SaltCritters.com

From 46 bow to 25g Cube

andrewguilfoy

This tank is now in my garage. I'm weird. While I enjoyed it while it lasted, I decided on something smaller. Same equipment, just a different display. I kind of hated having the bow front downstairs. Fish tanks are such a comfort zone thing for me, and I wanted it to be in my bedroom and while I didn't have the space for the bow front in my room this week at my LFS I picked up a brand new Marineland 25 cube I'll update a thread link as soon as I get some pictures. I drilled it today.. Will paint tomorrow, and the stand arrives next week. I'm excited!

i had to move my fish tank into our spare room... it was getting in the way of school work.

read one page of bio book.... stare at tank for 5 minutes.... read second page.... look up and feed fish.... read another page.... then take pictures of corals. hahahhaah it didnt work out

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
andrewguilfoy
i had to move my fish tank into our spare room... it was getting in the way of school work.

read one page of bio book.... stare at tank for 5 minutes.... read second page.... look up and feed fish.... read another page.... then take pictures of corals. hahahhaah it didnt work out

haha I hear you. I finished a bachelors in an entirely different state, with a 17g mr. aqua. Still don't know how that happened.. Especially since I have terrible terrible ADHD.. Focus is a b!tch! :P

Damn! Too bad I am not closer to you or I would offer to buy the tank/stand/SUMP all from you and just do a complete transfer! LMAO

Okay so rename the thread and name it for your new tank. ;)

I have the same tank and my brace broke and I have not had any problems with mine. This was years ago

Yeah dont touch the brace, I went and researched it and if you take it out your basically waiting for the tank to fail.

I would put it higher, so when you have a cover on it there is no way for the fish to jump into it.

Nice overflow!

I have the same tank and my brace broke and I have not had any problems with mine. This was years ago

Dude just google removing center braces on Bowfronts.

Lots of Bad news, all the weight is on the front that brace is the backup/helper for the silicone. People have said that when the tank is full of water and they cut the brace the tank bows out another 1/2" or something of that sort.

NOT GOOD waiting on the front glass to fail.

Do some research, your lucky and it will fail one day. People say replacing them with a Plexi-Glass DIY braces works but I am not going to mess with the tank's integrity.

andrewguilfoy
Damn! Too bad I am not closer to you or I would offer to buy the tank/stand/SUMP all from you and just do a complete transfer! LMAO

Okay so rename the thread and name it for your new tank. ;)

Good idea, done and done. I would have sold it to you too. It's all drilled and shizz. Well if you're ever in NJ.. haha.

It would just make me nervous as hell.. as 46 bows go.. that tank has thin glass as it is. I think my new 25 cube has the same thickness. I never want to see my glass "moving" 1/2 inch out lol.. I'm not saying it will ;) I wouldn't listen to me i'm nuts. But if the tank does break you have to post pictures!

• 2 months later...
WoodRiverTroutBum

What a disappointment, I thought this was going to be a 25g cube build thread not a 46 bowfront build...

Any pics of the 25 when you had it running? I am curious what you did for a sump.

Archived