3260 replies to this topic

gena

gena

"We are all of us stars, and we deserve to twinkle."

• Premium Members
  • 14,775 posts
  • Joined 14 Jan 2007
  • SoCal

My goby freaked out. He dissapeared for a week. I though it was smashed under the rock (newbe thoughts, LOL) anyhow. It had jumped over the back of the tank into the pump chamber. The fish was all thrashed and stressed. Then I recusced it, it jumped again but into the second chamber. Then I beginning to have doubts and was thinking about making a net cover for the chambers.

So far so good. Since I did this last scape the fish has settled with his shrimp.

Oh..that's right! You told me that :) I hope mine doesn't jump into the chambers too!!!!!!

surgicalsense

surgicalsense

... cookie?!

• Members
  • 4,835 posts
  • Joined 04 Sep 2011
  • Albuquerque, NM
Just keep an eye on it ... if you do not see it in several days just take a flashlight and check the back just to rule it out, you know.

NC24

gena

gena

• Premium Members
  • 14,775 posts
  • Joined 14 Jan 2007
  • SoCal
Here you are :)

Hopefully they'll move you before too long!!!!!!

How are the new additions?

surgicalsense

surgicalsense

... cookie?!

• Members
  • 4,835 posts
  • Joined 04 Sep 2011
  • Albuquerque, NM
Doing great! I did have a hard time placing the monti cap, but I have it on the top to the left. You'll see when you come over. I have put some though into it and I want to rehome or just purge the kenya tree. Would like to get a birds nest in its place. I am also crop dusting everyone tonight. My froggy is splitting, which is rather interesting and weird at the same time.

How are you doing and the fam? :happy:

Edited by surgicalsense, 16 November 2011 - 09:58 AM.

NC24

gena

gena

• Premium Members
  • 14,775 posts
  • Joined 14 Jan 2007
  • SoCal

Doing great! I did have a hard time placing the monti cap, but I have it on the top to the left. You'll see when you come over. I have put some though into it and I want to rehome or just purge the kenya tree. Would like to get a birds nest in its place. I am also crop dusting everyone tonight. My froggy is splitting, which is rather interesting and weird at the same time.

How are you doing and the fam? :happy:

What color birdsnest? Mine seems to be doing well and it's growing. I could probably give you a cutting of it before too long :) It's still adjusting to my tank so I want to give it a little more time before I cut it. But I'll definitely make frags of it. I can share them with whoever would be interested. They seem like they'd be really easy to propogate!

We're all good!! This Friday is Burbank's annual "holiday in the park". The merchants on Magnolia Blvd. open their doors for holiday shopping. There's Christmas music, lots of food. It's a fun time. We're looking forward to that!!!! I'm a Christmas junkie :)

metrokat

metrokat

High Heeled Reefer ;)

• Premium Members
  • 26,661 posts
  • Joined 14 Jul 2011
  • New York
What's new and exciting Dani?

Click the Icons for links

Kats.png max.png TOTM.png featuredRB.png NLOGO.jpg MDfish_White_Background_copy_bigger.jpg JBJ-Cubey-3-Gallon-Desktop-Aquarium-Blac

surgicalsense

surgicalsense

... cookie?!

• Members
  • 4,835 posts
  • Joined 04 Sep 2011
  • Albuquerque, NM

What color birdsnest? Mine seems to be doing well and it's growing. I could probably give you a cutting of it before too long :) It's still adjusting to my tank so I want to give it a little more time before I cut it. But I'll definitely make frags of it. I can share them with whoever would be interested. They seem like they'd be really easy to propogate!

We're all good!! This Friday is Burbank's annual "holiday in the park". The merchants on Magnolia Blvd. open their doors for holiday shopping. There's Christmas music, lots of food. It's a fun time. We're looking forward to that!!!! I'm a Christmas junkie :)

Sounds like fun! You know we have not gone to it, mainly because we never knew of it. We will have to see and check it out. We get all decked for the halls, but we are only doing lights this year since we will be out of town.

Thank you darlin on the birds nest, no worries I have plans on what I want and way to many ideas. LOL... I ordered a frag rack for my tank, so that is a start.

So I think I will purge the kenya and just get more zoa for those low laying rocks in the front. before I get the birds nest.

NC24

surgicalsense

surgicalsense

... cookie?!

• Members
  • 4,835 posts
  • Joined 04 Sep 2011
  • Albuquerque, NM

What's new and exciting Dani?

How was the spa?

No, nothing new and exciting besides, adding coral then wanting to remove coral. Almost like deciding what outfit I want to wear for the day....

The day and life of the newbe reefer...

NC24

gena

gena

• Premium Members
  • 14,775 posts
  • Joined 14 Jan 2007
  • SoCal

Sounds like fun! You know we have not gone to it, mainly because we never knew of it. We will have to see and check it out. We get all decked for the halls, but we are only doing lights this year since we will be out of town.

Thank you darlin on the birds nest, no worries I have plans on what I want and way to many ideas. LOL... I ordered a frag rack for my tank, so that is a start.

So I think I will purge the kenya and just get more zoa for those low laying rocks in the front. before I get the birds nest.

It's a lot of fun! Have you ever been to Porto's? They have a huge line every year for their amazing free full size samples. We don't usually wait in the line...but it's worth it if you've never tried it!!!!! If you go, text me while you're there. I'll look for you. We go every year with another couple and their son. It's become a holiday tradition.

Woohoo...frag rack. Did you get the suction cup type? I have one of those. It will come in handy when I start fragging the birds nest!

surgicalsense

surgicalsense

... cookie?!

• Members
  • 4,835 posts
  • Joined 04 Sep 2011
  • Albuquerque, NM
I ordered this magnetic one, small in size and translucent. Pismo referred me to. Kinda on back order right now <_< ... which is fine. Kinda.... LOL

You know I have not been to Porto's (I am dork like that) I am in the area all the time, too. My bf has gone and he digs the place. Absolutely, I will text you. I am looking forward to you visiting to see the tank. I could totally use your knowledge on some polyps I found. I wish I had a better camera, I would just take the pictures so everyone can see them.

NC24

gena

gena

• Premium Members
  • 14,775 posts
  • Joined 14 Jan 2007
  • SoCal

I ordered this magnetic one, small in size and translucent. Pismo referred me to. Kinda on back order right now <_< ... which is fine. Kinda.... LOL

You know I have not been to Porto's (I am dork like that) I am in the area all the time, too. My bf has gone and he digs the place. Absolutely, I will text you. I am looking forward to you visiting to see the tank. I could totally use your knowledge on some polyps I found. I wish I had a better camera, I would just take the pictures so everyone can see them.

I'll bring my camera along! Are you skilled with a camera? I'm not. If you are...you can have at it! It's a nice camera.

We love Porto's...but it's very rich and fattening. We can't go too often :)

surgicalsense

surgicalsense

... cookie?!

• Members
  • 4,835 posts
  • Joined 04 Sep 2011
  • Albuquerque, NM

I'll bring my camera along! Are you skilled with a camera? I'm not. If you are...you can have at it! It's a nice camera.

We love Porto's...but it's very rich and fattening. We can't go too often :)

My bf is awesome with the camera. I am sure he will get great pictures, thank you. Which ever day works best for you to come over. We are home. If you need a bit of Oyster feast, I will hook you with some. It was $19 at Vivid, being that is the first time purchasing it I do not know if that is pricy.

NC24

metrokat

metrokat

High Heeled Reefer ;)

• Premium Members
  • 26,661 posts
  • Joined 14 Jul 2011
  • New York
The spa was heavenly, except the manicure got smushed.

I've mentally tagged my corals:
"sell"
"toss in pico"
"meh"

Kats.png max.png TOTM.png featuredRB.png NLOGO.jpg MDfish_White_Background_copy_bigger.jpg JBJ-Cubey-3-Gallon-Desktop-Aquarium-Blac

surgicalsense

surgicalsense

... cookie?!

• Members
  • 4,835 posts
  • Joined 04 Sep 2011
  • Albuquerque, NM

The spa was heavenly, except the manicure got smushed.

I've mentally tagged my corals:
"sell"
"toss in pico"
"meh"

Excellent ...

Oh, dislike the manicure smear, did they fix it?

Are you selling corals/trading and such?

New pico for the contest?

Edited by surgicalsense, 16 November 2011 - 06:36 PM.

NC24

surgicalsense

surgicalsense

... cookie?!

• Members
  • 4,835 posts
  • Joined 04 Sep 2011
  • Albuquerque, NM

Mr goby looks grumpy!
Nice Fire shrimp and we finally got our first look at the Pistol omgomgomg =)

Was not an easy picture....

NC24

metrokat

metrokat

High Heeled Reefer ;)

• Premium Members
  • 26,661 posts
  • Joined 14 Jul 2011
  • New York

Excellent ...

Oh, dislike the manicure smear, did they fix it?

Are you selling corals/trading and such?

New pico for the contest?

It got smushed in the taxi to the hotel. :angry:
I haven't actively started selling/trading yet. I do have/did have offers on a few things but no sales yet.

surgicalsense

surgicalsense

... cookie?!

• Members
  • 4,835 posts
  • Joined 04 Sep 2011
  • Albuquerque, NM

It got smushed in the taxi to the hotel. :angry:
I haven't actively started selling/trading yet. I do have/did have offers on a few things but no sales yet.

Its a start. I am sure something will bite. Dig the idea of the frag tank. That was something I was concidering... but that means I would have to evict my betta out of his 3g in my room and convert.... there will no eviction this time.

Recall the tiny baby snail we were all trying to i.d. Well my new monti killed it. I found it fried on the top of it. That was a rather interesting find when I came home from work yesterday :mellow: .

NC24

gena

gena

• Premium Members
  • 14,775 posts
  • Joined 14 Jan 2007
  • SoCal
Wow..that's bizarre!

I'm going to respond here to a post you had in the mr. coral forum. There are many good vendors out there. Not in a million years would I order from the before mentioned though. I highly recommend reefgardener.net. Morgan is awesome. You definitely get what you see...colors are out of this world. She packs with care. I can't say enough good things about her. I got my birdsnest from her and many things in the past. She's definitely worth the $40 shipping fee.

Just didn't want you to be afraid to order coral online. There are good places out there :)

surgicalsense

surgicalsense

... cookie?!

• Members
  • 4,835 posts
  • Joined 04 Sep 2011
  • Albuquerque, NM

Wow..that's bizarre!

I'm going to respond here to a post you had in the mr. coral forum. There are many good vendors out there. Not in a million years would I order from the before mentioned though. I highly recommend reefgardener.net. Morgan is awesome. You definitely get what you see...colors are out of this world. She packs with care. I can't say enough good things about her. I got my birdsnest from her and many things in the past. She's definitely worth the $40 shipping fee.

Just didn't want you to be afraid to order coral online. There are good places out there :)

I will check your referrals site out.... elevate me from my coral shipping fears. LOL

I also need to figure out what the heck I am going to do with my other red shrooms. The rock their on is shaped odd and not an easy thing to place. I was going to try to break it up (shroom on it) ... ponder - ponder. Maybe I will just leave for you to see, I could totally use your opinion on it.

NC24

gena

gena

• Premium Members
  • 14,775 posts
  • Joined 14 Jan 2007
  • SoCal

I will check your referrals site out.... elevate me from my coral shipping fears. LOL

I also need to figure out what the heck I am going to do with my other red shrooms. The rock their on is shaped odd and not an easy thing to place. I was going to try to break it up (shroom on it) ... ponder - ponder. Maybe I will just leave for you to see, I could totally use your opinion on it.

I'd be happy to help :)

You know at some point we could even order together and split the shipping! I'm not really looking for anything right now...except some rainbow palys :)

JoelRHale

JoelRHale

Dance Commander

• Members
  • 6,823 posts
  • Joined 19 Jun 2011
  • Cincinnati
Yeah, what gena said. Don't be afraid of buying online, just don't buy from places that are iffy. They are a little more expensive but LiveAquaria gives you a 30 guarantee on corals and a 14 day on fish. I know one arrived DOA for gena but they are even covering shipping (how did that work out, gena?). I've used them a lot and would recommend them.

Posted Image

Ezsharkman

Ezsharkman

Keep friends close, anenomes closer

• Members
  • 1,806 posts
  • Joined 06 Feb 2011
  • St Augustine FL
I like these guys... its a little strange because the website is down and he is selling frags using facebook. I have got great deals on great frags. It doesn't hurt that shipping is 12 bucks in FL.

just click on the images and you will see the prices

Edited by Ezsharkman, 18 November 2011 - 08:31 AM.

gena

gena

• Premium Members
  • 14,775 posts
  • Joined 14 Jan 2007
  • SoCal

Yeah, what gena said. Don't be afraid of buying online, just don't buy from places that are iffy. They are a little more expensive but LiveAquaria gives you a 30 guarantee on corals and a 14 day on fish. I know one arrived DOA for gena but they are even covering shipping (how did that work out, gena?). I've used them a lot and would recommend them.

Joel...you just reminded me! I just called LA now and reordered the ywg. They are covering the shipping too. I love that company :)

surgicalsense

surgicalsense

... cookie?!

• Members
  • 4,835 posts
  • Joined 04 Sep 2011
  • Albuquerque, NM

I like these guys... its a little strange because the website is down and he is selling frags using facebook. I have got great deals on great frags. It doesn't hurt that shipping is 12 bucks in FL.

just click on the images and you will see the prices

Very nice.... however, concidering I do not live near or in FL. <_<

NC24

Ezsharkman

Ezsharkman

Keep friends close, anenomes closer

• Members
  • 1,806 posts
  • Joined 06 Feb 2011
  • St Augustine FL
They ship all over... I think it's like 34 bucks... Any updates?