Pod Your Reef

Our Wal-Mart Pico contest entry thread

wee luv daycare

wee luv daycare

You guys guessed it, Dwarf Seahorses! Their are 7 of them, and they are eating like pigs. We are feeding them gut loaded brine and copepods from the culture tank. The first day the kids saw them when they came to daycare they were excited. One of the boys that my wife takes care of started crying when he had to go home, and wanted to take a seahorse with him.

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
wee luv daycare

Ok so we have had seahorses for a little while now, we are enjoying them a lot even though they are a bit more maintenance than typical livestock. Since last time I updated you guys and gals some unexpected new editions appeared in the tank. I knew this would happen eventually but not this soon. My wife has seen the seahorse mating dance during the day. Next time it happens we are trying to catch it on camera. She says when two are mating the others start shaking when they are perched. Pretty cool sight to see inside an aquarium! We now have around 25 babies in the tank. I do not want to overstock so I have talked to my LFS and they will be taking a lot of them. Got to love a tank that produces. Exciting stuff!

BABIES!!!!!!

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0158-1.jpg

Archived