ReefCleaners.org

CONSTANTNE's 40 Breeder SPS Tank

CONSTANTNE

ya got the breeder as a grow out tank instead of a 90 with 1inch frags cost two much to fell that up with frags lol

rocken cree leds not as nice a fixture as yours?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ya got the breeder as a grow out tank instead of a 90 with 1inch frags cost two much to fell that up with frags lol

rocken cree leds not as nice a fixture as yours?

Smart thinking!

I was thinking of doing my own LED fixture at one point but figured at the end the price difference didnt matter that much to me.

Wow, what an awesome tank and stand. I just scored a 40 breeder myself from petco. Ive been working on a stand and the final pieces to it are the doors. I really like the look of yours. Did u use acrylic/ plexi for the middle of the doors?

Wow, what an awesome tank and stand. I just scored a 40 breeder myself from petco. Ive been working on a stand and the final pieces to it are the doors. I really like the look of yours. Did u use acrylic/ plexi for the middle of the doors?

Thanks and welcome to the 40 breeder club! I used 1x4s to create a frame. Then bought acrylic from home depot/lowes and spray painted the side thats in the stand silver. Gives it a really nice modern look.

Beautiful tank!! Makes me want to start getting more sps.

I love my GH kit. Mine is a little noisy but Im running about 800gph with 2 returns. But like you said it queits down over time

Beautiful tank!! Makes me want to start getting more sps.

I love my GH kit. Mine is a little noisy but Im running about 800gph with 2 returns. But like you said it queits down over time

Thanks! You have a good aquascape for some SPS. Try some easier ones on the top of the rockwork.

Thats a lot of flow lol. Its rated for 700gph but im sure with your head pressure your running below that 700 mark. Still cant beat the small footprint!

Just found this. I know its been said but amazing tank!

Thanks Nate!

I ran the 1x4 through the table saw before I cut it to notch out 1/4". The acrylic sits in it but you can do it other ways. Maybe drill some pilot holes in the acrylic and screw it over the wood frame. Believe it or not my acrylic is sitting in the notch and it being held with clear packaging tape lol. Can get more pictures if you want sometimes its hard to explain :)

I see what your saying, I might take your idea and run with it. Set the acrylic in like panels, router the center of the edge so its fixed inside. I like the translucent look of it with the refuge light making the doors glow.

Awesome tank! Your sps is amazing. I am going to be setting up a 120 and have been looking for stand ideas. I think I will be using your stand for ideas. Awesome build. Now post more pics lol.

I see what your saying, I might take your idea and run with it. Set the acrylic in like panels, router the center of the edge so its fixed inside. I like the translucent look of it with the refuge light making the doors glow.

Go for it and PM me if you have any questions!

Awesome tank! Your sps is amazing. I am going to be setting up a 120 and have been looking for stand ideas. I think I will be using your stand for ideas. Awesome build. Now post more pics lol.

Thanks and go right ahead! Let me know if you have any questions. More pictures of goodies I just got coming soon!

Wow nice tank man! Couple questions.. Do you remember how much sand you put in there? Also, do you have any CUC in the sump area?

Thanks Bonk! I really dont remember lol. I would say around 1-2 20lb bags. When I order from Reef Cleaners I would throw some cerith and nassarius snails down there.

Sick tank. What camera and lens are you using?

Thanks, I use a Canon T1i. I sometimes use the standard kit lens (18-55mm) but mostly a 50mm 1.8 with kenko extension tubes.

Marijane palys

Marijanes.jpg

Those Marijanes look sexy. I like the name.

Hahaha me too!

Those palys are sick gus if you ever frag any of those or the sunshine let me know

Thanks Gene! You will be the first to know when I do.

Archived