Top Shelf Aquatics

A Wisconsinite Reef

HVani

It sounds just perfect :)

I have seen maybe 7 or so of these guys go through diver's den over the past 10 months. I think once I have the money it shouldn't be too much of a wait. They don't seem to be super rare.

Nope, no discount shipping <_<

Well, at least you know you can get one pretty easily when you are ready for it :)

Yeah...I just remembered the items from LA that ship out of California are not discounted for us either. I wish they'd change that policy!

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
0224121-229.jpg

I want it! Georgia doesn't get any shipping deals either. I see places based in Florida that have cheap shipping in state, but not for Georgia :(

Lame

Sooo the husband and I were talking this weekend and a salt water tank for the living room is being considered :D

It wouldn't be for at least a year, more likely 2 but we are thinking about taking down the 80 gallon bowfront and replacing it withe something that will take up less room. I'm thinking a 60 gallon cube. Current USA makes the tank I have and I'm very impressed with them. They make a 60 gallon cube with sump. It would take me a while to get everything together. Plus we need to put the hardwood floors in the living room first. So like I said it will be a while. Still it's exciting!

Nothing new in the current tank besides another bloom of flatworms. I was sick all last week so they didn't get vacuumed out. I'm concerned they may attack me in my sleep

He's great! You just have to have a lid because they can be skittish. Peaceful tankmates are a must as well IMO. I throw in bits of shell and rocks for him here and there. He's always working on that burrow.

Brad'snanocube

Thats awesome. Ive seen a picture of a burrow that a blue spotted jawfish made on here. i think its cool how they just keep building. i want one because of their burrowing habits and i don't want to spend 100 dollars on a bluespotted! :)

Understandable. i wanted a blue spot at first but I'm very happy I went with the yellow head. They are cheaper, smaller, easier to get eating and don't die of BSJD. Win win if you ask me :)

It's in Janesville, WI. It will be at the Pontiac center on Pontiac drive on the north side of Janesville on March 31st from 12-3. I don't think I will be going. I'm pretty full on coral and would like the stuff I have to grow in.

LOL I know, he's awesome :)

He's been carrying around that zoa for about 3 days now. It's been open and happy the whole time.

Sweet :)

Mine never held anything for long. It'd be great if he always carried it around :lol:

You have so many shrooms! I need more. And your cloves look very healthy and fluffy. Would you say you have them in low, medium, or high light and flow areas? I used to have an urchin just like that and it carried stuff around. Aren't they cool ;)

Thanks for the info, I'm in the process of trying to convince my bf to come with me (to be damage control!) Gorgeous tank, btw! I'm currently with you on the flatworm infestation... I've been siphoning mine out daily but I haven't been making a dent. :( My FWE should show up next week but the thought is already making me nervous.

Xenia :)

Mine loves being at the top of the tank with lots of flow.

Ah. I have cloves that look just like that. Maybe it's xenia then. They all look so similar to me :)

Went back a few pages.

I like the top down pic of your clowns together. I thought it was a very unique photo. It looks like a Koi pic because of the patterns and different color variations of the same species.

Thank you :) That is my one of my favorite pictures I've taken.

Ok now I've done it. I made an impulse purchase. I went to a LFS I don't normally go to, because I knew they had white anemone crabs. My regular LFS rarely gets them and when they do they sell quickly at a ridiculous price.

I don't noramally but from this LFS because their fish usually are very skinny and I've seen a lot of disease pass through there. But the tanks they keep the crabs in are not hooked up to the main system so I figured it would be low risk. Their tanks looked way better this time than the last time I was in there. Plus their coral selection has greatly improved. I'm still not ready to buy anything from the main system though.

Anyway I got the last white anemone crab they had. In the 2.5 gallon right next to him was a little green clown goby. I've never seen one of these in person. The only clown gobies my LFS ever gets are the black ones and the striped ones. This guy was adorable. I watched him for a bit. His breathing was good and he was not thin at all. For $10 I took him home :)

After acclimation the crab is not looking so hot but the goby looks pretty good. He's been hiding in my birdsnest and in the rocks around it.

In other news, we are being hammered by a snowstorm right now :(

Some observations from this evening:

My pink birdsnest is turning green. It was brown and now it's turning green. According to another site it's due to not enough light. Fine by me since my pink occi is still as bright pink as ever. Also my actual green birdsnest is getting it's color back.

My new anemone crab is awesome. It's neat to watch him filter and he will take food right from the turket baster I use to feed my sun coral

I need to get a maxi mini for him, but I want a blue one. Very few blue ones around here and they are all $100+

This weekend I finally pick up my magician palys and blue sympodium :)

Archived