Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

A Wisconsinite Reef

HVani

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These pictures don't do these zoas justice at all. The new ones are the pale orange ones in the middle

newzoos-3.jpg

New rics :) the green one I already had I just moved it, the frag on the far left is my maze coral frag. I'm do disappointed in this one :(

newrics.jpg

War Coral, this thing is awesome and seems to be the only thing that can harm xenia lol

warcoral.jpg

I removed some xenia so I had a very nice place for it. The war coral looks awesome and I can't wait till it starts incrusting over the rocks. I've really become a fan of LPS lately. My Pink Pocillopora is looking meh and I'm really not worried about it. I don't think SPS are my thing

Some of the tips are turning white and loosing flesh. The xenia is all around it and I think it's irritating it. It seems to be only where the xenia is touching it.

I didn't think xenia was a stinging coral!!!! It hasn't bothered any of it's neighbors in my tank at all. Must be the lighting. Or maybe it stinks to the other coral too :lol: Stinky stuff!!!!!

Whew busy weekend and week!

Updates on the Reef:

Porcelain crab disappeared over the weekend. I found some "crab parts" around the tank but they all looked hollow so I hoped it was just a molt. Haven't seen him since.

A few weeks ago I moved my frogspawn onto the sandbed to make room for my war coral. Well my new rics keep wanting to snuggle with it so I moved it again to the top. Now I have a very small ric carpet going :)

Tonight I am picking on a green maze coral locally to make up for the ugly brown one SaltCritters sent me.

LFS did not get red scooter blennies in again :(

Ordered my RO/DI unit finally along with some other needed stuff. It's way more fun to spend money on corals and fish :(

Nems all look great :)

I noticed you've been kinda quiet lately!

Sounds like a pretty good update :) I agree, it's more fun to get critters and coral than equipment!

I don't know! I keep thinking about my next set up and drooling over all the fun equipment, lights, and such that I can play with! :lol:

Just ordered a female red scooter blenny that is eating frozen from Diver's den. Also order a blue headed combtooth blenny, I can't believe how much I just spent but it is WYSIWYG, the fish are disease free, already QTed and eating. WIll be here Tuesday :)

That's awesome!!! I'm going to go look up the combtooth blenny. I'm not familiar with them.

Just looked it up...what color did you get?????

edit: duh...just saw a blue-headed :lol: I'm tired :lol:

They are very pretty!!!!!

Here are the pictures form Diver's Den. The blenny isn't the best looking one I have seen but it seems really young. Hopefully with good food and water it will color up more. Blue combtooth blenny is LAs name for blue and gold blenny or what Blue Zoo call dusky yellow streaked blenny. With all the names it took me forever to find info on them!

fishy-2.jpg

red.jpg

Thanks!

I love him though the female is so mean to him :(

RO/DI unit should arrive today! Evidently Bulk Reef Supply is in Minnesota so 1 day ground shipping!

EDIT: It's here!

Archived