SaltCritters.com

Need help on ways to sneak hermits into plane!

SWAG

I lived in Hawaii for 5 years and read about many people getting caught for stuff like this in the news. You should know:

Section 188-31, Hawaii Revised Statutes, is amended to read as follows:

No person shall take aquatic life for aquarium purposes for aquarium purposes without an aquarium fish permit.

"Aquatic life" means any type or species of mammal, fish, amphibian, reptile, mollusk, crustacean, arthropod, invertebrate, coral, or other animal that inhabits the freshwater or marine environment and includes any part, product, egg, or offspring thereof; or freshwater or marine plants, including seeds, roots, products, and other parts thereof;

(e) Any person violating this section or any rule adopted pursuant to this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and:

(1) For a first offense, shall be fined not more than $1,000 or thirty days imprisonment, or both;

(2) For a second offense within five years of a previous violation, shall be fined not more than $2,000 or sixty days imprisonment, or both; and

(3) For a third or subsequent violation within five years of a previous violation, shall be fined not more than $3,000 or ninety days imprisonment, or both.

(f) In addition to any other penalty imposed under this section, a person violating this section shall be subject to:

(1) An administrative fine of not more than $1,000 for each aquatic life specimen sold;

(2) Seizure and forfeiture of any taken aquatic life specimens, commercial marine license, vessel, and equipment; and

(3) Assessment of administrative fees and costs and attorney's fees and costs.

http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/session2011/bills/SB580_.htm

Not worth it IMO but be sure to stuff as many as you can in your ass and good luck with that.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheUnfocusedOne
Not worth it IMO but be sure to stuff as many as you can in your ass and good luck with that.

Make the most of it.

Fill dat ass.

Wedging as many of those things up there will certainly get you ready for your possible life in prison. Win win imo. Looking forward to seeing this in the bizzare news thread.

I lived in Hawaii for 5 years and read about many people getting caught for stuff like this in the news. You should know:

http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/session2011/bills/SB580_.htm

+1. I lived in Hawaii as well, they are super strict. What you are doing is very risky....lol. Goodluck!

Let me know if the up your ass hermit crab thing worked for you. If it did, I can hook you up with some dudes who can help you make a lot of $$$.

Seriously, I wouldn't risk it.

lol to be honest.... throw them in a baggie with papertowels and put them in a little tuberware bowl with lid. put hand warmer and put like 1oz of water just so its real moist in their... put it in your check bag.... whenever i have been to florida thats how i bring back my corals

lol to be honest.... throw them in a baggie with papertowels and put them in a little tuberware bowl with lid. put hand warmer and put like 1oz of water just so its real moist in their... put it in your check bag.... whenever i have been to florida thats how i bring back my corals

Flying back from Florida you don't have to go through a USDA checkpoint in the airport. Flying back from Hawaii you do.

The most they can do is take the hermits away and let me go,they won't arrest a 16 year old for taking hermits into a plane.

It's not like I'm taking coral,theyre crabs,they're everywhere.

The most they can do is take the hermits away and let me go,they won't arrest a 16 year old for taking hermits into a plane.

Definitely not true. Hawaii is insanely strict about these types of things. You need to go through several search areas as well. (Agriculture search I think and then TSA) My boyfriend is from Hawaii and he says if you're caught you'll either get arrested or a 10k fine.

put them in a baggie up your butt, it would totally work.

i was just gonna say rectally. you should use a ridged tube type container. gatorade bottle imo.

also, your dumb as just put in writing that you planned to break the law.

HAha, SWAG I hope you're just joking about this stuff... 'Cause I was. Seriously you'll probably die if you put hermits up your bum. Besides, packing them the wrong way is a great way to kill livestock really quickly.

Also, don't try to hide them. That's when you get in real trouble.

You didn't mention it, but I assumed that you bought the livestock and could provide a receipt. If you collected them, and you don't have a permit, then you're definitely not in the right and a borderline d-bag.

If you're not convinced by pickle's post, and you really want to try it, then I would have the hermits properly packaged, and either call ahead or ask a TSA agent at the airport what procedures you need to follow. If you show that you're trying to follow the law it's surprising how helpful people can be. I recall my first time transporting firearms on an airplane and upon check in I immediately declared them, and requested an agent inspect them for proper packaging. This is much better than them finding stuff in the x-rays without you there and them fining you or confiscating it

Hahahaha JacK mY SwAG - FUnny Video!!!

1. He won't have the balls to do it.

2. He'll get caught by agriculture and he'll get fined or his folks will. (Teens dgaf, it's not their monies.)

3. Jail or juvie.

4. He gets away with it and is "cool" in his own eyes for a week.

Archiving posts to prove that this was premeditated and not ignorance. (and before teen reefer decides to bail and delete/edit posts.)

I am in honalulu right now and will be leaving next week,I got about 20 electric orange hermit crabs,like the blue but orange.

Any ways I can sneak these on board the plane without getting them taken away?

Would the water show up on the X-ray machine if I soaked paper towel and wrapped the crabs in it?

:o

Someone is mad!

Maybe you're just jealous of my free hermits?

I'm probably going to buy a giant shell and stuff some crabs in there!

Or get a few small jars like those gerber baby foods size and put a wet paper towel in them along with the crabs and roll them in with my socks.

ApiratenamedJohn

You aren't cool unless youve done time or cost your parents thousands in fines. (insert favorite rapper here) did time and look where he is now! Lol

Archived