ReefCleaners.org

Danielle's • NC24 • Moderately updated • FTS 5/26

surgicalsense

surgicalsense
My macro is growing too!!!!!!! I seriously think it's the reason for the sudden decline in my algae troubles. Yours is miracle macro :lol:

I LOVE THE STUFF :) Can I say that louder?????? :lol:

Your welcome to more if you'd like? I just moved it around and wedged into the center again. I will also have move xenia soon. Those tiny buds I told you about will be pulsating soon and I have those 3 buds on the orginal frag plug ;)

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd totally take more macro. I'll put it in my frag tank. And xenia too if you need to purge it.

I have my sacrificial frags of coral in my frag tank now. They look happy :lol:

What is this magical macro? I'd like some! :lol:

I took my xenia off the frag plug and glued it to the back wall last night. Sometime overnight it wandered away and left me with nothing but a ball of putty on the back wall. *sigh* I'll have to hunt it down again tonight. I was hoping it would be happier there. :huh:

surgicalsense
I'd totally take more macro. I'll put it in my frag tank. And xenia too if you need to purge it.

I have my sacrificial frags of coral in my frag tank now. They look happy :lol:

I will bring you some when I bring the mess over. Also keep moss for me please ...

I need to let it grow out ... so it will be in a month so that I know it is stable. I am sure I can grow the babies.

I bleached the monti :huh: I am not sure it is even alive now :mellow: I moved it back on the rack, guess I will keep an eye on it and see.

What is this magical macro? I'd like some! :lol:

I took my xenia off the frag plug and glued it to the back wall last night. Sometime overnight it wandered away and left me with nothing but a ball of putty on the back wall. *sigh* I'll have to hunt it down again tonight. I was hoping it would be happier there. :huh:

I am sure I could ship you some ;)

surgicalsense

FW update :happy:

Fixed the 3g FW lighting issue with success. I added 2 Ecoxotics EcoPico white/blue lighting strips. Added vits for the FW plants.

I think I'm missing some vital blue thumb or something. My betta died, my FW tank is getting some kind of algae growth and everyone already knows my BC has been unhappy. Now my GSP in my pico isn't opening either. :huh: Am I really that big of an idiot that I can't keep a fish alive?! Sigh. I need whatever it is that you and Gena and Candy have that makes for awesome tanks!

surgicalsense
Hey, I just noticed the new tar. Very classy. I know......I'm not very observant.

Classy, no way ;) me? Never :lol: ... no I just dig Tiffany's :happy: love certian collections.

... thanks, Marc.

I think I'm missing some vital blue thumb or something. My betta died, my FW tank is getting some kind of algae growth and everyone already knows my BC has been unhappy. Now my GSP in my pico isn't opening either. :huh: Am I really that big of an idiot that I can't keep a fish alive?! Sigh. I need whatever it is that you and Gena and Candy have that makes for awesome tanks!

I have my SW under control/thriving ... it is my 3g FW that I am having issues with. My betta died several weeks ago. Do a water change in the FW, about half and do it every other day. It might help get the algae under control and where is your FW tank located?

surgicalsense
My FW is located next to the SW on a buffet in the dining room. I'll do a WC tonight.

:P woman like I can see your dining area. I was having a really bad algae issue with my FW because I had it close to the window, but the 10w stock ballast in it did not help. That lighting was also contributing to the growth for some reason. I seem to have it under control now, but then I also gutted out the hood and placed bad cheap LEDs I had purchased. Those are gone and I have improved the LEDs correctly ;) ... but, yes do the water change :)

:P woman like I can see your dining area. I was having a really bad algae issue with my FW because I had it close to the window, but the 10w stock ballast in it did not help. That lighting was also contributing to the growth for some reason. I seem to have it under control now, but then I also gutted out the hood and placed bad cheap LEDs I had purchased. Those are gone and I have improved the LEDs correctly ;) ... but, yes do the water change :)

There is a window but we keep the blinds drawn. :P

The FW is LED lighting. It's just GloFish and plastic plants for the kids. Maybe I should put some real plants in there to take up nutrients.

Planted tanks are the way to go!! I kinda miss mine. I had a great 29G planted, had khuli loaches, a pearl gourami, 7 neon tetras and a pair of german blue rams (except I think they were both the same sex..) I parted with it to move over to SW though :)

surgicalsense
Love the new FTS. I think a Aussie golden torch would look badass on that shelf to the right.

Why thank you ;) my xenia are on the move causing drama and leaving tiny buds of themselves as they go :lol:

Next to or under the froggy? I was actually thinking a hammer (left side of the tank, pt. left side :lol: ) but I will look into the torch after my move. I still want the dendra bad, really bad more then anything else in this tank.

Planted tanks are the way to go!! I kinda miss mine. I had a great 29G planted, had khuli loaches, a pearl gourami, 7 neon tetras and a pair of german blue rams (except I think they were both the same sex..) I parted with it to move over to SW though :)

Muct of been awesome and so full of life! I love khuli loaches they are so silly. I had those in my Marineland 18g a million years ago :lol: My all time favorite is the black ghost. Oh I had a very special one that I kept in a tank all by itself because it was super territorial, until my son killed it by accident. My one male ciclid was bad ass too.

There is a window but we keep the blinds drawn. :P

The FW is LED lighting. It's just GloFish and plastic plants for the kids. Maybe I should put some real plants in there to take up nutrients.

If you have time to handle additional tank, maybe you can just add one live plant. Moss ball?

I can barely deal with my FW 3g and my SW :P ... the FW is for the bf. But I take care of it. Which explains why I let it get away from me and it kinda crashed <_<

Why thank you ;) my xenia are on the move causing drama and leaving tiny buds of themselves as they go :lol:

Next to or under the froggy? I was actually thinking a hammer (left side of the tank, pt. left side :lol: ) but I will look into the torch after my move. I still want the dendra bad, really bad more then anything else in this tank.

To the far right. Keep checking CL. I'll keep an eye out for you too, if you want. They come up from time to time. I'm looking for a couple more things, but I'm going to start fragging and selling some stuff on CL soon. I want to save up for a bigger/conventional tank with a sump.

surgicalsense
I love khuli loaches! Their so cute with their little whiskers!

I know :P I alway got the black/orange striped ones.

... I am also happy to report I have tiny baby fw snails all over my tank. My snails reproduced B) sweet.

I know :P I alway got the black/orange striped ones.

... I am also happy to report I have tiny baby fw snails all over my tank. My snails reproduced B) sweet.

Yep I had 6 of them. And a Yo Yo loach as well. He was cool too.

Sexing going on in that FW tank of yours girl! Horny snails! :lol:

surgicalsense
To the far right. Keep checking CL. I'll keep an eye out for you too, if you want. They come up from time to time. I'm looking for a couple more things, but I'm going to start fragging and selling some stuff on CL soon. I want to save up for a bigger/conventional tank with a sump.

Yes please, thank you Cj ... You would make me a happy woman finding a dendra ... a larger tank, really? Your 28g is big enough? I still want the RSM, but not until I show I can keep this tank going for the complete year and with the successful move ahead of me. Oh darlin, you have any suggestions for this issue I have... My splash guard rubber lining is crap. Am I obligated to order a whole new splash guard or is there something I can do myself?

Yep I had 6 of them. And a Yo Yo loack as well. He was cool too.

Sexing going on in that FW tank of yours girl! Horny snails! :lol:

Well I know in my SW they are, "doing it" but my hermit for sure eat the eggs in the sand from the ceriths and nars. All my other speciality snails are single.

Yes please, thank you Cj ... You would make me a happy woman finding a dendra ... a larger tank, really? Your 28g is big enough? I still want the RSM, but not until I show I can keep this tank going for the complete year and with the successful move ahead of me. Oh darlin, you have any suggestions for this issue I have... My splash guard rubber lining is crap. Am I obligated to order a whole new splash guard or is there something I can do myself?

I don't have a biocube so I don't know what it looks like, but I imagine you can DIY something with a quick trip to Lowes.

I had four tanks, down to three now since the betta died. I have my 3G pico on my desk, the 14 at home plus the kids 3G GloFish tank. I enjoy taking care of them but I wouldn't mind if the GloFish crashed so I could use it for a frag tank. ;)

surgicalsense
I don't have a biocube so I don't know what it looks like, but I imagine you can DIY something with a quick trip to Lowes.

Cj what the dueces are you talking about. I do not have a BioCube either so I do not know what it looks also :lol:

I had four tanks, down to three now since the betta died. I have my 3G pico on my desk, the 14 at home plus the kids 3G GloFish tank. I enjoy taking care of them but I wouldn't mind if the GloFish crashed so I could use it for a frag tank. ;)

:P ... on accident ;)

surgicalsense
Ahhhhh, I forgot. You can the NC24. That one has a different hood design than mine. Pics?

Yes ... like several thread pages back :unsure: when I was learning/asking about my lights prior to that upgrade.

Weather stripping comes to mind and/or supplies from the area in the store where you buy screen material for redoing screen doors. You may even try the auto parts store too.

Archived