Coral Vue Hydros

EZ's Mantis EcoPico

Ezsharkman

I wish i would have read that before i started.. OMG

I did use some bad language.

Please let me know what you guys think... honestly... i can take criticism if you see something that sucks bout my first dry rock scape

Step one

get some tools and put safety glasses on the rock so it doesn't loose and eye... B) blind emotion again

ecopico-1.jpg

Step 2... pretend the rock just said somthing bad bout your momma at let it have it

ecopico-2.jpg

Spent the next 4 hours frustrated and huffing the strange smell that the epoxy gives off.

Once you are high enough off the epoxy (to the point where you wanna just say "i am done" and go inside and watch Sesame Street) that's the moment you have been waiting for...

try to get artsy with the rock until you think you like it

i ended up with this

ecopico-3.jpg

ecopico-4.jpg

ecopico-5.jpg

ecopico-6.jpg

so what do you guys think? is it OK? I'm not 100% about it... but i'm 2 high to even think about it

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh that looks great, I love it... now I know Spiro had some sort of impiration for this.

Hell yeah! i was 2 high to remember where i had seen something like that... but spiros scape was burned into my subconscious

Thanks SS! you rock!

Sonny boy, I am so proud of you. You make me swell with pride. It's perfect, beautiful!

Thank you so much Spiro! you helped me out a ton!

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

I'd pay you $500 for that set up right there. Ok, not really. But it looks like a million bucks!!!!!! GREAT job!!!!!! Do NOT change a thing :)

Thanks Gena! u r 2 sweet!

I know you will!!!!

I'm kicking myself that I didn't buy this on Black Friday! Even if it just sat until I was ready to take on another tank! Maybe they'll have that deal next year.

I couldn't pass it up... i will let you know if i see any sweet deals... I'm a deal hunter... but not a cheap a55

From someone who broke up 20lb of dry rock here's a few tips. B)

1. Anything bigger than your fist, use a screwdriver as a chisel.

2. Anything smaller, smash where it's non photogenic, the hammer will destroy all the nice little pores and you don't want that.

3. 10lb sledge is the best hammer I found for the job.

4. If you use silicone, ventilate! It smells so bad but it holds fairly instantly.

5. It's not cheating to use some sort of base that will be below the sand bed, my trunk is attached to a sheet of glass so that all the rocks and sand keep it upright without damaging the actual tank.

6. Curse a lot while you do it, it's manly.

Thanks for the tips Joel!

you rock big time

Looks great EZ! Don't touch it I love that scape!

Now where is the water? ;)

Thanks Sweet Florida candy!

water is coming tomorrow... i read that you should let the epoxy sit overnight if you can, so it can cure... and not give off any bad juju or something like that

i have had the lame sponge that came with the filter in my media basket for the past few days... soaking up some bacteria... hopefully not a bubble algae and aiptasia =0

got water mixing in the garage and heading out to get a heater in the morning... hopefully it will be wet by beer time tomorrow... thanks for looking

Your rockscape is inspired - love the way the terraces look to be offset. I'd love something like that but I'm still kinda stuck with the old pico rock...

completly agree, DONT change that scape.. looks freaking sweet.

Thanks Boxboy! i woke up early cause i wanted to go look at it... i get excited and cant sleep with this hobby

best scape i have seen in a while. makes me wanna redone mine :P

Thanks Jr miller

those look cool tam... appreciate the links. thanks!

Your rockscape is inspired - love the way the terraces look to be offset. I'd love something like that but I'm still kinda stuck with the old pico rock...

Your looks awesome. i think i will be fun to see what we can do... especially since we are setting up at the same time...but you you have a head start =) i apreciate the kind works

Loooks good! :D

Thanks IIX=-)

surgicalsense
omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

I'd pay you $500 for that set up right there. Ok, not really. But it looks like a million bucks!!!!!! GREAT job!!!!!! Do NOT change a thing :)

:lol:

... agreed!

Added water and sand... cloudy right now

off to buy a little bit of choice live rock to seed the tank... about a 1 hour drive, but worth it. My LFS only sells Turd rocks with pests and Bubble algae. no thanks :eek:

Be back Later :lol:

Thanks Joel... i tried and with the small tank it was gonna block way to much light, so i ended up just playing Lego rocks

Try this next time, much better:

I don't like single malts :(

I also try to limit my scotch/whiskey intake, something about it hits me way to hard. 1 drink hits me like drinking a whole six pack :lol:

Don't laugh at me... Ok you can

I drink natural light.... I drank gin for years and hated beer... Gin is a bit mutch and livening in Florida did something to me... But don't worry I'm not a redneck

I added a heater and a piece of lr today. Water is staring to clear. I will have a photoshoot tomorrow on both tanks...

Plus I added a nanomag and ac 70 to my letter to Santa

I'm a recent college graduate... I've drank too much natty lite to laugh at anyone for drinking it :lol:

It's not half bad. I like Coors or Mic Ultra for "cheap" beers.

Archived