Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

A Wisconsinite Reef

HVani

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks! I'll look it up.

Nice, I didn't think those cameras could take such great tank pics especially with the LED"s. My wife misplaced/lost out family camera so the only one I have is my son's Iphone, lol.

Thanks! I'll look it up.

yeah, great pics.

I know, my parents are in WI and they had to start feeding the goldfish in the pond already! Insane weather,usually pond's not warm enough until may!!!!

what kind of snails/ HC have those awesome pointed shells?

Yeah it's been super warm around here. Today is nice besides the rain.

I'm not sure what kind of snails have those shells. I found the shells at Petsmart with the aquarium decorations. They look awesome and the hermits really like them.

Tank shot 3-19

3-19.jpg

Specs:

Ecoxotic 18" cube

Removed Bioballs

Purigen

Carbon

Hang on Fuge with Cheato

Equipment

Stock Skimmer (currently not running)

Koralia 245

2 12k/445 mn Panorama pro LED strips

1 445nm/Magenta Panorama Pro LED strip

1 453nm Blue Stunner

1 403nm Ultraviolet Stunner

20 lbs mixed Fiji Pink sand, Reef Grade sand and crushed coral

20lbs of LR

Stocking

Fish

Black and White clown-Zora

Picasso Clown-Spoticus

Yellow Headed Jawfish-Icarus

Green Clown Goby-Shy Guy Jumped :(

Inverts

Blue tuxedo Urchin-Velcro

Blue Leg Hermits

Orange Leg Hermits

1 White hermit

1 Red Brittle Star

2 Harlequin serpent stars

White Anemone Crab

Green Rock Flower Anemone

Purple Rain Rock Flower Anemone

Maxi Mini Anemone

Nassarius snails

Dwarf Ceriths

Florida Ceriths

Nerite Snails

Corals

SPS

Pink Birdsnest

Lime Green Birdsnest

Pink Pocillopora

LPS

Bicolor Frog Spawn

Duncan Coral

Prism Favia

Blue Candy Cane

Softies

Red Mushrooms

Blue Mushroom

Orange Ric with Green Mouth

Green Ric

Blue Snowflake Polyps

Blue Sympodium

GSP

Xenia

Green Bay Packer Zoas (Go Pack Go!!)

Eagle Eye Zoas

Blue Zoas

Bam Bams

Radioactive Dragon Eyes

UnIDed red/pink Zoas

Teal RIngs

UnID Green Zoas

Blue Ice Zoas

Armor of the Gods

Green Palys

Blue Palys

Purple Death

Tubs Blues

Magician Palys

NPS

Sun Coral

Other

Purple sea plume

Yellow sea whip

BC14 November 2011

BC14Nov.jpg

25 Gallon November 2011

sneakpeek.jpg

November 29 2011

fulltankDec.jpg

December 6 2011

fulltanknotop.jpg

January 2 2012

fulltankjan.jpg

January 12 2012

fulltankJan11.jpg

January 22 2012

aquascapejan.jpg

January 26 2012

1-25.jpg

February 11 2012

cornerview.jpg

February 16 2012

fulltank216.jpg

March 11 2012

marchfull.jpg

March 14 2012

fulltank3-14.jpg

March 19 2012

3-19.jpg

Nice bro!! Like the jawfish!! i just made a condo for mines!!

I can't get enough of this camera.

More pictures!

coralcluster.jpg

duncanMarch.jpg

magicianpretty.jpg

jawfishmarch.jpg

My Sick Nem :(

sicknem.jpg

Some Hermits Shots. I love these guys but I have never been able to get good pictures of them.

orangehermit.jpg

tinyhermit.jpg

bighermit.jpg

Do their mouths gape like that when they are sick? I wonder if it's getting ready to split? If those even split. I would assume they do!

More great pictures! I see you fragged your birdsnest. Was that an accident? I have a tiny frag of mine....total accident :)

I'm not sure. Mots of the anemone info I have is based on Bubble tips since very little info seems to be available for rock flowers. I know that a healthy nem has a closed mouth and it's foot down. Mine has kind of let go of the rock, has it's mouth open and keeps folding up. I'm going to try and feed it today and see if that helps.

Rock flowers don't split they need a male and female to reproduce.

I actually broke the birdsnest on purpose. It had one branch way off to the side that made it very difficult to place so I broke it off and stuck it in a rock. It seems to be doing well.

Well the nem wouldn't eat. I came home later and found it upside down. I moved it to a different part of the tank and it spewed some white chunks then looked a little better. Now it's looking bad again :( It's still sticky and has good color which is good. I gave it way too big of a piece of fish several days ago and I think that might have been what started the issue. None of the other anemones would eat it. I read that if they are given too large of a meal it can rot in their gut and make them sick. I hope that's what it's been spewing. I feel sick that I might loose this nem :( No more expensive things for me, no matter how pretty they are :(

Rock flowers don't split they need a male and female to reproduce.

Well that's unfortunate.

Well the nem wouldn't eat. I came home later and found it upside down. I moved it to a different part of the tank and it spewed some white chunks then looked a little better. Now it's looking bad again :( It's still sticky and has good color which is good. I gave it way too big of a piece of fish several days ago and I think that might have been what started the issue. None of the other anemones would eat it. I read that if they are given too large of a meal it can rot in their gut and make them sick. I hope that's what it's been spewing. I feel sick that I might loose this nem :( No more expensive things for me, no matter how pretty they are :(

:( I'm sorry to hear that. Interesting about how too much food can rot in there. I hope throwing up makes it feel better and it turns around!

Well I'm about 90% sure it's not going to make it :(

This morning it was upside down again and the foot is falling apart. I went to remove it but it's STILL a little sticky and not dead. So I put it in a floating breeder to keep the vultures away.

After feeling really depressed I decided I will get another. Most likely from reefgardener again. It isn't her fault, I'm not sure what happened honestly I've been only guessing. It will most likely be a long time though before I find one as nice as this one. For now all my other corals and anemones are doing very well. My poor porcelain crab looks lost without his nem :( But He will find the others.

In other news I'm going to try fragging some things today. I have several zoas that can spare some polyps and are growing very well. Hopefully after a couple weeks they will be ready to ell. I feel bad charging much for frags. I was going to put them all at $5 but I think that might be a bit cheap.

Here's what I hope to frag today

3-5 polyps of Neon Blue Zoas (from sea life)

3-4 Polyps of Green Bay Packers(this have been looking amazing since I moved them to less light)

15 + Polyps of eagle eyes

2 polyps Of Devil's Armor

3-5 Polyps of Blue Ice

5 Polyps Of Emerald eyes

3 polyps of un IDed Green palys (amazingly bright green but I don't know what they are)

If I get brave I will try and frag the duncan but I don't have any bone cutters.

Bummer :(

That's really interesting about the food rotting in their stomachs. I would have never guessed that could happen...though it makes sense if the piece is too big.

That's exciting about fragging to sell. I just put some kenya trees for sale here in the classifieds. I only sold one so far. It's an awesome feeling to get a sale on your coral :happy:

GL with the nem! I hope it feels better.

GL fragging things! I may need to re-frag the Chalice for Tron, I think only one of the tiny things still lives.

Whew so the fragging is done. Everything I could take out of the tank was easy to frag. They stuff I couldn't take out was much more difficult. Everything is angry now.

Here's what I ended up with :)

4 polyps of neon blue zoas

3 polyps of devil's armor

2 Green Bay Packers

3 Green Palys

3 Ice Blues

1 purple gorg frag

1 yellow sea whip frag

Well I have good news and bad news.

The bad news is the nem is no more. It started falling apart and turning into a slimey mess so I disposed of it. I'm ok, right now I want to make sure my tank is ok. Then I will contact Morgan and see about getting a new rock flower nem.

The good news is my frags are doing really well. The green bay packer frag isn't doing great. I might have cut th polyps a little too close when fragging. They are so small and close to the rock. I did manage to get a second frag on blue ice and I got a large frag on eagle eyes.

Also the husband chipped in with my next fish decision. We will be getting a hector's goby :)

Great choice on the Hector's!!!!!

Sorry about the anemone :(

Great news about the frags. Hopefully the green bay packers frags will do ok. I really like those a lot :)

Archived