• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

bwoodward0012

bwoodward0012

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Joined 03 Mar 2010

Am considering a dimmable retro for my bc29 from you. was wondering if the heat sink and fans are substantial enough to add 4 to 8 more leds on another separate dimmable driver?

also, can i switch some led colors? was thinking 10 rb, 6 cw, 4 ww (whites on one driver, blues on other), then adding 2 to 4 each of uv and red leds on a third dimmable driver.

any input would be extremely helpful, thanks.

rapid LED

rapid LED

Nano Reefer

• Sponsor
  • 130 posts
  • Joined 11 Nov 2009

Am considering a dimmable retro for my bc29 from you. was wondering if the heat sink and fans are substantial enough to add 4 to 8 more leds on another separate dimmable driver?

also, can i switch some led colors? was thinking 10 rb, 6 cw, 4 ww (whites on one driver, blues on other), then adding 2 to 4 each of uv and red leds on a third dimmable driver.

any input would be extremely helpful, thanks.

If you can wait a few weeks we'll have a 24 LED version of this kit available on a 5.9" x 10" heatsink (right now it's 5.9" x 9"). I probably wouldn't go with more than 24 LEDs unless you're okay dimming them down quite a bit, even 24 LEDs is going to be a lot of light for that tank. Also, heat will be an issue so it's best if you can get an extra fan and stand it up on it's side blowing air directly at the heatsink to help with cooling.

bwoodward0012

bwoodward0012

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Joined 03 Mar 2010
alright i've decided i want this. few questions though..... what do i need besides the bc29 retro kit? i know i need potentiometers if i want the dimmable kit, but can those be replaced with the controller yall sell? also, i want to replace some of the cool white leds with normal whites and have around 4 of the uv leds so essentially i would have 5cw, 5nw, 4 uv, and 10 rb, would this be doable or can i not switch led colors? also would this let me achieve around a 14k look with the right dimming? i would also like to add moonlights.... how many would i need (i dont want it to light it up too much, it is supposed to be night time lighting) and what else would i need for these (driver etc.)? And lastly, when will your dimmable bc29 retros be back in stock..... i noticed when i looked yesterday they said out of stock? thanks in advance

bwoodward0012

bwoodward0012

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Joined 03 Mar 2010
anything?