Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

A Wisconsinite Reef

HVani

Also the next tank will be this

Innovative-Marine-38-Gallon-Mini-Nuvo-Aquarium-(Tank-Only)-Black-99.jpg

A nuvo Mini 38 in black. I'll be making my own light fixture using the ecoxotic panorama pro modules. It will go in our living room so I needed something nice looking. I wanted to get a 60 cube or 45 cube(4 inches shorter) but the place it's going has room for 24" one way but not the other. It's about 1/2" too small. So I went a different route.

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's exciting about the new tank :) And probably a good call on not buying a possibly sick fish. That would be no fun!

So much news in here!!!!! First of all, those nems are gorgeous!!!

Be so glad you didn't pick up that blenny. Sounds like it has flukes. Which are quite common and sooo hard to eradicate.

The future tank is fantastic!!!!! Love it!!!!!

Also the next tank will be this

Innovative-Marine-38-Gallon-Mini-Nuvo-Aquarium-(Tank-Only)-Black-99.jpg

A nuvo Mini 38 in black. I'll be making my own light fixture using the ecoxotic panorama pro modules. It will go in our living room so I needed something nice looking. I wanted to get a 60 cube or 45 cube(4 inches shorter) but the place it's going has room for 24" one way but not the other. It's about 1/2" too small. So I went a different route.

WOW! That's a purdy tank!!! I'd like to see what you are going to do with it.

Well one new nem is looking awesome while the other has crawled up in the rocks and I can't tell what it's doing.

I made an order with SaltyCritters today. I couldn't resist $5 frags, plus since they are in Indiana shipping priority should be fine(plus cheaper). I ordered 2 WYSIWYG rics, a green maze coral(I have been wanting one of these for ages) and a zoa frag. Would have ordered more but I'm on a budget and my tank is running out of space.

nathanq.inc
I couldn't resist $5 frags.

I would be unable to resist that as well... Cheapest frags you'll get in the uk are around £8 (14 usd) then another £5-10 shipping (so in total you're looking at about 25 dollars?).

And btw I love how you're growing the gsp up the back wall with Xenia, I'm trying that as well although it never struck me to stick the Xenia up there as well!

I am never having a nem shipped again. One of the nems is looking bad, I can't tell for sure since it so pulled up in the rocks. Ug I am so sick of things dying.

I did a water change, hopefully that helps. I also trimmed back some xenia to give the nem a bit more room. My other nems(maxi mini, 2 rock flowers and Bubble tip) are all doing great. It has to be something with shipping and these guys just have a hard time with it. If I ever have another shipped I will go with Reef Gardener again. She seems to be able to get it right.

A few new pictures for you

Last nem remaining(from the shipped ones)

lastnemstanding.jpg

It's been doing good though. It took some food yesterday. It has bleached a little which I think is due to light shock but it hasn't moved.

My bubble tip doing what it does :)

bubbleagain.jpg

Current rics. The little green one was in a siphon accident where it was torn in 2. Then while it was healing the jawfish took it in his burrow for a few weeks. A couple days ago the jawfish cleaned out his burrow and I got the ric back(along with a couple other missing frags). It's angry looking but alive.

rics.jpg

My Saltcritters shipment was shipped today. It will be here in a couple days. I know 2 day shipping is a risk but I picked hardy things. The weather has been very mild so I think it will be fine.

The flower anemone is really beautiful!!!!!!

Boy, that green ric has been through quite the ordeal. It looks pretty good, even after the trip it's been on :lol:

Never heard of saltcritters before! I checked it out and they look awesome. I just saved their site to my favorites so I can place an order next month! Can't wait to see what you get.

Sorry about your nems. I don't know why you're having trouble. So far mine have been fine. I love the bubble tips on your BTA though. Mine is looking kind of sad at the moment. Hopefully he'll be perky again tomorrow now that the mini cycle is over and everything is back in line. :)

I was shocked the green ric was still alive. It also gives me hope about the ones I have being shipped in 2 day :)

I think the problem with the rock nems have been the way they were shipped. The first 2 I lost puked in the bag and spoiled their water. The next 2 I got were shipped without any water. I noticed one was soft as I removed it from the bag while the other was quite firm. The firm one lived and the soft one started coming apart after a couple days.

My very first dead nem from Reef Gardener I think I might have fed it too large of a piece f fish, or maybe the fish had gone bad and it made the nem sick and it passed. I believe if that had not happened I would still have it. The other maxi mini I got in the same shipment is still doing very well, and both nems I have gotten locally have also done very well.

Leaving me to believe if I want more nems, I need to buy locally or from Reef Gardener.

I love this forum!

Just go a magenta/blue panorama strip plus power supply from a member here :D

That will give me 2 12k/blue and 2 blue/magenta over my 18" cube. Should give me just the color I am looking for! Plus should give me enough strips for my future 24" long tank.

I love this forum!

Just go a magenta/blue panorama strip plus power supply from a member here :D

That will give me 2 12k/blue and 2 blue/magenta over my 18" cube. Should give me just the color I am looking for! Plus should give me enough strips for my future 24" long tank.

Your lighting sounds awesome! I demand pics of all your gorgeous nems to hold me over while I wait for my newest ones to arrive. :P I really hope they do okay. I'm worried now that I just got lucky with the first nem that shipped.

Hey, where are you in Wisconsin? I'm in Sheboygan.

I've noticed you've been posting more lately! I just have to say that I still go back and read about your TOTM from a few years ago. Yours and C'est Ma's (I'm sure I just butchered that name) are my favorites and I never get tired of reading about them :)

For Banshee :)

THE NEMS!

Bubble tip, I think it's starting to look a little more green lately

lookinggreen.jpg

The Rock Flower Anemones, They like to hold hands :)

rocknems.jpg

Finally the Maxi Mini

maximini-1.jpg

My SaltCritters order arrived today :) Package was nice and warm when I got it. The rics are awesome! I got a pale blue one and a purple/blue one with a green mouth. The Zoas have started opening and look amazing. The maze coral is really disappointing. It looks nothing like the example pictures. I put it in the shade, hopefully after a couple days it will be happier. I also picked up a war coral locally, I've been eyeing it for a while. No pictures tonight, I have places to be. Everything is angry anyway. I'll post pictures tomorrow!

Archived