SaltCritters.com

CONSTANTNE's 40 Breeder SPS Tank

CONSTANTNE

Heres some quick specs on my tank. Tank is currently 2 years old.

Tank: 40 Breeder with custom made stand and glass-holes overflow

Return: Eheim 1250

Skimmer: Super Reef Octopus XP 1000SSS

Lighting: 2 Aquaillumination Sol Blues with custom fixture tree

Flow: MP40 & MP10

Dosing: Bubble Magus doser for alk, ca, and mg

Others: Cheato, TLF reactor w GFO, and rox carbon in mesh bag. Also using an older Reefkeeper 2 still :)

I first started the tank with an ATI Sunpower T5 fixture. About a year ago I switched to the AI's and have absolutely no regrets.

My very first FTS around November 2009

2489182430067972724S600x600Q85.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
garrettparson

Wow cool rockscape and Awesome looking SPS. Could you give me an average how much this setup cost you equipment wise? I have a 40-50gallon(unsure exactly) tank and I would like to do something like that!

Wow cool rockscape and Awesome looking SPS. Could you give me an average how much this setup cost you equipment wise? I have a 40-50gallon(unsure exactly) tank and I would like to do something like that!

Thanks! :D

It depends on the equipment you get. You can definiately use different LEDs or powerheads and save money. But equipment alone I would say around 2,500. Lights alone costed me around 1,000

Wow!! That's an amazing tank! Why haven't you shared this beauty before?

Thanks Paleo! I have this thread on another forum but I honestly dont know why I didnt post it here lol. Better late than never right?

Absolutely a stunning job. I am always impressed by naturally "outgrown" SPS tanks.

Can't wait for my current tank to get to that growth milestone.

Woah! Man I need that money! I am used to the prices of picos. Ha and the stand is really slick! How big is your sump?

Sump is an Ecosystem 3012. I have a picture of it when I first set up the tank. Now its full of cheato!

Sump.jpg

Absolutely a stunning job. I am always impressed by naturally "outgrown" SPS tanks.

Can't wait for my current tank to get to that growth milestone.

Thanks! I couldnt wait for it to all fill in. Still have some spots that I would like to fill in.

Looks insane gus!....im glad you finally decided to make a thread for this awesome tank..

Thanks man! Im glad I did too. Have lots of pictures to post too lol.

Amazing growth man! Whatever you're doing they're liking!

And that is a cool shot :)

Thanks! Im pretty happy about the growth, cant complain :)

Love seeing this tank. First time I saw it was on YouTube.. haha.

Thank you! Yea I made a few videos. I definitely need to make a new one.

Is that a 700gph overflow?

No issues with blockage I assume?

Yes it is. I really like how it takes up minimal space in the tank. No issues with blockage at all. I use a piece of eggcrate so for extra safety but glass-holes also sells a black acrylic cover for them which is nice.

Yes it is. I really like how it takes up minimal space in the tank. No issues with blockage at all. I use a piece of eggcrate so for extra safety but glass-holes also sells a black acrylic cover for them which is nice.

Word. That's good to hear. Seemingly typical.

I like how non-invasive the glass holes overflow is.

I've considered it for my build, although I'd probably get the 1500gph version.

Having just a single drain line wouldn't help me sleep at night lol.

How's the noise level on yours?

Sorry for the 20 questions.

Word. That's good to hear. Seemingly typical.

I like how non-invasive the glass holes overflow is.

I've considered it for my build, although I'd probably get the 1500gph version.

Having just a single drain line wouldn't help me sleep at night lol.

How's the noise level on yours?

Sorry for the 20 questions.

No problem at all. I dont mind answering questions.

Yea I thought about only having one drain but to me its really hard to clog up a 1.5 inch flex pipe. Like I said snails cant get in from the overflow and my skimmer section doesnt have any snails. Plus most reef ready tanks only have one drain as well.

I have absolutely no noise. At first it was just a tad noisy but once it got coated with the tank running it quieted down. But im only running an Eheim 1250 which is only 320 gph so if I used a stronger return pump I would expect it hear more water running through it.

No problem at all. I dont mind answering questions.

Yea I thought about only having one drain but to me its really hard to clog up a 1.5 inch flex pipe. Like I said snails cant get in from the overflow and my skimmer section doesnt have any snails. Plus most reef ready tanks only have one drain as well.

I have absolutely no noise. At first it was just a tad noisy but once it got coated with the tank running it quieted down. But im only running an Eheim 1250 which is only 320 gph so if I used a stronger return pump I would expect it hear more water running through it.

Do you have a model with teeth or without?

nice tank man. saw this tank on youtube and then the next week gota 40 breeder lol.

nice stags got any other pics?

Thanks. Cant go wrong with a 40 breeder. Really nice foot print to do a lot of nice aquascapes.

I have a lot of older pics. I need to start taking more newer ones.

Archived