Innovative Marine Aquariums

A Wisconsinite Reef

HVani

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty excited :)

I wanted a blood red but I kept reading about them hiding so I figured I would get a regular skunk cleaner. I adore my freshwater shrimp so I expect to love this one as well.

The blood red ones do hide more than the skunks, from my experience.

Mark...does your single cleaner shrimp ever have eggs? I was wondering if they have to be in pairs to get the eggs?????

Not much going on in the reef today. My jawfish is working on a new burrow so the tank is a mess. I was busy all day yesterday cleaning out my 80 gallon bowfront. I'm selling off the fish from that tank and I'll be taking it down.

I have a few freshy pictures from today. I looked over to my 40 breeder to see one of my L201 plecos actually visible! I have ahd these guys for months and I NEVER see them. So I caught a couple photos

L201march1.jpg

L201march2.jpg

Here's a photo I was trying to take of a shrimp that my betta got in on.

shrimp.jpg

I just picked up these babies today. They are so little(same size as the shrimp)

newpleco.jpg

I hope to get a breeding group of them going.

I love plecos :)

mantisman379

Haha I like your freshies! Is that last one a baby bristlenose Pleco or what? My friend bred some bristlenoses and they had a million babies

Thanks!

They are baby L144 blue eyes, basically they are bristle nose plecos just a fancy version.

So on the reef:

Yesterday I got some store credit at the LFS for a cantankerous tropheus I took in. So I bought a very small FEMALE emerald crab(super cute) and a tank bred neon goby. Ok so credit didn't cover both but I was happy with it. The LFS hasn't had ANY TB neon/yellow/sharknose gobies in 8 months or so. He is so little I can't imagine him adding anything to my bioload. Very striking fish, looks great with the LEDs :)

Anemones get here on Wednesday!

Also I entered the POTM contest. I regretted it almost immediately I'm so out of my league lol.

Ohhh...that yellow-spotted pleco is beautiful!!!!! I love your freshie pics :)

I want a female emerald crab too. They are delicate and not bruisers like their counterpart :lol:

Looking forward to the new nems omgomgomg

I had a male emerald crab that got scary huge with huge claws. He was quite a bruiser. This one was prancing around at the front of the LFS so I got a good look at the underside to make sure I was getting a female :) I'm a little worried though, I have not had goo luck with inverts from this LFS. But pretty much all of those were in my BC 14. Hopefully the 25 cube has what it takes.

I've been selling off a lot of freshwater stuff this past week and this week. Once everything is sold I will finally be able to buy a RO/DI unit! Ok not too exciting but I'm happy :) No more trips to the store. SPeaking of which I need to go buy water so I can do a water change today <_<

The males really make me nervous!!!! My old pair wasn't too bad. The male wasn't crazy big and the female was perfect!!! She only ate algae...never had much interest in the meaty foods I fed the tank. The male; however, was crazy for meat. I tried an emerald in this tank a few months back. He was way too big for the tank. I saw him try to catch my fish!!!!!!!

Are you not going to keep FW anymore????

Yikes!

My male emerald would sit outside my jawfish's burrow but I never saw him try to catch anything. Still made me nervous so I removed him.

I am keeping freshwater but I'm taking down my 80 gallon mbuna tank. So now I will have the 40 breeder planted tank and my 25 gallon reef. I'm gonna miss my cichlids but I won't miss cleaning up after them.

Here's a bad picture of the new goby. He's so tiny and cute! He just flits around all day. My clowns have approached him a couple times. Not out of aggression, more like curiousity. I wonder do they want him to clean them or is that wishful thinking. Anyway here he is

newgoby.jpg

Saltwaterfish.com

They seriously had several that looked just like my old one. I was shocked. I thought it would be a long time till I found another nice one!

I love Saltwaterfish.com.

I had a Rubberlip Pleco, and one of my friends was hunting down rare plecos.... I am not sure which ones she has, but she had a blue one!

YAY tank sounds happy! :happy:

Glad to hear good things about saltwaterfish.com. Over on RC they get pretty good reviews but I found a few bad ones.

I want one of these some day

dsc_00_1811db2a2e.jpg

It's a green phantom pleco :)

On the reef, I did a water change this evening in preparations for the arrive nems. Things looked good. I siphoned out about 10000000000 flatworms :angry:

I did enter this month's POTM with a different picture. I just saw the one rehype entered though and it's amazing.

Sigh

Package just arrived, it's not good :(

Bags were warm which is good. Cleaner shrimp was dead and the anemones looked terrible. The water was brown and cloudy. I skipped acclimation and added them straight to the tank after a temp match. I figured they needed to get out of that water ASAP. Mouths are open but one is starting to look better. It'll be touch and go though. Luckily they have a 15 day guarantee.

I LOVE the freshwater pics you posted. Plecos have always been my favorite and they're the one thing I really miss about having a freshwater tank. I had an albino bristlenose pleco that I bought tiny for a couple bucks because they had mistaken it for just an albino standard pleco. By the time it was full grown, it had gorgeous bristles and was my favorite pleco I've ever had. Sadly, when I moved to CA I had to give it back to the fish store for some store credit. Man were they excited to have that fish come back into the store. They owner took it straight home and put it in his own tank.

Do you have any other plecos besides the ones you posted photos of?

Archived