Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

TheKleinReef

Even with the AC on the tank for up to 82 degrees! Looks like I have to do some digging to find out why... I'm thinking the heaters. But the apex have them off at the moment.

Elegance is the only thing looking pissed so far.

jedimasterben

Gotta love Florida. I only run my heater a couple months in the winter. Tank stays around 77-78 rest of the year.

Yep, no chillers, no heaters, it's great :)

TheKleinReef

If your house temperature has not changed, then the tank hasn't changed unless you're pumping more heat into it.

well it's been fine the last month. but its already coming back down. i think it was a heater issue. gotta reset those.

TheKleinReef

temp is back down to 78 after readjusting the heaters. phew.

elegance looks better after a carbon change. it's usually the first thing to look mad when the carbon is expired.

new camera comes tomorrow, which means NEW PICS TOMORROW TOO! :D

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

Why did you have to adjust the heaters? I thought you had a controller.

i do, but they were set at 80. and by adjust i meant:

adjust the actual heater

adjust the apex programming

TheKleinReef

nudibranches came in today. i only received 9, so one must have melted on the way in.

4 are going in the frag tank

5 are going in the 65.

per acclimation instructions from salty underground, i put an aptasia in the acclimation bucket. within 10 minutes all 5 are nom-nomming away. hopefully these 5 can clean up the frag tank. i'll eventually have to move over the other 4 when i tear that tank down...

pics soon! i'm also recording a video for my youtube channel.

not the best pic. but pretty cool nonetheless

https://flic.kr/p/nKTukM'>14280147507_75affd6a8c_b.jpghttps://flic.kr/p/nKTukM'>berghias eating in acclimation by https://www.flickr.com/people//'>xMrKleinReef, on Flickr

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

That's a nudi woooow looks more like a cheerleader Pom Pom or a coral that's so sick.

there's 4 nudi's eating 1 aptasia. but yeah they're pretty cool! hopefully they can clean my tank up!

TheKleinReef

Roger, tank is looking fantastic and congrats on the podium!

Thank you very much!

it took a while, but this tank is back on grow-out mode. already seeing some good growth on the SPS. i'm gonna snap some pics later today.

• Like 2
jedimasterben

Probably not. Have you seen the horrific rock piles that people are still calling aquascapes?

"Oh, I don't know if 200lbs of rock is enough for my 75g tank, how does this look"

HG20021124-016.jpg

• Like 2
TheKleinReef

I thought a magician never revealed there secrets? Why the sudden re scape Roger?

i'm in love with the left half of the scape, but the middle arch and right side just don't fit. i didn't change much, but i think i'm just going to leave it.

pics soon.

Aquascaping is so tough! Since I come from planted tanks I put a lot of thought when I scape a tank. Reef tanks are different though, when everything grows out you won't even know what the original scape is :)

TheKleinReef

Aquascaping is so tough! Since I come from planted tanks I put a lot of thought when I scape a tank. Reef tanks are different though, when everything grows out you won't even know what the original scape is :)

that's true. all the stinging LPS make scaping ever harder.

that and i love open sandbeds, but the sand dwelling sps/clams kill that look.