATI Sunpower should be here monday along with the bulbs. unfortunately i had my parents put in the order (because i had no internet at school for a bit) and i accidentally sent the wrong list of bulbs. FAIL. so i'm getting 4x ATI blue plus, 1x ATI coral pro, and 1x ATI purple plus. instead of what i listed before (3x blue plus, 1x purple plus, 1x true actinic, and 1x coral pro). ah well. it'll just be a tad whiter probably. i can tweak it later.

• Like 2
TheKleinReef

Wow - nice tank and upgrade !!! *** Following this build ***

Glad to have yah :D

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

I know! My parents will be staining and sealing the stand all week so I might be able to start plumbing this weekend :D