Pod Your Reef

Mr. Microscope's Cube 2.1

Mr. Microscope

I'm ready for my close-up!!! Never saw a tsb as close as that. I sure do love their antennae/eyebrow things. I know, really scientific, right!!!!

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

Love the shot of the new blenny. Glad to hear this one is doing well and is eating for you. My starry blenny would nibble mysis and spit it out for the first few weeks and now he eats it like a piggie. I think they warm up to pretty much any food if you just give them time. So where did you get this one from?

My silly starry blenny likes to sit on the outside of the MP10 while its running. He gets kind of stuck and has to pry himself off. He sits there because he likes to pick the algae off of it. Not the brightest though because I worry his tail will get sucked all the way in and he'll get mushed.

Thank you Felicia! I quickly got this shot of him while I was watching me eat dinner. He's such a curious fish and I frequently catch him gazing out of the tank. It's definitely getting a lot more social with each day.

I got this one from Unique Corals (I love those people).

Aww, he is adorable! I love tailspots! Hoping to get a Benny #3 soon (Benny 1 and Benny2 have both jumped ship)

Yikes! Do you have a cover on your tank. They're quite slender though. So, I imagine they could probably slip through if they want.

I'm ready for my close-up!!! Never saw a tsb as close as that. I sure do love their antennae/eyebrow things. I know, really scientific, right!!!!

Yes, if fish could be entertainers and I was an agent, it would be an ideal headshot.

The eyebrow things are one of my favorite parts of blennies. I with the TSB had bushier ones. lol

I'd love to have one like this.

11421923_1635749003303974_1259971949_n.j

• Like 4

Thank you Felicia! I quickly got this shot of him while I was watching me eat dinner. He's such a curious fish and I frequently catch him gazing out of the tank. It's definitely getting a lot more social with each day.

I got this one from Unique Corals (I love those people).

Yikes! Do you have a cover on your tank. They're quite slender though. So, I imagine they could probably slip through if they want.

Yes, if fish could be entertainers and I was an agent, it would be an ideal headshot.

The eyebrow things are one of my favorite parts of blennies. I with the TSB had bushier ones. lol

I'd love to have one like this.

11421923_1635749003303974_1259971949_n.j

What's the name of this guy? Love his peppermint candy eyes.

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

I'm not sure. Maybe an ember blenny or barnacle blenny?

Check out the lashes this guy I just found on DD: :lol:

lg-0605151-072.jpg

Caribbean Eyelash Blenny

• Like 5

The theme of today is all blue lighting.

Here's a couple more angles on the fauxkins:

These have been on my rack for like a year. I finally decided to add them to the main display. I don't know if I'll keep them there.

The nasuta continues to truck along.

My platty has to be one of the most humble pieces in my tank. Nice color, slow growth, near the bottom towards the back, but always happy.

I love this thing..Hurlock from a few angles.

puffy puffy!

Just gonna leave this here:

'

and this

I also mounted the ORA pavona. It has a nice intimate spot with lower lighting and lower flow to keep it happy. It's also right near the glass so it'll be easy to photograph and track growth.

ORA%20pavona%202015.06.08_zpsyeortsre.jp

Quack.

Everything looks AWESOME!!!! Love your pavona.

• Like 2
Mr. Microscope

LOVE the photo of the TSB!!!! That is amazing!

It was for sure a lucky shot.

Everything looks AWESOME!!!! Love your pavona.

Thank you stella! We'll have to compare notes on it once mine starts growing.

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

Gotta luv the Tailspot! Has he found a hole or niche that he calls his own yet?

He has a few places he likes to hang out. There is a little nook, that funny enough the clowns also call home where he likes to hang out. He pretty much established that one on day one.

He also likes to hang out on the bottom of the tank near to corners of the aquarium. It would seem that he is paying attention to what's going on outside of the tank. He also likes to pick film algae off of the bottom. So, it's a convenient place for him to be.

• Like 3
Mr. Microscope

That TSB headshot! So cute :wub: and I'm coveting your pavona :lol:

Thank you Jaime! Me too, lol. I can't wait to track some growth on it.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Sk8n Reefer

Funny- I was just looking for your thread for an update and then Kat posted to bring it around. Thanks Kat! How are things going? Any updates?

• Like 2
Mr. Microscope

Hey Mr Scope, read somewhere your blue vermiculata was pale? got a picture?

Hello Kat,

Here's a recent pic. There is no green in the coral, but it came out that way in the pic. It's really more of a baby blue. Has been since I got it from UC.

vermiculata%202015.06.08_zpsoinnilq0.jpg

Funny- I was just looking for your thread for an update and then Kat posted to bring it around. Thanks Kat! How are things going? Any updates?

Yes, I've been away on travel for a while. I've got some catching up to do, lol.

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-07%20at%2012.36.

I went to Portland and saw some tidepools on the coast. Pics to come!

• Like 6

Hello Kat,

Here's a recent pic. There is no green in the coral, but it came out that way in the pic. It's really more of a baby blue. Has been since I got it from UC.

vermiculata%202015.06.08_zpsoinnilq0.jpg

Hmm. I have 2.

This one is unbelievable

20150807_123749.jpg

This is a frag of the other one. It's still a good blue-more paler but good- but not like the picture above which is a deep rich royal blue

20150803_194316.jpg

The first frag also had a touch of green a couple of months ago along with more purple

20150424_140258.jpg

One last pic - here you can see the color as I see it IRL

IMG_1992edit.jpg

• Like 6

Hello Kat,

Here's a recent pic. There is no green in the coral, but it came out that way in the pic. It's really more of a baby blue. Has been since I got it from UC.vermiculata%202015.06.08_zpsoinnilq0.jpg

Welcome back and looking forward to pics!

Yes, I've been away on travel for a while. I've got some catching up to do, lol.Screen%20Shot%202015-08-07%20at%2012.36.

I went to Portland and saw some tidepools on the coast. Pics to come!

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...