June 30 2012

endJuneshot.jpg

July 14 2012

full714.png

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We have Algae!

Some of the new fittings are starting to show a little algae. Good for my urchin.

Excellent :)

Have you decided which type of fish you are going to get? You have so many more options...I'm jealous :)

I know for sure I'm getting a yellow headed jawfish and at least 1 black clown. Otherwise I'm still undecided lol

The jawfish is a beautiful fish. I don't know why...but they intimidate me. I think I'm just afraid I wouldn't be able to keep one alive. I have no idea why, either :lol:

Pictures!

I really need a new camera.

fulltankDec.jpg

cornershot.jpg

sparklyblues.jpg

These zoas started from only 3 heads :)

green.jpg

I am really loving my frogspawn. The hammer was grumpy because I just moved some things around.

froggie.jpg

eagles.jpg

blueshroom.jpg

No fish pictures again. The damsel was happily swimming around until the camera came out. Then he went into hiding until it was put away.

Yes, please, any tips on screen tops post them. Idk if you have gandered at my thread but after a clown jumped I have a cardboard fence around the top that looks like hell :lol:

I really like the colors you have going on in this tank, especially the picture at the top with the red mushrooms and the green palys (or zoas?) very nice complementing colors! :)

Looks great!!!!!!!!!!!! I can totally see a jawfish fitting in well with this tank :)

Is that GSP on your back wall? I keep hoping mine will grow from the rock to the back wall. It's just about touching so any day now :)

Thanks! I really like my mushroom ring.

I have been reading everything I can on screen tops. I went and priced some things out at Home depot today. Hopefully I can get it start soon. I'm due to get my jawfish on the 14th :)

I am working on growing some GSP on the back wall. It worked well in my BC 14 and this tank has a bit more texture to the plastic. It's just a matter of getting the super glue to stick at first. It makes such a huge mess!

Invert package coming today from sealife. It's been pushed back about 2 weeks since I originally ordered(due to the holiday). Now it's pretty cold and I'm worried. The only reason I didn't cancel all together is because of their arrive alive guarantee. Wish me luck!

Invert package coming today from sealife. It's been pushed back about 2 weeks since I originally ordered(due to the holiday). Now it's pretty cold and I'm worried. The only reason I didn't cancel all together is because of their arrive alive guarantee. Wish me luck!

I think you'll be fine. I've ordered from them plenty and they pack well!!!!!

They are here!

The water in the bags was pretty cold but once they were temp acclimating things started moving around. The harlequin serpent star is gorgeous. They even sent me an extra starfish and some extra hermits! So far everything besides a hermit has moved and found a hiding place. I have the lights off for the night so they can all settle in.

I ended up getting

1 harlequin serpent star + bonus starfish

1 nano red brittle star

2 Nerites

2 orange hermits +1 Bonus

No more winter shipping for me. But I'm very happy.

No pictures right now because I have a sleeping dog in my lap and the camera is on the other side of the room.

The starfish have disappeared in the rock but I see legs here and there. The hermits are really neat. They are like blue legs but are orange.

My corals seem happy. I couldn't find a good place for my duncan so I moved him pretty high in the tank. Most sites say not to do this but he's really happy up there. Lots of room to spread.

I may be going crazy but I think my plate coral is on the move. I wonder is it heading for the sand bed now. It's a little bigger now, about the size of a headphone jack. I really know nothing about these corals since it was a hitchhiker. From what I can tell it will end up being pink with BRIGHT green tentacles. I'm just letting it be for now.

Right now the tank is going through a diatom bloom. Most likely due to stirring things up and the addition of the new rock.

Now that the weather is colder, you will find my lap always occupied with a furry critter of the canine or feline persuasion. Equal opportunity here.

I had a plate before and it definitely would move along the sand. It kept wanting to be right against the glass, and I kept moving it back :lol:

I think I figured out my stocking plan omgomgomg

I have a Springeri Damsel

dams%20that%20eats%20flatworms.jpg

I hope to get

Pearly/Yellow headed jawfish

200px-Opistognathus_aurifrons.jpg

Geometric Pygmy Hawkfish

GeometricPygmyHawk1.jpg

Black Clownfish

BlackPercula1.jpg

Some maybes are

Purple Firefish

purplefirefish-lg4.jpg

Mccosker's Flasher Wrasse

p-39306-mckoskers-flasher-.jpg

If I go with either "maybe" I will most likely replace the damsel. If he doesn't behave when adding new fish he will be removed.

I just tried a little experiment. I've ben worried about my damsel and possible new fish.

I went and got a little mirror and put it up beside the tank. I just wanted to see what he did. He was actually really afraid of it. He would look at it then dart into the rocks. Then he went about his normal behavior of picking at the rocks. But he was much more jumpy.

Not a fool proof test but he didn't attack it.

So I looked in the tank and saw this tonight :(

deadcrab.jpg

I was super bummed because I liked my crab and was hoping to add another species of crab at some point. Then I saw a hairy leg up in the rocks.

It was a molt!

crabmolt.jpg

This thing was freakishly real and solid looking. I couldn't even see the holes the crab crawled out of.

Anyway while I had the camera out I took tried some pictures of the blue lights. With a lot of color adjustment this is the best picture I came out with. The rest were terrible.

LEDfrog.jpg

Also these is a picture I took on one of my new starfish.

starfish-1.jpg

I accidently got my fish in this one. He hide right after this picture. It's the first and only picture I have of him.

fishy-1.jpg

Archived