Pod Your Reef

Danielle's • NC24 • Moderately updated • FTS 5/26

surgicalsense

surgicalsense
Holy crapoly! Those pics are so artsy fartsy!!!! So clear and lit from the side. Tank looks fantastic!!!!!!

Why thank you very mucho, Marc. See the Tubbs, they came back from their weeks of anger :P

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
surgicalsense
Yerp

Some pretty macro I purchased off of ebay for a pretty reasonable price. I just tried to find my purchase so I can give you a name of what it is. It is slow growing, not like that green macro I have up top on the shelves.

Danielle has the best macros!!!! Well, in addition to Brad's dragon's breath ;) My favorite is the green on top. Still trying to decide if I can fit it in my tank ;)

surgicalsense
Danielle has the best macros!!!! Well, in addition to Brad's dragon's breath ;) My favorite is the green on top. Still trying to decide if I can fit it in my tank ;)

Well let me know and I will give you nice snip of it ;) ... I want corals ;) just a few more anyways.

Gena, the cap. There are tiny green polpys here and there :D just maybe, it might make it.

surgicalsense
I told you it wasn't dead :)

It's just p'd off :lol: Mine has tiny green polyps on it again too :happy:

I ordered some pretty neat stuff for the FW 3g. I am going to revamp it this week. New lights, I ordered some pretty cool mess to make a moss wall in the back and semi side of it. then redo the rest. Then break down the betta bowl completely and pack it up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250445462129?ssPag...984.m1439.l2649

This is the mesh/moss wall.

However, I may need to order one more of the Ecoxotics EcoPico light strips. I really do not think the 12v LEDs are enough :huh:

Let me know if you want to part with a small portion of your Christmas Moss, only if it is over growing in your tank. I could use that for the mess wall.

I ordered some pretty neat stuff for the FW 3g. I am going to revamp it this week. New lights, I ordered some pretty cool mess to make a moss wall in the back and semi side of it. then redo the rest. Then break down the betta bowl completely and pack it up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250445462129?ssPag...984.m1439.l2649

This is the mesh/moss wall.

However, I may need to order one more of the Ecoxotics EcoPico light strips. I really do not think the 12v LEDs are enough :huh:

I've thought about getting that mesh!!!! You'll have to let me know how it works out for you. Right now my Xmas moss is running rampant in the FW. It is out of control :lol:

surgicalsense

:lol: running rampant!

If your okay with tossing some my way ;) I purchased 2 mesh (I just noticed my typo :lol: ) So depending if it is to much you can have the extra one.

:lol: running rampant!

If your okay with tossing some my way ;) I purchased 2 mesh (I just noticed my typo :lol: ) So depending if it is to much you can have the extra one.

Oh my....I can totally give you a bunch of moss!!!!! I'll take the extra mesh too if it's too much for your tank :) thanks!!!!!

surgicalsense
Oh my....I can totally give you a bunch of moss!!!!! I'll take the extra mesh too if it's too much for your tank :) thanks!!!!!

Sweet, I should receive the order in a week or so. The mesh comes with all the parts to install, minus the moss of course :P

Gah! I want your tank! Your clowns are so gorgeous. Why can't I just hit the lotto so I can stock me tank already dang it! :lol:

surgicalsense
Gah! I want your tank! Your clowns are so gorgeous. Why can't I just hit the lotto so I can stock me tank already dang it! :lol:

:blush: your tank will be awesome also, I am sure of it. You're already setting the stages of it.

If your considering macros (just a few only I would suggest) it helps your tanks ph as I am sure you know, also gives grazing for your hermits, pods if needed. My tank is full of pods (I did not add them) and because of that I only feed my tank 2 times out of the 7 day week, if that ;) my goal that I decided I wanted to kind of attempt was a self sustaining tank with a AIO. I would say I am only 40% reached that because my knowledge is poor still with SW.

I barely have corals as far as I see it. But, I only want 5 - 6 more types if that. My tank is only 7'ish months old and I have gone on a coral purchasing freeze <_< until my move is complete.

I bought some macros off someone here. They said they were shipping Tuesday but I haven't gotten a tracking number or received them yet. I'm a little irritated but hoping they just didn't get back to me because of the holiday coming up. If they don't reply by Monday I'll fight it out with PayPal and buy macros from someone else. I planned to split them between my BC14 and JBJ 3G. :happy:

surgicalsense
I bought some macros off someone here. They said they were shipping Tuesday but I haven't gotten a tracking number or received them yet. I'm a little irritated but hoping they just didn't get back to me because of the holiday coming up. If they don't reply by Monday I'll fight it out with PayPal and buy macros from someone else. I planned to split them between my BC14 and JBJ 3G. :happy:

Sweet ... I purchased mine off of ebay. I only have two kinds but I am very pleased with them and what they do for my tank. Also, love the way they look.

Q:

Is there a shelf-life for bagged unopened sand?

If it's the live-sand yes. Check the EXP date on the corner. Should have one somewhere.

surgicalsense
If it's the live-sand yes. Check the EXP date on the corner. Should have one somewhere.

Thank you :P

Archived