Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Beau's 28g SPS Reborn (pg12)

beau13

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tron is a bad influence lol. I added a Midas blenny as well because of his pictures. They are awesome fish. Great looking tank !

Thanks! Any issues with your blenny wanting to check out the other side of the glass? I love mine and its personality. Other than the jumping and it occasionally chasing my small cleaner shrimp and nipping at my chromis it is fine. I am so glad my dog wasn't wandering around that moment!

Not yet I have a glass top on my tank but there is space that isn't covered so I hope he doesn't find the opening. How do you like the radion ? I want to switch out my halide for led but I'm torn between the sol and radion. I most likely will upgrade to a 90 gallon and I like the idea of only having to run two radions vs three sol fixtures to cover the tank. So that's going to play a huge part in my upgrade choice.

Not yet I have a glass top on my tank but there is space that isn't covered so I hope he doesn't find the opening. How do you like the radion ? I want to switch out my halide for led but I'm torn between the sol and radion. I most likely will upgrade to a 90 gallon and I like the idea of only having to run two radions vs three sol fixtures to cover the tank. So that's going to play a huge part in my upgrade choice.

I am loving the Radion. I've been following reef lighting technology for about five years now and when it finally came down to it this year I was between the AI Sol and the Radion. What got me in the end was styling, 135 degree optics, lack of spotlighting, modularity, output and the computer programing.

I need to do an updated writeup on it but it is amazing. The tank glows with light just like a MH bulb, I can customize the light to ANY color temp, program it for any thing I want easily, or set it to natural mode and pick my ocean depth, and it just works. My corals are growing like crazy since I got it. Everything in my tank loves it and is reacting about the same as I have seen them in the ocean.

The AI Sol is a fantastic product, but I like being able to have detailed control over the light, and the 135 degree optics give me great spread without harsh shadows or dark areas. I wasn't sure at first, but I haven't regretted it.

look at this, another great tank here on NR! omgomgomg

Thanks!

Also does your Benny have a blue butthole?

It does, oddly enough! I haven't seen any others at the LFS that do.

You might check out Mark Callahan's reef. He tested it against his MH on his 90 gallon, then finally switched to two over it. He loves it and it fits his needs perfectly. It helped me a lot. http://www.mrsaltwatertank.com/radion/

Cool, A member here thinks that could mean its male. Just wondering how yours looked. :)

I have no idea. I'll have to check into it. I don't think my reef is big enough, but I wonder if they can be bred in captivity if you can differentiate between a male and female...

That would be awesome. One time I did see a couple of Midas Benny's in the same tank at the Lfs. Wonder if they were a true m/f pair.

SouthFlorida_Tron
Thanks! Any issues with your blenny wanting to check out the other side of the glass? I love mine and its personality. Other than the jumping and it occasionally chasing my small cleaner shrimp and nipping at my chromis it is fine. I am so glad my dog wasn't wandering around that moment!

Mine is content in his hole & swimming infront of the mp10

Since the carpet surfing episode mine has spent a lot more time in front of his hole, but he has been out in my mp10 current just as much. Glad to see he is ok.

SouthFlorida_Tron
Since the carpet surfing episode mine has spent a lot more time in front of his hole, but he has been out in my mp10 current just as much. Glad to see he is ok.

:happydance:

Great shot!! B)

Thanks! I need to figure out a way to filter out some of the particles in my water. I don't run a skimmer and the filter floss I am running in my AC50 isn't fine enough to filter some of it out.

Anyone have any experience or thoughts about crocea clams being on the sandbed? I've had mine for over a year and had it on a rock on the sandbed (usually) and it keeps moving off the rock and onto the sand bed and burrowing into it. I don't want it to attach to the bottom of my tank in case I have to move, so I took a piece of acrylic and put it on the bottom under the sand bed, and the the clam seems to have attached to that in the last week. Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

doesn't sound like a problem, i have a maxima that always moved to the bottom of my tank, as long as it is healthy and happy, go with the flow...

Looks like everyone is loving the Radions!

• 3 weeks later...

FTS for February. It took me a bit to get it up. I may retake it later sometime when it is dark and I don't have the reflections on the glass.

f546c70a.jpg

Growth shots of one of my birdsnests from last month and this month.

6fcde511.jpg

8edaae34.jpg

Archived