Cultivated Reef

The Acan Club :P

Spencer7

I love Acans, they are my fav coral and I want to see others Acans :D Join the Club and let's see some pics! Bragging is expected lol! Frag selling/swapping/trading is part of the fun! Club sig coming soon for you guys! :lol:

Over 200 members! Join the fun!

21993908692_4dd1199cbb_b.jpg

My acans

22016483221_ded09464e7_b.jpg

ACAN ID Reference

Edited by Spencer7
  • Like 2

Coastie-

Wow, those guys r sick! My fav is the acan in the back middle of second pic touching gobies head, it reminds me of watermelon...

mmmm...

Edited by Spencer7
6187381262_7921f1ac15_z.jpg

Rehype, ur a boss dude! What kind of lights? Where did u get them? Where is ur house, must steal! ;)

IMG_2050.jpg

Interesting colors, i like the contrast that all the strips make...

Nice job! :D

The ones you like were my first acans, I've actually fragged them a few times. The far left ones on the island are my favorite. I'd be interested in doing a swap of a head or two of a few colors if anyone is interested? I need more blues/blacks/dark colors.

The ones you like were my first acans, I've actually fragged them a few times. The far left ones on the island are my favorite. I'd be interested in doing a swap of a head or two of a few colors if anyone is interested? I need more blues/blacks/dark colors.

I totally would for that watermelon piece or something else, but u saw my acans (not very dark)

How hard is fragging? Any quick tips?

I like Steely's scape, mines too 2-D ):

Edited by Spencer7

Hey coastie I live in Indiana but come to loiusville a lot pm me we could do some trades or you could sell me some coral

3627041[/url]']

Rehype, ur a boss dude! What kind of lights? Where did u get them? Where is ur house, must steal! ;)

Thanks spence! Those shots were taken with just the led and t5's on. I got them from a combination of my lfs,mr. Coral and some local reefers.

3627035[/url]']

IMG_2050.jpg

56bf5411.png

IMG_1402.jpg

Thats an incredible collection Dan.....

Thanks.

I think at the height of my collection I had around 25 different lords. When I had a tank transfer to a 150 that crashed I lost about half my collection including that larger purple colony. I still have quite a few that are doing well but I don't buy them anymore because I've kind of run out of room for new corals. My maroon clowns have been breeding so they kick up a ton of sand on them as well.

I may start a small tank just for my Acans though because I really enjoyed them. Maybe a 20H of just acans and LPS.

Edited by steely185
I totally would for that watermelon piece or something else, but u saw my acans (not very dark)

How hard is fragging? Any quick tips?

I like Steely's scape, mines too 2-D ):

Fragging is easy, pretty much just take a diamond wheel to them and dremel them, set em in some iodine mixed water and let them soak for a minute and voila, you're done. At least that's how I've done it in the past. Any heads you cut in half usually grow back.

"Can I join this club? I have wittle Acans. :("

Of course u can *Looks over at other members and rolls eyes*

Might be buying a mircomussa next week...

Edited by Spencer7