inTank Media Baskets

Exotic Wavelength LEDs in stock now!

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

**UPDATE** All exotics are not in stock and shipping daily, 60 degree, 120 degree, True Violet 420nm, Turquoise 495nm and Deep Red 660nm. All in stock

LEDGroupBuy.com Exotic line allows you to mix and match our exotic wavelengths to really make your corals "pop" in color

As you probably have heard, True Violets are going to add that extra spice to the color of your tank/corals that is missing.

What you probably haven’t heard is what the new Turquoise 495nm and 660nm red combinations can do for you.

Mixing 660nm Reds + 495 Turquoise + 455nm Royal Blue will give you a very white light but makes your coral colors really come out without darkening your tank.

exotic.jpg

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
Hey milad do you have any pictures with that color mix and an ideal ratio

Im going to try to get some pics up on these but im not a photographer and I have a feeling im going to have a hard time catching the "color".

Mixing 455nm Royal Blue, 660nm Red, 495nm Turquoise gets you a white light. So no basically no more dark tank and no more windexing your tank to get your oranges/reds to pop!

i'll be ordering a driver for my xml's later so i'll pick up 2x 660 and 2x 495's to mix in with my current set up. i've got 12rb, 6cw, 6nw, 10 tv and 2 moonlight. i'll drop out some of the tv to add the extra colors. i need to experiment some. hey are your drivers controllable via pwm? or does it have to be 0-10v?

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
i'll be ordering a driver for my xml's later so i'll pick up 2x 660 and 2x 495's to mix in with my current set up. i've got 12rb, 6cw, 6nw, 10 tv and 2 moonlight. i'll drop out some of the tv to add the extra colors. i need to experiment some. hey are your drivers controllable via pwm? or does it have to be 0-10v?

0-10v dimming

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
+1 on the pics needed. I thought people had already tried turqoise, is it the same as cyan?

No Cyan is 470-480

Turquoise is the 495nm - Its basically almost green but not green... Its right in the sweet spot for the Fluorescent pigmentation of the oranges/reds but it also turns Royal Blue and Red into white but still makes corals pop.

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

Here is a follow up on LEDGroupBuy Exotic LED line up.

I tried my best to get a good shot of the color but im no photographer! These are straight from the camera, no editing (other than cropping).

455nm (Royal Blue) + 495nm (Turquoise)

455-495.JPG

455nm (Royal Blue) + 660nm (Deep Red)

455-660.JPG.

495nm (Turquoise) + 660nm (Deep Red)

495-660.JPG

455nm (Royal Blue) + 495nm (Turquoise) + 660nm (Deep Red)

455-495-660.JPG

The 455nm + 495nm + 660nm looks purple/pink but its actually white when you are looking at it in person. The 495nm + 660nm looks white in the picture but its more yellow in person.

On the 3 color one, the top left corner is what it looks like in person, the white little area

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

Some FAQ:

Q: Are the 455nm, 495nm and 660nm together used as the main lighting?

A: No, we recommend that you stick to your basic 2:1 Ratio of RB to NW and if you want to add supplement lighting, you can use the 495nm and 660nm + the 420nm.

Q: What ratio should we be using of 495nm, 660nm, 455nm

A: Its currently experimental, we would probably recommend for every 660nm you use, add a 495nm next to it to offset the red so you do not get a dark tank. So 1:1 660nm to 495nm and however many 455nm you typically use.

Q: What colors will the LEDGroupBuy Exotic LED line up "pop"?

A:

420nm: Greens, Blues

495nm: Oranges, Dark Greens, Light Greens, Reds, Yellows

660nm: Red (Mainly for growth)

• 3 weeks later...
Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
Do you recommend running the Turquoise and Reds together on a dimmable driver?

Ideally they should be on separate drivers so you can fine tune it but they should be fine on one driver.

• 3 weeks later...
Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

Here are some words I keep hearing from people testing out the Turquoise LEDs.

"Orange colors came out of where I didn't even realize oranges existed."

Here are some words I keep hearing from people testing out the Turquoise LEDs.

"Orange colors came out of where I didn't even realize oranges existed."

+1

You should post a review of yours!

I will once it is all done. What I saw from my testing I really liked. Like the previous post said I saw oranges that I didnt even know I had

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
You said you'd add one turqoise for every deep red? and that if you use it you don't have to use cool blues?

Correct, the Turquoise seems to take care of what the cool blue was trying to do but better. It brings out oranges and then the deep red brings out the cyans. Both of them together with the 455nm give a white color out so you dont darken your tank or overwhelm it with a red light.

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
Hmm, i don't know if i would for-go the use of some cool blues though.....

We carry both and they are dirt cheap so giving them a try isnt a big deal.

Are there any benefits to the use of the exotic leds or is it just used to bring out the colors? I love the mix and the thought of adding this combo. I've been trying to read up on leds and plan on getting leds to replace the stock lighting in a 29 gal biocube. I'm leaning towards the ecoxotic pro, but after seeing these exotic colors it has me thinking outside the box.

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
Are there any benefits to the use of the exotic leds or is it just used to bring out the colors? I love the mix and the thought of adding this combo. I've been trying to read up on leds and plan on getting leds to replace the stock lighting in a 29 gal biocube. I'm leaning towards the ecoxotic pro, but after seeing these exotic colors it has me thinking outside the box.

The 420nm and 660nm both are there to provide growth. most people are usimg these to bring out color that a regular nw/rb combo cant achieve.

Archived