Pod Your Reef

Ok Another build - this time for sump

Trogdor447

I need some help on light placement.. Ray threw in a few extra LED's.. I had a plan but now with all the extras i dont know what to do omgomgomg ... This is going on my sump :)

The clusters have 2 4500s, 1 RB, 1 Red, 1 Violet, 1 pink -

80 Degree Optics - I think this will also be somewhat of a frag tank as well - should be good enough in the middle w/ these lights to grow some corals!

Total of 12 LED's looks pretty sweet - I also have put some small arms on it to prevent it from going in my sump :)

finished.png

led2.png

led3.png

lightkit.png

projectbox.png

projectbox2.png

Are you planning on growing macro or acro in the sump? :lol:

Very nice! B)

:) Well I figured wtf - why buy some cheap light when i can order something that can second as a frag holding station as well! Also this will keep fish and other critters from bugging the frags

action.png

action2.png

That was drastically more GREEN in my DT.. however the colors are pretty accurate otherwise - thats a penny macro off johny..

take note of the chaeto in the bottom right.. maybe 3 golf ball size about a week ago

kitontank.png

now.. even the little sprouts on the floor are an inch long :)

chaeto.png

action.png

action2.png

That was drastically more GREEN in my DT.. however the colors are pretty accurate otherwise - thats a penny macro off johny..

take note of the chaeto in the bottom right.. maybe 3 golf ball size about a week ago

kitontank.png

now.. even the little sprouts on the floor are an inch long :)

chaeto.png

nice

how does the light do in more of a humide area? Worried about condensation and open wires.

I'm not that worried about it down in the sump - Although I probably should be - however nothing is dripping wet and moisture buildup is not on the light - no salt creep or anything like that in a week

today.png

Here is a 24 hour bump from that last chaeto growth.. this is getting rediculous...

Lights just went out before i got the pic - i can take a better one in the morning but this is like marshmellow man multiplying

Nice growth. At this rate that sump will be full in a month.

thanks i just broke it apart and tore it into more clumps - I may have to rethink using it as a frag station with this much growth on the darned chaeto

Edit moar pics chaeto growth as of thismorning - broke apart

chaeto12711.png

Someone asked for macro pic

macro.png

What are your parameters testing at? I only ask because such fast growth would normally indicate that there are tons of nutrients in your system fueling the chaetos growth.

What are your parameters testing at? I only ask because such fast growth would normally indicate that there are tons of nutrients in your system fueling the chaetos growth.

I'll get some params for you - brand new water RODI mixed - about 2 weeks ago - topped off about 10 gallons have done 5 gallon w/c on the in between time - Got a skimmer now as well

Archived