Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

A Wisconsinite Reef

HVani

No I just have the L201s and blue eye L144s. I just sold some calico bristlenose. I don't have a lot of freshwater tanks so I don't get to keep a lot of plecos :(

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No I just have the L201s and blue eye L144s. I just sold some calico bristlenose. I don't have a lot of freshwater tanks so I don't get to keep a lot of plecos :(

Well that's more than I've had at once. I've only ever had one freshwater tank at a time, so I usually just have one or two plecos at a time. The ones you have are awesome. Makes me want another freshwater tank :)

M elipsifer. He's an spiny eel from Lake Tanganyika. He's great! Not shy, eats pellets, good with all fish(except fry). I've had him for 2 years, named Eelduardo.

M elipsifer. He's an spiny eel from Lake Tanganyika. He's great! Not shy, eats pellets, good with all fish(except fry). I've had him for 2 years, named Eelduardo.

That is an awesome eel! I've never kept eels because most of my freshwater tanks were when I was in high school and my mom hated eels because they creeped her out. Then when I went to college my tanks were always too small for most eels.

I love his name btw :D

He's my favorite fish, a real character.

I LOVE eels! I really love saltwater eels but I don't see myself being able to keep them. Too much risk with other fish.

Hope everything is OK with the new arrivals!!!

I think I'll always have a FW tank. Right now I have a 65 gal african tank cause they are so easy to take care of.

Well it's been 2 hours and the nems are looking a lot better. Both are working on putting their foot down and have closed their mouths. One has moved over from where I set it and is hanging out in my rubble pile I have for my jawfish. I'm scared to be optimistic but I think they are going to be ok. One looks a little worse, it looks like it puked in the bag it was shipped in. Hopefully my water will be enough to bring it around. Mental note though, if I want to buy rock flower anemones in the future, I'm getting mine from Reef Gardner. These were packed well and came from Florida as well, but reef gardeners looked way better when it arrived.

Another update before bed. This anemone

3-26-2012-9.jpg

Seems to be doing better. It's foot is down, it's mouth closing, it's even starting to inflate.

This one

3-26-2012-4.jpg

Is the one that threw up in the bag. It's foot is down but it is still deflated with an open mouth. The hermits started picking at it so I moved it to a breeder net. Hopefully a couple days in the net will make it better.

One good thing about the shrimp being DOA is that it is not picking at the nems.

On a happier note I am picking up a red hornet frag tomorrow :)

Oh, bummer with that order!!!!!! Hopefully they can pull through for you!!!!!!!

Your eel is adorable...and I don't think I've EVER called an eel adorable :lol:

Can't wait to see the red hornet frag :)

Well the one in the breeder was dead this morning. It was coming apart so I took some pictures (boy did that thing STINK) hopefully I will get a refund.

The other one is bleaching. This can happen due to bad water or a shock to the nem. It looks ok otherwise. Hopefully it can make it.

The red hornets are beautiful :) :) Ok so they aren't "real" red hornets but I think they are gorgeous and I got them for a good price.

Bleaching nem

bleachednem.jpg

Red hornets

redhornet.jpg

Nem is very bleached at this point but is sticky. I offered a bit of food (cyclopeeze) and she took it. All my nems are girls :) They just look girly to me.

My favia has been looking ok but not growing. So I glued it to a rock so I can try moving it around the tank. I saw someone today who had a prism favia in the shade and it looked way better than mine.

They just look girly to me.

That's cuz they are so frilly and look like flowers...total girly girls :happy:

Sorry you lost one :( Hopefully that company will take care of you. I think they are pretty good about things like that!!!!!

Ugh your tank is so cool. And it has changed a lot over time! I just relooked at your first post.

Eelduardo is super cool!

After you luck with those nems... I'm not sure I'll get one. Hope they come around.

Thanks! I love him :)

He came from Alphacorals and is the coolest clown I have ever seen. Speaking of Alphacorals I stopped by there yesterday. They have really expanded and had some killer clams and corals, not to mention the amazing clownfish. While I was there I picked up a speckled bubbletip. It was in amazing healthy, acclimation went smoothly and it staid right where I put it and even bubbled up. I hope the clowns find it someday, It's very close to where the orange clownfish hangs out.

I've been so bummed about the nems I have lost it's nice to get a healthy specimen that is doing well. Speaking of the lost nems my last surviving one from saltwater fish is not doing well. It's so bleached :(

I did hear back from them and they are going to do a replacement order. Since the nems were WYSIWYG I won't be able to get the exact ones but I can get a couple new ones plus the lost cleaner shrimp.

New Nem. It looks amazing under antinics. I think it still has a bit of coloring up to do.

clownpresent.jpg

I want one of these some day

dsc_00_1811db2a2e.jpg

It's a green phantom pleco :)

L200's are very nice. i had one for about 2 years but turned up dead one day :( it was real depressing.

IMG_3938.jpg

yeah it sucks, i had a big male bristlenose for about 2 yrs also, found it stuck in my filter intake one day :( im off plecos now

Archived